Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #81
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I needed Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Generation to complete all the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies didn't feel complete until I got it.
That is an amazing movie, my favourite TCM!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #82
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually remember enjoying it when I watched it, but heard both Mcconaughey & Zellweger tried to stop the film from being released on DVD once they became big stars.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #83
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I actually remember enjoying it when I watched it, but heard both Mcconaughey & Zellweger tried to stop the film from being released on DVD once they became big stars.
I enjoyed that movie as well. I also liked part 3 with Viggo Mortensen. 1 and 2 are still the best though, and the 2003 remake was decent.

Watched the trailer recently for the upcoming Leatherface movie. Looks pretty average in my opinion. Personally I don't have much interest in an origin story at this point. As a character, Leatherface is much scarier when you don't know anything about him other than the fact that he's a deranged nutjob. Rob Zombie tried to do the same thing with Michael Myers in his 2007 remake, and although I enjoyed that movie, I felt it kind of removed the mystery surrounding the character. It was a more violent and bloody film, but it wasn't as frightening or disturbing as Carpenter's original.

I think they need to either put Texas Chainsaw to bed for good, or find a new and fresh take on the franchise. Origin stories are overdone these days.

Last edited by direwolf; 09-20-2017 at 01:51 PM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:20 AM   #84
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Another one from my collection.....

The Final Countdown

Quote:
Due to a freak electrical storm, the USS Nimitz, the world's largest nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, is transported back to December 6, 1941, in time to head off the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. As the fateful hour grows near, the ship's commanders must wrestle with the moral and ethical dilemmas of interfering with the progress of history.

Full movie here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ixuwv

Last edited by Dion; 09-21-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #85
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good week for me picked up some classics
Spoiler!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:12 AM   #86
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Final Countdown was so good! One of the faves from my youth.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:57 AM   #87
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to Sunrise Records this weekend and picked up some movies. They actually have some real good deals and are similarly priced to BestBuy or Walmart, or in some cases even cheaper. I really hope Sunrise does well, especially with big box stores cutting down/out their physical media sections.

Spoiler!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:33 AM   #88
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I don't mean to be a jerk here, but what are you doing spending your money on some of this stuff? Like "The Mummy" has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 17%. It's by all counts a terrible movie. I don't understand why you'd want something like that. Bay Watch is 18%.

If you just want to watch these movies, you can rent them for a small price. Isn't the point of collecting something to have meaningful/rare/prestigious pieces? Just buying anything that comes out is a collection I don't understand. Won't you just end up with clutter? Are you discriminating at all in what you buy? Are you concerned at all about ending up just hoarding movies instead of having collectible items?

I would think if you want an interesting collection, you should put your money into fewer items of higher value/collectibility. This collection just makes me say WTF.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #89
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

hehe I was thinking the same thing. No movie completest is completest enough to buy Baywatch. Especially in 4K. If it's just for Alexandra Daddario, might I suggest True Detective?

You should slow down buying movies and put that money into a sweet basement theatre.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #90
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL! Trust me you guys aren't the first ones to tell me this. I guess my answer is I dunno lol. I picked up King Arthur: Legend of the Sword on 4K and by all rights it should have sucked (28% on RT) but I ended up enjoying it. I don't have the ability to go out to theatres as much as I used to now so picking up a movie for $30 once a week evens out to what I would have spent at a theatre. The Mummy and Baywatch maybe I'll enjoy them maybe not but there movies I wanted to see in theatres but couldn't make it. The Mummy I picked up also because it's the start of the Dark Universe (who knows how long that will last) and I enjoyed the first 3 with Brendan Fraser. I also like supporting Sunrise Records who knows how long they will last. Plus I'm able to help subsidize my movie addiction by selling off the digital codes that come with movies for anything between $2-$5 so while I end up paying only $25/movie.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:00 AM   #91
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Society finally arrived from Zavi yesterday. Fans of 80s horror should give this movie a go, holds up pretty well. The best part was that because it took over a month to arrive I got it free

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #92
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
hehe I was thinking the same thing. No movie completest is completest enough to buy Baywatch. Especially in 4K. If it's just for Alexandra Daddario, might I suggest True Detective?

You should slow down buying movies and put that money into a sweet basement theatre.
Oh come on, He's got all 4 Transformers movies and your ripping on him for Baywatch?

speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #93
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be fair I did buy all those either used or on Black Friday/ Boxing day so I never spent more than $10/film probably closer to $5. It's why I didn't buy the new Transformers when it came out this week.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #94
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Very underrated horror flick from John Carpenter

Prince of Darkness...

Last edited by Dion; 09-29-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #95
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Because of Prince of Darkness
Spoiler!

That's probably a sign of a good horror movie.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #96
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Picked up two of my favorite movies on Steelbook this weekend. Already owned them but had to double dip because I was able to get them 2 for $30

Spoiler!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #97
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

That "not a dream" sequence still gives me chills. I'm a hard guy to please/ creep out when it comes to horror.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #98
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Today has been so ####ty I'm going to go home and veg out to something light hearted after work today. Thinking original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Old 10-02-2017, 10:09 PM   #99
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what's the weirdest and/or most obscure cult movie in your collections? I own some pretty bizarre and downright silly titles:

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Oversexed Rugsuckers From Mars
Zombeavers
Motel Hell
Turkey Shoot
Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
Bone Tomahawk
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
The Beast Within
Final Exam
The Funhouse
Slumber Party Massacre
Sleepaway Camp
Troll & Troll 2
Pumpkinhead
Kentucky Fried Movie
Piranha (1978)
C.H.U.D.
The Stuff

...and countless others.

But the one that truly takes the cake is a 2010 horror-comedy called "Rubber", about a homicidal car tire that comes to life and goes on a killing spree using psychic powers. It's amazing. For all you fans of super weird, crazy-ass movies, I can't recommend it enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_(2010_film)

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #100
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rubber actually looks like a lot of fun I kinda want to see it now hahaha

I have some of the same weird movies like

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - This is actually a really fun horror movie
The Funhouse
Slumber Party Massacre
Sleepaway Camp
Piranha (1978)

I also own the complete Leprechaun film series including Leprechaun in Space, Leprachaun in the hood & Leprachaun Back 2 tha hood.

Some obscure 80s horror titles I own are: Sssssss, Night of the Comet, Prom Night, They Live, Rabid, Videodrome, & Scanners (huge Cronenberg fan).

But the worst movie I own is Sinister Squad.....its a cheap rip off of Suicide Squad. I bought it for $1 at HMV when it was closing and I overpaid, it makes Suicide Squad look like The Dark Knight by comparison.

These are my pick ups from yesterday I guess you could include House and House 2 into obscure horror titles:

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post: