Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:
Exclamation CP Mafia 2 - Town Square Showdown - Game Over

CP Mafia - Town Square Showdown

In an unremarkable town where time seemed to stand still, something strange was happening. Everyone’s quiet lives were forced to change when a new group of people came to town, and they weren’t your usual neighbours down the street. Crime rates skyrocketed, the streets didn’t feel safe at night, and this small place didn’t feel like home anymore. The lone sheriff was in over his head, but was able to at least able to relay some of what was happening before being quietly dispatched while on patrol one night.

The Barrow Mafia, a group of undesirables from the big city that used the name of one of the all-time great outlaws, had chosen this town as their new base of operations, but things weren’t going well for them either. A new, unknown group of people who fittingly called themselves the Parker Mafia would not let this new territory come easily.

The city was primed to descend into chaos between the two factions, and there seemed to be no way to stop it. It turned out the solution was given to them by the Parkers. A notice was posted in the town square. It said: “The usual methods aren’t going to work here. Let’s meet up here and talk like the civilized people we are. Get everyone in the town here, this is important to them too. - The Parkers”

Everyone was cautious about this...what was their plan? How would anyone know who was part of what group? There was no choice though. The only way to stop this was to meet, and hope things went their way.

Welcome to another edition of CP Mafia! I hope you all enjoy playing in it. This game will be a departure from last time in that you will know all the roles and how many of each there are. It’s more about discerning alignments from what the players are writing, rather than figuring out who has what role and going from there.

If you need general information about anything mafia related, feel free to browse this helpful wiki: http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Main_Page

Alignment and roles of all players was determined by random.org, ie. I gave each player a number, and ran it through the RNG to assign roles. Be careful with your assumptions.

This game is a battle of informed minority (Mafia) vs. uninformed majority (Town), and the job of the town is to try picking up on scumtells and lynch the scum. The setup is out in the open for everyone to see this time, so you shouldn't have to spend time trying to metagame things as much.

Rules
  • If you need to contact me, use Personal Message (PM) on Calgarypuck. I will receive an email and Tapatalk will push the message to my phone, so I will see it quickly.
  • Absolutely NO talking about the game outside this thread unless you have been specifically told that you can. This means PMs, other forums, Skype, MSN, IRC, ICQ, you name it. Please respect this, as it ruins the game otherwise.
  • I would suggest turning on "Invisible" mode in your User CP (under Edit Options) to prevent people from trying to guess your identity based on what you're viewing in the forums or when you're online.
  • Don’t edit your posts, this is cheating. If you make a mistake, quote your post and fix it in another post.
  • To vote for someone, you must put the vote in bold: ie. Vote: Mazrim or it won’t count. Don’t use bold for anything else unless you have been specifically told otherwise. To cancel your vote (you must do this before changing it to someone else), post Unvote.
  • You cannot quote any PMs I send you in the thread. You cannot quote any outside communications in the thread. Investigation results may be revealed, but you can’t quote the PM to prove it. If you absolutely want to talk about something like this, paraphrase it.
  • Do not post any fake day actions.
  • No "truth or dare" or "Toxx Clause" or metagaming to prove your identity. This includes things like posting screenshots of your profile or saying "I'll eat my pubes if I'm a Mafia." Basically anything outside the thread itself being used to confirm yourself is against the spirit of the game.
  • If you’re not playing or you are killed, you are not allowed to provide advice in any form to the living players. You may post a final message after being killed, but you can’t reveal any information that may assist the living players. Prefix these posts with “-----Dead Post-----”
  • Please post at least once per real time day. If you aren’t participating enough I will have to replace you. It’s in the Town’s interest to encourage as much discussion as possible, because otherwise it’s far easier for the Mafia to lay low the entire time.
  • At the start of each day I will post how many votes are required to lynch a player. When that number (the final vote is known as the hammer) is reached, the day is OVER.
  • Do not post after hammer has been reached. Do not post during night phases.
  • If you break these rules, you could be modkilled, which means you are immediately lynched and the day ends. Please don’t let that happen.

Roles

18 players will receive the following PM from me:

Quote:
You are a Townsperson. Your job is to uncover the Mafia hiding within your midst and vote to see them executed. Good luck. You win when all four members of each Mafia group have been executed.
1 player will receive this PM:

Quote:
You are the Officer. Every game night, you may PM me the name of one player to investigate. I will then reply to tell you whether the player is Mafia or not. Nobody knows who you are except you, and you might find it to your advantage to keep it that way for as long as possible - the Officer is a first-priority target for the Mafia to kill. You may also vote with the rest of the Townspeople, and win when all four members of each Mafia group have been executed.

Quote:
You are the Doctor. Every game night, you may PM me the name of one player to protect. That player cannot be killed by Mafia that night. Nobody knows who you are except you, and you should keep it that way unless you are about to be executed. You may also vote with the rest of the townspeople, and win when all four members of each Mafia group have been executed.

Quote:
You are the Roleblocker. Every game night, you may PM me the name of one player to roleblock. That player will not be able to carry out any actions that night. Nobody knows who are you except you, and you should keep it that way unless you are about to be executed. You may also vote with the rest of the townspeople, and win when all four members of each Mafia group have been executed.

Quote:
You are the Vigilante. At any point during the day you may post Kill: (player name) in the thread to immediately execute a player of your choice, after which the day will continue (it must be in bold or it won't count). You however may only do this ONCE over the course of the entire game. You are on the townspeople's side, so choose wisely! Nobody knows who you are except you...that is, until you perform the kill. You may also vote with the rest of the townspeople, and win when all four members of each Mafia group have been executed.
4 players will receive this PM:

Quote:
You are a Barrow Mafia member. You may conspire with your fellow Barrow Mafia members in private outside the thread at any time. The other groups will be trying to find you by observing your posting and voting trends. Don't associate too closely with each other, but don't ignore each other completely either! Your group may decide on a player to kill each night and ONE of you should send me the name. That Mafia member will carry out the kill. Through careful planning and manipulation, you can win the game! You win when the Parker Mafia is eliminated and the number of living Townspeople is equal to the number of living Mafia, or less.

Your fellow Mafia members are:
(REDACTED)

You may only speak with your fellow Mafia members in this following private thread: (REDACTED)
Finally, 4 players will receive this PM:

Quote:
You are a Parker Mafia member. You may conspire with your fellow Parker Mafia members in private outside the thread at any time. The other groups will be trying to find you by observing your posting and voting trends. Don't associate too closely with each other, but don't ignore each other completely either! Your group may decide on a player to kill each night and ONE of you should send me the name. That Mafia member will carry out the kill. Through careful planning and manipulation, you can win the game! You win when the Barrow Mafia is eliminated and the number of living Townspeople is equal to the number of living Mafia, or less.

Your fellow Mafia members are:
(REDACTED)

You may only speak with your fellow Mafia members in this following private thread: (REDACTED)

Cardflips and Flavour

Role and alignment will be revealed upon death (also known as a cardflip). No cardflip will contain an explicitly false alignment for the deceased.

Cardflips will be posted approximately 30 minutes after deadline. Hammer functions much like the deadline, and I will post cardflip as close to 30 minutes after hammer as I can.

Flavour is auxiliary and minimal at best. In the event of multiple nightkills, cardflip order will be alphabetized.

Only investigative roles (ie. Cops) will be told if their action fails. If it does, they won’t be told why. You will be able to repeat a one-shot or otherwise limited use investigative action if it fails, but obviously you’re out of luck if you wouldn’t have been informed of the action’s success or failure in the first place.

Special game events will be labeled as such so that no one incorrectly assumes I’m screwing around. Flavour in these events may actually reveal player characters and/or abilities, depending on the conditions they were done in.

Deadlines

Days will last a maximum of 5 real time days and may be extended at my discretion. Nights will last around 24 hours (timing will depend on when the last day ended). Excluding nights, deadlines will always be set for 10:00 PM Mountain Time.

Hammer cannot occur in the first 24 hours of a day. If a majority has been reached sooner than that, the hammer will drop automatically at the 24 hour mark, provided there is still a majority vote. This way days can’t be rushed, giving everyone a fair chance to post.

A majority of votes are needed to hammer someone. More than 1/3rd of the votes is needed for a deadline lynch. If the deadline passes with a tie, there will be sudden death. Any votes not placed on the leaders will be wiped, allowing for a potentially larger pool of players to hammer. If no one hammers within 30 minutes, there will be no lynch. Note that sudden death would push the cardflip up to 11:00 PM Mountain Time.

Good luck!

Players

Victorious:
1. kermitology saillias, Townsperson
4. Rathji, Townsperson
5. Hockeyguy15, Townsperson
7. strombad, Townsperson
8. flameswin, Townsperson
16. ineedanother, Townsperson
17. HalifaxDrunk, Townsperson
18. Lego Man, Townsperson

Dead:
21. Timbo, Townsperson, shot Day 1
3. hmmhmmcamo, Townsperson, lynched Day 1
24. Delgar, Townsperson, killed Night 1.
22. GP_Matt, Townsperson, killed Night 1.
12. agulati, Townsperson, lynched Day 2.
6. bizaro86, Parker Mafia, killed Night 2.
20. dsavillian, Townsperson, killed Night 2.
23. activeStick, Townsperson, lynched Day 3.
11. devo22, Barrow Mafia, killed Night 3.
2. GGG, Townsperson, killed Night 3.
10. starseed, Parker Mafia, lynched Day 4.
27. Aeneas, Townsperson, killed Night 4.
26. Street Pharmacist, Roleblocker, killed Night 4.
14. Crazy Bacon Legs, Townsperson, lynched Day 5.
9. CofR, Parker Mafia, killed Night 5.
28. Oling_Roachinen, Townsperson, killed Night 5.
29. Completely, Barrow Mafia, lynched Day 6.
30. DropIt, Barrow Mafia, killed Night 6.
15. Baxter Renegade, Doctor, killed Night 6.
25. CaptainCrunch, Barrow Mafia, lynched Day 7.
13. transplant99 dissentowner, Officer, killed Night 7.
19. undercoverbrother, Parker Mafia, lynched Day 8.

Modkilled:

No one yet. Let’s keep it that way.

Timeline
Day 1 Begins!
Day 1 Mid-Day, Timbo shot.
Day 1 Ends, hmmhmmcamo lynched.
Day 2 Begins, Delgar and GP_Matt killed Night 1.
Day 2 Ends, agulati lynched.
Day 3 Begins, bizaro86 and dsavillian killed Night 2.
Day 3 Ends, activeStick lynched.
Day 4 Begins, devo22 and GGG killed Night 3.
Day 4 Ends, starseed lynched.
Day 5 Begins, Aeneas and Street Pharmacist killed Night 4.
Day 5 Ends, Crazy Bacon Legs lynched.
Day 6 Begins, CofR and Oling_Roachinen killed Night 5.
Day 6 Ends, Completely lynched.
Day 7 Begins, DropIt and Baxter Renegade killed Night 6.
Day 7 Ends, CaptainCrunch lynched.
Day 8 Begins, dissentowner killed Night 7.
Day 8 Ends, undercoverbrother lynched. Game Over!

Last edited by Mazrim; 05-27-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Here is a short summary of what you will generally do on a regular game day:
- Make posts
- Hunt for scum
- Vote for someone

Here is what you'll generally do on a regular night:
- DO NOT post to the thread.
- PM me your night action (if you have any)
- Wait until the next day starts.

Side note: A no lynch scenario at the end of the day is bad for the town. The mafia gets a night kill, so no lynch during the day means they get off free and the numbers will slide in their favour as the game goes on.

Day 1 is normally pretty slack as everyone tries to get used to each other. Don't feel like every post has to be BIG CONTENT FILLED NONSENSE or anything.

Sample Day 1 posts:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Mazrim; 04-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

In the bright morning sun, everyone arrived at the Town Square, anxious to see what could come from this insanity. Many of the townspeople were still wondering how they got caught up in all of this, but were determined to stand strong for their families and homes.

Nobody looked out of the ordinary. Everyone wore plain clothes or work outfits. Who were the members of the mafia gangs? Were their closest friends or neighbours part of this scheme? This was not going to be easy.

A new notice was posted on a statue sitting in the middle of the Town Square, announcing the following: “The best way to finish this is to pick the most suspicious person out and shank ‘em. We’ll know pretty quickly who the bad guys are. Let’s stick to one person a day to keep everyone levelheaded.”

Some people chuckled at the thought of being “levelheaded” in a situation like this. What else could they do, though? It would be a grim task, but everyone felt they were able to come out ahead.

It is now Day 1. With 30 alive, it takes 16 votes on any one player to hammer. It takes 10 votes to deadline lynch.

Vote Count:

Hasn’t Voted (30): kermitology, GGG, hmmhmmcamo, Rathji, Hockeyguy15, bizaro86, strombad, flameswin, CofR, starseed, devo22, agulati, transplant99, Crazy Bacon Legs, Baxter Renegade, ineedanother, HalifaxDrunk, Lego Man, undercoverbrother, dsavillian, Timbo, GP_Matt, activeStick, Delgar, CaptainCrunch, Street Pharmacist, Aeneas, Oling_Roachinen, Completely, DropIt

Voting (0):

Deadline is Sunday, May 4th at 10:00 PM Mountain Time. Hammer cannot be dropped before Wednesday, April 30th at 10:00 PM Mountain Time.

You should all have your role PMs in your inboxes. Contact me if you have any questions about your roles.

Last edited by Mazrim; 04-29-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
dsavillian
First Line Centre

Exp:

in before someone gets lynched
Old 04-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

I trust none of you..
Old 04-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Dammit!

Old 04-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think dsavillian is suspicious, kill him.
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Two mafia teams! This town is rotten to the core!
Time to clean it up.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I added some colour to the roles, because everyone likes a little colour in their life. (And it makes the roles feel like good vs evil, which I hear makes for good storytelling)
Old 04-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

And so it begins.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I added some colour to the roles, because everyone likes a little colour in their life. (And it makes the roles feel like good vs evil, which I hear makes for good storytelling)
Not Donald Sterling...Hay-oo!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #13
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stop posting hockeyguy, it might get you killed...
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #14
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

You're second in post count, and both of your posts are already pointing the finger.

Once scum always scum?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #15
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Undercover Brother hasn't posted yet.
Suspicious. He is probably waiting for instructions from his boss before jumping in.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Interesting setup with 2 mafia groups. This will add a dynamic we are not experienced with.

There will be 2 distinct small groups of 4 to figure out. That makes it harder for the townspeople and harder for the 2 groups as I think they don't know who each other are?

Time to start hunting. The PM this time was far different from last time. Not a lot to disclose frankly.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #17
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yayyyyy!!
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks Mazrim for getting this started. It has been like waiting for Christmas.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #19
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
Interesting setup with 2 mafia groups. This will add a dynamic we are not experienced with.

There will be 2 distinct small groups of 4 to figure out. That makes it harder for the townspeople and harder for the 2 groups as I think they don't know who each other are?

Time to start hunting. The PM this time was far different from last time. Not a lot to disclose frankly.
The mafia is going to be more content with killing towns people since even if they don't know each other they have a 2-1 kill advantage. You'd think that the two mobs would be perfectly happy in protecting each other for as long as possible.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

I've read it all now.

22-8. Town has 4 important members with powers.

73% of us are on the town side. Of that, 3% have extra powers. If you have them, conceal it for now please.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , toronto is no good , vancouver is no good , wild west