Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Anyone going to try and pre-order the iPhone X tomorrow morning?

(Please keep this thread on topic, yes I know the iPhone sucks compared to Android and is waste of money blah blah)

Pre orders begin at 12:01 PDT, the store is already down! Anyone going to try and pre order one?
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:44 PM   #2
skudr248
First Line Centre

Exp:

no
skudr248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #3
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Also a no from me dawg.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #4
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I always use iPhones but basically after getting the 6 plus on launch day I stopped being a hardcore fanboy because you will never use the additional technologies on the newer models. Plus it is getting progressively more expensive for the new phones.

Next time when I upgrade I will probably buy a previous-year model and get a discounted deal from the cell providers..

So short answer is NO.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #5
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### no
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #6
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

no way Jose
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #7
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Normally our corporate provider has been able to get the newest iPhone's pretty close to release date, when most regular customers are still in waitlists....This year? They're saying they don't expect to be able to source many units before December.

Whether its intentional or purely supply driven, I forsee a lot of unfilled demand and hype around getting an iPhone X -which in turn should help re-invigorate the overall "hype" around releases via scarcity that Apple used to have. Apple should take note of what happens when you finally go back to innovating.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I want to see one before deciding. I've got an iPhone 6 with a screen defect which they won't fix because it developed after the warranty, and the battery seems borked (it says there's 5% left, I plug it in, instantly jumps up to 30% left.. then later says 20% left then shuts off, etc). So I'd like to upgrade. But not sure if I'll it so will be patient, and just get my 6 repaired I guess if I don't want to upgrade.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #9
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

no, i am not, but the window in my cube looks out towards Chinook plaza and the entrance by the apple store. i'll be interested to see how many people feel it is a good investment of time to wait in line to get this new phone
Old 10-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #10
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Apple offer that financing like they do in the states? If it was similar to a 2 year plan, I would maybe go for it. We switched over to the APEGA wireless plan for my wife's and my phone so only can do BYOP with them.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #11
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

- Sent from my iPhone
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheFlamesVan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #12
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Currently shows an ETA of 5-6 weeks.

I was planning on getting the X until I saw the keynote. Instead I went with the 8. I'm not sold on the lack of home button and the lack of fingerprint login.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #13
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I always use iPhones but basically after getting the 6 plus on launch day I stopped being a hardcore fanboy because you will never use the additional technologies on the newer models. Plus it is getting progressively more expensive for the new phones.

Next time when I upgrade I will probably buy a previous-year model and get a discounted deal from the cell providers..

So short answer is NO.
My iPhone 5 charging port broke, and I was at the end of my contract so I got a 6. But that 5 was my favourite phone, perfect size. I might just get it repaired when this one craps out and take a big step back in the mobile game.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFlamesVan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #14
zzibradleyizz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I placed my order when the Apple Store went live. Delivers: 21 Nov - 28 Nov and this was as soon as the Apple Store went live. Have a 6 Plus, so it's over 3 years old now and starting to slow down so it was time for an upgrade.
zzibradleyizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #15
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
no, i am not, but the window in my cube looks out towards Chinook plaza and the entrance by the apple store. i'll be interested to see how many people feel it is a good investment of time to wait in line to get this new phone
Isn't physically available until next week, pre-orders only today. So hopefully no one dumb enough to go wait in line for nothing. Don't think there is anything to wait in line for next week either, as IIRC the first batch will all sold online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Does Apple offer that financing like they do in the states? If it was similar to a 2 year plan, I would maybe go for it. We switched over to the APEGA wireless plan for my wife's and my phone so only can do BYOP with them.
I don't think they do directly at Apple in Canada - cell phone subsidies are still done a bit differently in Canada. They're moving to the financing option on most providers, but they're still packaging it as part of the various plan tiers. US is similar but more cut and dry on it being financing vs. subsidy repayment, which I think is why Apple is in that space as well.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #16
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
My iPhone 5 charging port broke, and I was at the end of my contract so I got a 6. But that 5 was my favourite phone, perfect size. I might just get it repaired when this one craps out and take a big step back in the mobile game.
Someone sat on my 6 and broke it. My wife had a 5S, so i bought her a new phone and stole her 5S.

I agree that the 5 is the perfect size.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:51 AM   #17
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
But that 5 was my favourite phone, perfect size. I might just get it repaired when this one craps out and take a big step back in the mobile game.

As an FYI, the iPhone SE is the same size as the 5. It lags behind the 7&8 in specs, but Apple seems to update it every second year
ah123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:15 AM   #18
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
- Sent from my iPhone
/golfclap
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #19
OBCT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nope.

I'm still using an iPhone 5 (supplied by work), and am not expecting an upgrade any time soon.

The 5 is a good phone, so besides missing out on a few snazzy bells & whistles I'm happy with it as long as it lasts.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #20
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah123 View Post
As an FYI, the iPhone SE is the same size as the 5. It lags behind the 7&8 in specs, but Apple seems to update it every second year
I love my SE, but I'm pretty sure it's been untouched since it was launched. Could be wrong.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote