Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #941
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Nah, heavier meals, stews, chili, dal’s etc., meals I consider comfort foods, I prefer to make in the fall/winter, thus the crock pot.
I agree, have Osco Busco in the instapot as we speak.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #942
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Nah, heavier meals, stews, chili, dal’s etc., meals I consider comfort foods, I prefer to make in the fall/winter, thus the crock pot.
Agree to disagree.

Lots of recipes that you set and forget. When you get back from your awesome day outside dinner is ready to go.

You can cook more than Stew in crockpots.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #943
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly speaking, I've never really been able to wrap my mind around Crockpots other than perhaps people who are morning people and set it in the morning.

Between sous vide and instapot, I don't get how to effectively use a Crockpot. Sous vide is my set and forget and instapot basically speeds everything up 3-4x so I feel like I can achieve in 1-2 hours what it would take like 4-8 hours in a Crockpot. Even before Sous vide and pressure cooker, I never understood crockpot. I'd pre-make food like stews and chili on the stove and freeze it (easily thaw in a pot afterwards) than go full on crockpot.

Am I missing something? Most of the advantages that Crockpotters tell me I find are negligible at best or non applicable due to differences in personality/methodology.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:26 AM   #944
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

getting a totally unexpected out of the blue gift.

Life is ####, but someone out of the blue gave me a case of beer because they know I can't afford any. Just said she was thinking of me and wanted to give me a treat.

really cool how a small thing like that can raise the spirits. makes my week.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #945
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
190lbs is my lowest recorded weight in, I’d guess, 10 years. 190.0 this morning. Maybe longer actually. 15 years. I weigh myself so infrequently it’s hard to tell. Don’t even own a scale.

In the past year I was as high as 210 and as low as 192 (fat, got in shape, fat, now IF).

And I’ve been quite sedentary working from home. If I can incorporate some cardio I’ll be laughing.

Goal is 160-170. Then we’re talking peak high school playing minor hockey weight. That drawer with all my too small clothes I’ve purchased or stopped wearing over the years is starting to get excited.

Took 3 months but I broke the 185 barrier this morning (184.7). Feels good man.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #946
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Congrats!

It makes me realize that I've totally wasted all of this Pandemic time just working myself to death instead of doing something productive with it.

Then again, I didnt get to either work from home, not work or collect Government cash.

Congrats on using the Pandemic for some personal growth...or...not growth. You know what I mean.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #947
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Good for you, especially during the pandemic.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #948
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

At least half the drivers on the road in Ontario are not only more important than everyone else, but they are also part time formula one race car drivers. Still blows my mind how many people I see topping 150km/hr each day. I had yet to experience the joy of seeing one of these #######s getting pulled over in real time, until yesterday.

I’m driving down a two lane highway in ON. Notorious for constant tailgating and peaking around... like there is anywhere for me to go.
So it’s at capacity, but moving along well, and I’m in the right lane. Marked OPP Tahoe passes me on the left (maximum intimidation factor upgrades included), and behind it is a Tesla with a pink wrap. As they pass us I say “that pink Tesla is aggressively close to that cop...”

He continues to tail the cop, within 4-6’, at 120+ km/hr (the cop was speeding to begin with), for about a km or as far as I could see and they pulled away around a corner. Then I see the lights! Begging for it to be the Tesla my dream came true. And we were then far enough behind that the Officer had approached the car and was standing there with the biggest “what the #### are you doing” expression. It was amazing.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #949
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a really tough day at work, and near the end, my Manager came to my desk. I 'braced for impact'...and I got a totally unexpected award for service. Picked the whole day up.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 08:24 PM   #950
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wandered into to a gnc to buy stupidly expensive vegan protein powder and everything was 90% off. My $65 powder was 7 bucks. Bought a hundred bucks of other useless stuff and saved like $900. Too cool.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #951
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've rediscovered stretching in the last two months and have really been reaping the benefits of it lately. My flexibility and breathing have improved, but more importantly I'm nowhere near as tightly wound. Even when I'm angry I'm not angry.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #952
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I wandered into to a gnc to buy stupidly expensive vegan protein powder and everything was 90% off. My $65 powder was 7 bucks. Bought a hundred bucks of other useless stuff and saved like $900. Too cool.

Is this specific to a particular location or city? do tell... supplements can be ridiculously expensive. And yes, some people actually need some of them for various reasons.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #953
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

And the hits just keep on coming today:

Just found out that the ****stain CEO of the company I work for just got axed! From what we were told, his role in creating such a morose culture was recognized in his termination. Seriously folks, this is like the rainbow coming out of the storm for a lot of people. Do I believe this is gonna result in a huge culture shift? Not really. But I'll happily take this news today!

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #954
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Is this specific to a particular location or city? do tell... supplements can be ridiculously expensive. And yes, some people actually need some of them for various reasons.
Bankers Hall location just closed, could have been there.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #955
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Sorry didnt see this. But I think it was their last day...Sept 30. A few locations were closed on Oct 1. GNC is bankrupt as a brand but a few stores are staying open likely independently of the GNC label. I think this particular story just got a bunch of GNC stuff at an insolvency auction for pennies on the dollar and had a big ole going out of business sale.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #956
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sirius XM 'forced' me to go through their website...and after I did, I realized I was overpaying for what I actually use, and a better and cheaper plan would easily suffice. Now, thanks to their underhanded tactic...I'm paying about 50% less than what I was for the same service/product. Thanks, Sirius!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #957
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

I stopped being a weekday breakfast person sometime in my teens. I've been fortunate enough to be working from home during the pandemic and I'm rediscovering some comfort food from my childhood/teens. Hard boiled eggs on toasts, scrambled eggs on toast, jam on toast, baked beans (Heinz British style) on toast. Hell, toast is just great.

Also cheese on Jacob's cream crackers as an afternoon snack. I forgot how great that was.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #958
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Swift View Post
I stopped being a weekday breakfast person sometime in my teens. I've been fortunate enough to be working from home during the pandemic and I'm rediscovering some comfort food from my childhood/teens. Hard boiled eggs on toasts, scrambled eggs on toast, jam on toast, baked beans (Heinz British style) on toast. Hell, toast is just great.

Also cheese on Jacob's cream crackers as an afternoon snack. I forgot how great that was.

You forgot your main vegetable, Ketchup.
And Nutella. A great big @$$ spoon of it.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #959
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

As luck would have it, yesterday became the best “free agency Friday”’as the wife and I secured a real power forward (9lbs 11ozs) and locked him up for 18+ years.

Still waiting on the AAV but it will be backloaded contract for sure.

What a great day!
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2020, 11:10 AM   #960
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
As luck would have it, yesterday became the best “free agency Friday”’as the wife and I secured a real power forward (9lbs 11ozs) and locked him up for 18+ years.

Still waiting on the AAV but it will be backloaded contract for sure.

What a great day!
Congratulations!
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote