Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am really looking forward to the season finale. I am quite enjoying this show.

Last edited by Alberta_Beef; 07-31-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #22
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

This episode felt a bit off. I get why Joe is down, but to actually ruin the shipment for it? That seemed over the top, even for him. I mean, he was the one focused on getting the computer out at the show, even if it meant cutting out the 'cool' UI. So he saw the benefit of making something game changing when he saw the Mac, I still don't think he would have completely gone nutty. Course part of it is probably losing Cameron but still, felt like too much of a change in his character. Yeah I get he's always been big thinker guy, but he's also been the guy who has done whatever it takes to help the project or get it done. Taking a meaningless action against it at the end just felt weird.

And the whole episode felt disjointed.

That said, even if it was the weakest episode of the season, I still feel the show is great, and am looking forward to the finale.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #23
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
This episode felt a bit off. I get why Joe is down, but to actually ruin the shipment for it? That seemed over the top, even for him. I mean, he was the one focused on getting the computer out at the show, even if it meant cutting out the 'cool' UI. So he saw the benefit of making something game changing when he saw the Mac, I still don't think he would have completely gone nutty. Course part of it is probably losing Cameron but still, felt like too much of a change in his character. Yeah I get he's always been big thinker guy, but he's also been the guy who has done whatever it takes to help the project or get it done. Taking a meaningless action against it at the end just felt weird.

And the whole episode felt disjointed.

That said, even if it was the weakest episode of the season, I still feel the show is great, and am looking forward to the finale.
Ya, that was the finale.

Not as good as I was hoping but am very intrigued to see what happens next.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #24
takeyourvitamins
Draft Pick

Just caught the finale. I agree it seemed very disjointed and overall I'm a little disappointed. The last 4 episodes were pretty solid, and then they finished it with a thud.

I guess we'll see if there is a season 2.
takeyourvitamins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #25
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I just finished up Season 2 and I really enjoyed it. It's as good as the first.

Considering how far I had to bump this thread I have a feeling not many people watched it. Hopefully with get a third season.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:54 AM   #26
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Season two was great, and the last two episodes were fantastic. Totally forgot there was a thread though.

I think it's picking up viewers, even if talk around here has decreased.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #27
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Still watching. I was on board first episode of season 1. Love the show. Haven't seen the last two episodes yet. Got them on the DRV and just waiting for a good time to watch them since my wife is not interested in the show at all.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #28
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was ready to drop it after the first season, but then I read a bunch of reviews praising the changes made for season 2. I thought that season 2 was vastly superior to season 1.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #29
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Frikkin show is great! Wish it was a longer season, but they did this with Walking Dead too. Hopefully the increase the number of episodes soon.

Watching Humans now. Pretty good so far.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #30
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
Still watching. I was on board first episode of season 1. Love the show. Haven't seen the last two episodes yet. Got them on the DRV and just waiting for a good time to watch them since my wife is not interested in the show at all.
Why do wives hate good television? Character driven, well written television. So many guys here have trouble getting their mates in this show, GoT, Walking Dead (to be honest, I'm on the fence about WD) etc.

I thought women were supposed to be the artistic ones. But they want reality shows. Or CW dramas. There used to be an argument that TV was pandering to males, but I don't know how you can argue that anymore. Women like there shows. But they are the reality and talk shows. Companies know what women want.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:43 AM   #31
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ratings are really bad:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ha...ratings-37011/

AMC renewed Turn for a third season but even that had 40% higher 18-49 viewership over the season and was trending upwards.
accord1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:45 AM   #32
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord1999 View Post
Ratings are really bad:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ha...ratings-37011/

AMC renewed Turn for a third season but even that had 40% higher 18-49 viewership.
Ohhhhhh noooooo!

Probably my second favorite show this year. Maybe third.

Hannibal has been crushing it this season (and much of season two). GoT actually took a step back for me for the first time ever. I'd put Halt neck and neck with it this year.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #33
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Why do wives hate good television? Character driven, well written television. So many guys here have trouble getting their mates in this show, GoT, Walking Dead (to be honest, I'm on the fence about WD) etc.

I thought women were supposed to be the artistic ones. But they want reality shows. Or CW dramas. There used to be an argument that TV was pandering to males, but I don't know how you can argue that anymore. Women like there shows. But they are the reality and talk shows. Companies know what women want.
The show is simply too nerdy for her. She isn't into computers at all so the actual content of the show just does nothing for her.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #34
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've watched the first three episodes of season 1, and am not really into it yet. There's not a single character that I care for, or am rooting for:

I find Cameron to be constantly angsty, with no other notes, and Gordon to be similarly pouty.

And Joe. . . . I would love nothing more than to see all of his schemes implode spectacularly, and for a whole herd of elephants to knock him over and parade, one by one, over his balls. I can't remember another main character in a show that has triggered such a strong, visceral hatred in me.

Do their characters turn around, become more fleshed out, or evolve in some way that makes the rest of the show significantly different? Or is it a situation where, if I'm not hooked now, I never will be?

Last edited by Mike F; 08-20-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:03 AM   #35
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
I've watched the first three episodes of season 1, and am not really into it yet. There's not a single character that I care for, or am rooting for:

I find Cameron to be constantly angsty, with no other notes, and Gordon to be similarly pouty.

And Joe. . . . I would love nothing more than to see all of his schemes implode spectacularly, and for a whole herd of elephants to knock him over and parade, one by one, over his balls. I can't remember another main character in a show that has triggered such a strong, visceral hatred in me.

Do their characters turn around, become more fleshed out, or evolve in some way that makes the rest of the show significantly different? Or is it a situation where, if I'm not hooked now, I never will be?
All of the characters have significant change through the 2 seasons. Just Kerry Bishe is enough to keep me interested.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 AM   #36
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

'Halt and Catch Fire' renewed for Season 3 at AMC

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...at-amc/477264/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Igster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #37
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #38
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The third and probably final season of the show is starting this Sunday. You can watch the first episode online right now: http://www.amc.com/shows/halt-and-ca...hearts-delight

This is show is great and doesn't really get the recognition it deserves.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #39
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Liking the new season so far, I'm liking the Ryan character a lot. Joe is still an asslick, lol
Old 10-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #40
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The finale happened this week. This season was great. There was a bunch of time-jumps to progress the story and keep up with the technology changes of the time.

The series could end at this point and I'd be happy.

Tags
amc , halt and catch fire , series , tv show