Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I _______ the new Flames jerseys
like 111 20.52%
don't like 219 40.48%
don't care about 211 39.00%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #321
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Easy. Fanatic (replica) vs Adidas (authentic).

Unless you're referring to knockoffs. You wont find those in any retail store and certainly not at The Dome. Those are pretty much only available online if that's how you want to roll.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dubc80 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #322
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
Easy. Fanatic (replica) vs Adidas (authentic).

Unless you're referring to knockoffs. You wont find those in any retail store and certainly not at The Dome. Those are pretty much only available online if that's how you want to roll.
So if it's an Adidas, it's an official, this-is-what-the-players-wear jersey? No matter what?

Because I was getting the impression from this thread that there were various versions floating around.

(sorry to be anal about this, I just want to make sure I don't buy garbage)
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #323
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
So if it's an Adidas, it's an official, this-is-what-the-players-wear jersey? No matter what?

Because I was getting the impression from this thread that there were various versions floating around.

(sorry to be anal about this, I just want to make sure I don't buy garbage)
The 299 version has the tackle twill stitched numbers IIRC
The 249 is the silk screened stitched on numbers, it doesn't look anywhere as good as the properly stitched numbers.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #324
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It sounds like there are now two different types of "authentic" jerseys. One is the ones labelled as "authentic", but they're made in Indonesia and apparently don't have the reinforced elbows and some other features that the true "on-ice" jerseys have.

The on-ice jerseys are the ones the players actually wear. They're made in Canada and have the reinforced elbows.

Both versions have a fight strap and sewn-on logos and shoulder patches.

As far as I know, the true on-ice jerseys aren't available for sale anywhere now. That may or may not change over time. It's possible that the only way to get a true on-ice jersey will be to buy game-worn.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #325
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'm just going to wait till the end of the season when they do the Fan Appreciation night and sell everything for 30% or more off. That way I can pay for the Adidas branded jersey at the price of the knockoff looking fanatics brand.

Found it funny on the lids website, they have the C on the Tkachuk jerseys lol....guess they made a captain change this year.

http://www.lids.ca/calgary-flames-ma...ersey/20954721
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demzy84 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #326
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demzy84 View Post
I'm just going to wait till the end of the season when they do the Fan Appreciation night and sell everything for 30% or more off. That way I can pay for the Adidas branded jersey at the price of the knockoff looking fanatics brand.

Found it funny on the lids website, they have the C on the Tkachuk jerseys lol....guess they made a captain change this year.

http://www.lids.ca/calgary-flames-ma...ersey/20954721
Lol what a f*** up
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #327
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It sounds like there are now two different types of "authentic" jerseys. One is the ones labelled as "authentic", but they're made in Indonesia and apparently don't have the reinforced elbows and some other features that the true "on-ice" jerseys have.

The on-ice jerseys are the ones the players actually wear. They're made in Canada and have the reinforced elbows.

As far as I know, the true on-ice jerseys aren't available for sale anywhere now. That may or may not change over time. It's possible that the only way to get a true on-ice jersey will be to buy game-worn.
Interesting because the lids link right below your post specifically claims that the authentic jerseys are the same jerseys worn on the ice but pretty much everyone online is saying they are clearly not true authentics.

Kinda sad that adidas and the NHL are trying to pass off fake merch to their fans.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #328
s_procee
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Anyone notice the sizes are a bit weird? I've always bought a large but went today and tried them on and a small seemed to fit best. I think it's due to the collar but wondering what guys that bought them found.

They also had limites sizes in everything and no Monahan, Gaudreau, or Giordano at all.
The Large fits fine for me
s_procee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #329
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_procee View Post
The Large fits fine for me
Old 09-23-2017, 09:54 AM   #330
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

So I went to the fanatic last night to check on the jerseys, and this is the conversation that I had with the guy working:

"I want an actual authentic player jersey, not an "authentic" jersey"

"These are actual authentics" he says, "worn by the players on the ice"

Okay, based on that, I should be good to go, right? But I decide to keep pressing anyway.

"You're telling me these are the actual jerseys the players are wearing on the ice?"

"Yes..."

"...Well, not the actual jerseys... these ones are made in Indonesia. The real ones are made in Canada"

"So these are not the actual authentic jerseys then?"

"No"

<suppresses desire to strangle the dude>

"Do you have any of the made in Canada ones?"

"No. Don't know when we are getting any or even if we are getting any"

So, does anyone know where you can buy the Canadian version?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #331
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

At present Canadian versions aren't for sale. And given that the NHL and Adidas are trying so hard to pretend that they don't exist and trick fans into thinking that the fake authentics are real authentics, they may never be made available.

Rumour is that some teams may make them available for a hefty price, like $400, but I'm pretty sure I only read that on CP.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #332
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping to buy a retro third jersey (the red one with the white flaming C) last night at the fan attic, but they only had XXL left. Anybody know if there's anywhere I can still get one? I know it's probably too late....
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #333
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I bought a retro third customized with Brodie in small last week but the pickings were already rather slim, so I'd say your chances probably aren't great.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #334
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I was hoping to buy a retro third jersey (the red one with the white flaming C) last night at the fan attic, but they only had XXL left. Anybody know if there's anywhere I can still get one? I know it's probably too late....
What size? I have a couple mediums BNWT.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #335
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

looks like sport chek still has them... but for $140
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...roductNumber=4
Old 09-25-2017, 06:21 AM   #336
Phil1111
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlame View Post
What.

They look exactly the same.
SAME!!

Come on, they need to go back to the design team and come up with something new. Or fire the design team.
Phil1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:40 AM   #337
mcleanap
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'll be coming from Ottawa for the home opener on October 7th. I'll only be in town that day and was hoping to buy a jersey prior to the game. What's the best place to do this? Preferably there would be player names to choose from.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
mcleanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 AM   #338
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was looking at the jerseys at the fanatic and I thought the crest looked really small. Was it the beers, or are they so small they look funny?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #339
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanap View Post
I'll be coming from Ottawa for the home opener on October 7th. I'll only be in town that day and was hoping to buy a jersey prior to the game. What's the best place to do this? Preferably there would be player names to choose from.
If you're looking for a specific player and/or size I would call in and ask them to set one aside for you? Both the North Hill Mall and Saddledome locations normally have a decent selection of crested jerseys, but I have no idea what they have for the Adidas ones unfortunately. You'll also want to specify whether you want the $249 version (no!) or the $299 version (yes!)if you're getting a crested one.

http://www.flamesport.com/store/cont...ore-Locations/

P.S. Don't buy the "crest while you wait version" on gameday -- don't know if they'll be offering that for the Adidas jerseys but it was poor quality on the Reeboks.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #340
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fan Attic is now carrying the "Breakaway" jerseys, aka the Fanatics replica:

http://www.flamesport.com/store/prod...way-Jersey-XS/

At $149 each (plus $100 for pro customization?), I wonder how these will sell compared to the Adidas version...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote