Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-09-2020, 04:21 PM   #81
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone have suggestions on where to go in Kelowna for a good winery experience? My buddies and I are looking for a place that's skews younger and busier, more interested in chatting with girls than pretending to know what a malbec is. Either a winery or tour would be sweet.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:05 PM   #82
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Anyone have suggestions on where to go in Kelowna for a good winery experience? My buddies and I are looking for a place that's skews younger and busier, more interested in chatting with girls than pretending to know what a malbec is. Either a winery or tour would be sweet.
Um. Literally none of those things. Basically nobody at a winery wants to chat unless you want to buy their tastings before they leave to the next one.

Most wineries are having to book time in advance now anyway.

Maybe a little aggressive but the girls you are looking for aren’t at wineries.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #83
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Maybe a little aggressive but the girls you are looking for aren’t at wineries.
Well, yes they are, but there are a couple issues. First and foremost, bachelorette season is long over. You're about 2 months too late. Secondly, none of wineries are set up for this. As mentioned, for scheduled tours (even pre-covid), you're going to have set times to do the tasting and buy wines, there is little time to mingle. The environments at most of the larger wineries is not conducive to mingling between groups. I'd say the Hatch and Mt Boucherie would be your best shots at mingling based on being more casual and communal, but even then, the wineries are not where to focus, its the nightlife. In bachelorette season, Kelowna downtown is insane. If you go to any of the clubs, you'll see no less than 10 bachelorette crews of 100% females, with a good 40% of them being on the prowl.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #84
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Kelowna’s hottest club is O’Flannigans. It has everything.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:26 PM   #85
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any suggestions for rentals in Kelowna for maybe the months of January and February?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #86
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Well, yes they are, but there are a couple issues. First and foremost, bachelorette season is long over. You're about 2 months too late. Secondly, none of wineries are set up for this. As mentioned, for scheduled tours (even pre-covid), you're going to have set times to do the tasting and buy wines, there is little time to mingle. The environments at most of the larger wineries is not conducive to mingling between groups. I'd say the Hatch and Mt Boucherie would be your best shots at mingling based on being more casual and communal, but even then, the wineries are not where to focus, its the nightlife. In bachelorette season, Kelowna downtown is insane. If you go to any of the clubs, you'll see no less than 10 bachelorette crews of 100% females, with a good 40% of them being on the prowl.
The brunt of our mingling efforts definitely won't be focused on the wineries but since that's the overall goal and wineries was something we wanted to do I figured we'd give ourselves the best shot. Roses has apparently closed which is a huuuuge loss that I'll have to make up incrementally in other areas
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #87
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
The brunt of our mingling efforts definitely won't be focused on the wineries but since that's the overall goal and wineries was something we wanted to do I figured we'd give ourselves the best shot. Roses has apparently closed which is a huuuuge loss that I'll have to make up incrementally in other areas

not sure how much you check bc news....

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/310...uor-restricted

the important stuff...

Quote:
All nightclubs and banquet halls were ordered to close by Dr. Bonnie Henry Tuesday,

“Those types of venues are too risky, and that is where we're seeing quite a lot of transmission, particularly in the Lower Mainland, and then its spreading to other parts of the province as people travel or go and have other parties or get togethers with friends," Dr. Henry added.
In addition to the closure of clubs and banquet halls, liquor service at bars and restaurants must now end by 10 p.m., while these establishments must close by 11 p.m. Restaurants that serve only their full food menu will be permitted to remain open past 11.
Dr. Henry also added a new order that will limit the volume of music and TVs in bars and restaurants to below the volume of "normal conversation."
Old 09-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #88
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Yeah, if you're looking to come to B.C. to party and meet girls, now isn't the time.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote