Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 10:41 PM   #1021
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
The 'fans' were annoying.
Milos with some unforced errors that really hurt him. Easy finishing shots that he should have executed but just...didnt.
Just watched the replay of Milos walking off the court and somebody threw an mini Argentina flag at him and almost hit him - That's uncalled for.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:23 PM   #1022
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have to figure by Wimbledon Milos will be one of the favorites.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:51 PM   #1023
Reneeee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Having been to a world cup surrounded by Argentinians I really don't like saying this, but they we're among some of the most nonsensical and downright rude individuals I'd even encountered in droves at one time. They were literally clogging up roads when lights were green and blocking buses from parking in their designated stalls.

Today's match brought back some flashbacks there. I get being fanatical but I think some people can't separate being a rabid fan with being outwardly rude

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 08:23 AM   #1024
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeee View Post
Having been to a world cup surrounded by Argentinians I really don't like saying this, but they we're among some of the most nonsensical and downright rude individuals I'd even encountered in droves at one time. They were literally clogging up roads when lights were green and blocking buses from parking in their designated stalls.

Today's match brought back some flashbacks there. I get being fanatical but I think some people can't separate being a rabid fan with being outwardly rude

Yes, I remember being at some lower level soccer matches amongst other things while traveling in Argentina and these fans do not take anything quietly. With that said, I've never encountered an ATP tennis match like that where fans are cheering for missed serves, errors and being downright idiotic.

You have to feel for Milos as he played an excellent match against one of the best players in the world and seemed to be a bit thrown in the final tie break having to wait excessively long to begin his service each time. For me, it was at the point where the tournament should have made a formal announcement, so a bit of a miss on their part.

Either way, I'm excited he seems to be finding his form and should b e a legitimate threat again once Wimbledon rolls around.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #1025
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I like a rowdy crowd and Milos played pretty well through it. The crowd even disrupted Del Potro's serve at times. It was funny seeing the crowd police itself, a lot of shushing back and forth.

The Montreal crowd has always been special and can get rowdy too. It helped Shapovalov against Nadal last year and has helped Raonic throughout the years.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #1026
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I like a rowdy crowd and Milos played pretty well through it. The crowd even disrupted Del Potro's serve at times. It was funny seeing the crowd police itself, a lot of shushing back and forth.

The Montreal crowd has always been special and can get rowdy too. It helped Shapovalov against Nadal last year and has helped Raonic throughout the years.
I don't mind rowdy, but actively cheering for missed serves/errors and continually holding up service is overboard and actually seemed to negatively effect the Raonic serve in both tie-breaks.

I can't recall seeing that happen for the duration of an atp tour match before.....especially not one that involves foreign players.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #1027
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't mind cheering for errors - "yay, my guy won the point!" - but cheering for a missed serve is the height of dickishness. I hate that. Totally classless.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 03-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #1028
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isner looked damn impressive in defeating Delpo in straight sets 6-1 7-6(2). He'll play the winner of PCB and Sasha Zverev in the final on Sunday.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #1029
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did he ever. Great win.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #1030
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:
Ducks

Djokovic splits with his coach Agassi. Tennis players usually break down at 30 (except Fedal) and aren't as effective as players. I would love to see Djokovic return to being a contender as it makes the game much more exciting to see him in finals rather than Isner. Maybe he just needs more time to return from injuries who knows.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:12 PM   #1031
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I attempted to watch the women's final for Miami. There were eight breaks of serve in the first set. Women's tennis is... not good right now.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 04-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #1032
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huge announcement!! Federer and Nadal to play doubles at Wimbledon!! https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tenn...bles-Wimbledon
Old 04-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #1033
Reneeee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Huge announcement!! Federer and Nadal to play doubles at Wimbledon!! https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tenn...bles-Wimbledon
I think one needs to be reminded what day today is..... Sorry to burst your bubble!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reneeee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #1034
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeee View Post
i think one needs to be reminded what day today is..... Sorry to burst your bubble!

Sent from my pixel 2 using tapatalk
https://twitter.com/user/status/980458464672604161
Old 04-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #1035
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha ya darn you are too smart, I was hoping I'd fool at least one person
Old 04-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #1036
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I attempted to watch the women's final for Miami. There were eight breaks of serve in the first set. Women's tennis is... not good right now.
How much women's tennis do you watch? Eight breaks might be a little high, but only a little. Standard match is probably between four and six breaks a set. I definitely agree women's tennis is in a rough spot right now, but it's not like the men's game is in a much better place, and they both have bleak futures with few stars on the horizon.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #1037
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isner wins Miami defeating Zverev 6-7(4) 6-4 6-4. Two late breaks of serve by Isner in sets 2 and 3 paved his way to victory.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #1038
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats to Isner on the biggest win of his career
Old 04-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #1039
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/980679398012563456
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #1040