Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #1141
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I think it's time for the Lanisters to get some wins, so when they fall they have farther to go down.
The Lannisters are still the big shot-callers in King's Landing, I think that fall will be swift and far.

It wouldnt surprise me if Jamie loses at Riverrun and either dies or runs away and at the same time Cersei/Mountain lose the trial by combat and kill or whatever to Cersei and then Tommen loses it, does something stupid that allows the Sparrows to kill him and take over.

That'd tie that storyline up with a neat little bow. You're welcome Weiss and Benioff. My invoice is in the mail, think of me when you start your next show.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #1142
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Spoiler!

The link contains very convincing evidence about a Arya theory. Show only information but some may not want to see it.
Considering how detailed oriented the show is, this makes complete sense.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #1143
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

My guess is the Starks try to take back Winterfell, fail, and then Littlefinger shows up to save the day.

Sansa accepts him, but doesn't realize Littlefinger is going to manipulate everything in his favor.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #1144
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kind of hope Sansa wrote not to Littlefinger, but to her cousin Robin. Then she and Littlefinger can try and out manipulate Robin over each other. It would show Sansa has learned to play the game, somewhat.

But yeah, presumably she wrote Littlefinger. And we know how well it goes for Starks who trust Littlefinger.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #1145
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I think someone did screen grabs of the note she wrote and figured out what it said. You can easily find it with a Google search.
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 12:11 PM   #1146
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Either the Blackfish army or Little Finger's army will arrive to fight with Jon/Sansa to retake Winterfell. Just in time before the White Walkers hit the wall in episode 10 - The Winds of Winter.

We could see the end of the Lannister's - if Tommen dies, Cersei loses her trial by combat, Jamie comes running back to King's Landing or has to fight Brienne, and little Lansel gets his head crushed by the Mountain. That leaves Uncle Kevan left?

Can't wait to see the Hound back in action - and if he will fight his brother in Cersei's trail by combat.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #1147
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get how the Hound could be back to King's Landing in time to fight his brother or why he would even fight for the Sparrow?

Granted, the show has essentially made a mockery of travel times this year, which I'm okay with because it moves things along in TV land.
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pagal4321 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #1148
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagal4321 View Post
I don't get how the Hound could be back to King's Landing in time to fight his brother or why he would even fight for the Sparrow?

Granted, the show has essentially made a mockery of travel times this year, which I'm okay with because it moves things along in TV land.
The show doesn't make a mockery of travel times. Just because the stories are shown in the same episode doesn't mean that the events are taking place at the same time. This has already been stated by the writers. They put events together in a show to fit an overall theme and relevance to other stories.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #1149
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
The show doesn't make a mockery of travel times. Just because the stories are shown in the same episode doesn't mean that the events are taking place at the same time. This has already been stated by the writers. They put events together in a show to fit an overall theme and relevance to other stories.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
And why are you getting so worked up over a minor comment, especially when I say I have no issues with it. They are making amockery of travel times to move along stories to fit within episode times, the writers have also clearly stated this, from Bryan Cogman:

"...We realized a while ago that if we tied ourselves in knots trying to make all the “story days” line up between all the characters the momentum would suffer.

However, I simply asked a question about how the Mountain would get his revenge on the BWB and then head to Kings Landing in time.

But continue to get worked up about nothing.
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:55 PM   #1150
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm super pissed right now
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #1151
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think the Blackfish's army could get to to North, or anywhere for that matter. So yes it has to be Littlefinger coming to help
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:02 PM   #1152
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagal4321 View Post

I'm just guessing that the whole Hound story happened way back timeline wise, let's say around episode 2-3 of this season.

That or a wizard did it.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #1153
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Doesn't Arya have one of the brotherhood leaders on her list? Maybe this is how the Hound and her reunite - both going for revenge.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #1154
Scrambler
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Considering how detailed oriented the show is, this makes complete sense.
Last point I could make on this... the money bags... where would Arya get that anyway? She tossed her Hound money into the water before going into the House of Black & White.

I would have to say that the appearance of Arya cavorting around Bravos is a facade. I look forward to the result of this though and seeing what the twist really is.
Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #1155
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

FWIW, Maisie Williams has said in the past that they've had to film some of her scenes as right-handed just because of the angle of the shot, etc.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:31 PM   #1156
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler View Post
Last point I could make on this... the money bags... where would Arya get that anyway? She tossed her Hound money into the water before going into the House of Black & White.

I would have to say that the appearance of Arya cavorting around Bravos is a facade. I look forward to the result of this though and seeing what the twist really is.
Oysters, clams, and cockles were a big business along the harbor front.
Cappy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #1157
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

She easily could have got the money by pickpocketing...
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #1158
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Probably started a line of credit from the Iron bank.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #1159
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:

I thought the whole scene was a little strange. Of course at the time it didn't make sense because she hadn't been stabbed yet.

I do like how the writers drop the small clues and let us spend a week trying to predict everything. Makes the show so much more enjoyable.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #1160
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I do like how the writers drop the small clues and let us spend a week trying to predict everything. Makes the show so much more enjoyable.
I like this much better now that the show is ahead of the books and people can't post their clever "fan theories" that are really just book spoilers.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post: