Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #81
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t fight the guy with a bone saw, that’s my motto.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #82
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

So he went in, tried to fight 15+ guys, got killed, they happened to have a bone saw handy, they dismembered him, left Turkey with the remains, said he wasn't dead, now waited until today to tell everyone what happened?

Hm. Seems plausible.

Next question is how is Trump going to cover for the Saudis?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #83
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised they haven't gone with "The guy was actually a tertorist planning the next 9/11" angle.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #84
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

So, there you go. It's 'credible'. Everyone on the planet knows they're lying (including the Saudis themselves) but Trump goes along with it.

I said it before, he is an absolute coward.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1053444917429702656
Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #85
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
So, there you go. It's 'credible'. Everyone on the planet knows they're lying (including the Saudis themselves) but Trump goes along with it.

I said it before, he is an absolute coward.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1053444917429702656
Honestly, the KSA has the world in jam here. It’s plainly obvious they’re lying, and yes it’s deplorable. But the truth is if people get too upset about this, they pull their money and the carnage economically would be immense. I think that it’s an incredibly difficult position not only for Trump, but western leaders in general.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #86
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

You don't have to pull all your money, but you have to do something to show them it's unacceptable. Doing nothing isn't an option. Or maybe it is for Trump.

He said there would be 'severe' punishment if it was found that the Saudis were responsible. Well, they are. Now he says the story is credible.

He's a lying coward. If killing and cutting up a journalists body doesn't illicit some sort of negative reaction from world leaders like Trump then I truly feel sorry for our planet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 07:43 PM   #87
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saudi can do whatever they want because they have what the world needs. Unless the world is going to be collectively united in giving repercussions to Saudi, they'll be able to run the show however they want, without penalty.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #88
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You don't have to pull all your money, but you have to do something to show them it's unacceptable. Doing nothing isn't an option. Or maybe it is for Trump.

He said there would be 'severe' punishment if it was found that the Saudis were responsible. Well, they are. Now he says the story is credible.

He's a lying coward. If killing and cutting up a journalists body doesn't illicit some sort of negative reaction from world leaders like Trump then I truly feel sorry for our planet.
I don’t mean pulling money from the KSA, I mean them pulling the money from our markets. It would have enormous repercussions. I’m not saying a government shouldn’t act, but I think it has to be considered.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #89
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
they'll be able to run the show however they want, without penalty.
They'll be able to? They have been already, for a long time.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:17 AM   #90
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Honestly, the KSA has the world in jam here. It’s plainly obvious they’re lying, and yes it’s deplorable. But the truth is if people get too upset about this, they pull their money and the carnage economically would be immense. I think that it’s an incredibly difficult position not only for Trump, but western leaders in general.
What a miserable place we’ve created for ourselves. Justice, freedom, and humanity traded so we can all order garbage we don’t need, mortgage our oversized houses, and drive flash vehicles.
Honestly, this entire thing is absolutely sickening. I expect this kind of thing from certain nations, but something so egregious being passed off in the name of economics? Condemn us to hell, and give us our big screens.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 05:47 AM   #91
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
What a miserable place we’ve created for ourselves. Justice, freedom, and humanity traded so we can all order garbage we don’t need, mortgage our oversized houses, and drive flash vehicles.
Honestly, this entire thing is absolutely sickening. I expect this kind of thing from certain nations, but something so egregious being passed off in the name of economics? Condemn us to hell, and give us our big screens.
The world needs another plague.
combustiblefuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #92
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Saudi can do whatever they want because they have what the world needs. Unless the world is going to be collectively united in giving repercussions to Saudi, they'll be able to run the show however they want, without penalty.
Well... I mean... other places have it too... they’re just not allowed to move it because of myopic NIMBYism bull ####. But your point stands.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #93
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is in a weird way, why globalism is a drawback. Countries like Saudi Arabia, who don't conform to our values in general, have us by the balls. It works great when everything is ho-hum as we get relatively good gas prices, but in times like this where they politically murdered someone, they're not held accountable. Ideally the one guy should be tried in a place like The Hague, but in lieu of that the country has to be held accountable on his behalf to some degree.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #94
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So he went in, tried to fight 15+ guys, got killed, they happened to have a bone saw handy, they dismembered him, left Turkey with the remains, said he wasn't dead, now waited until today to tell everyone what happened?

Hm. Seems plausible.

Next question is how is Trump going to cover for the Saudis?
So the Saudi's story seems to be Khashoggi started a fist fight 15+ guys where they had a bone saw and a look-a-like ready.

They were trying to use a body double to try to cover up Khashoggis assassination. Apparently a member of the hit squad acted as a body double, who took Khashoggi's clothes and walked around pretending to be Khashoggi, for the rest of the day. Not creepy at all.

Saudi's did not count on the fiance sitting there waiting for Khashoggi or the video surveillance that the Turks caught.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/22/m..._medium=social

Last edited by FlameOn; 10-22-2018 at 08:48 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #95
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Negative reactions don't count for anything. That's the equivalent of Hans Blix's "Angry letter telling you how angry we are" threat to Kim Jong Un in Team America world police.

You either insitute actions or you don't. Is blatantly sanctioning Saudi Arabia and having them pull investments, push oil over $100/bbl, and cause a bunch of economic destruction worth the life of one guy? Probably not, a better course of action would be to slowly move away from buying their oil. Trudeau doing what he can to re-start Energy East would be a good start, just like Obama could have not quashed the Keystone pipeline as it's been pretty clear for the last 40 years that relying on Saudi is a bad policy.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #96
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
So the Saudi's story seems to be Khashoggi started a fist fight 15+ guys where they had a bone saw and a look-a-like ready.

They were trying to use a body double to try to cover up Khashoggis assassination. Apparently a member of the hit squad acted as a body double, who took Khashoggi's clothes and walked around pretending to be Khashoggi, for the rest of the day. Not creepy at all.

Saudi's did not count on the fiance sitting there waiting for Khashoggi or the video surveillance that the Turks caught.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/22/m..._medium=social
The Saudis also:
1. Happened to have the bone saw and disposal team handy.
2. Had handily just stocked up on a plethora of cleaning/evidence concealing cleaning and painting supplies.

And...this was all the work of a rogue general with no actual ties to the main Saudi government. So if #### does hit fan, the Saudis will probably use the incident to purge/throw under the bus this random general. So if we really push the Saudis, we'll end up with (at least) two innocent people killed instead of one.

The Saudis have apparently already arrested 18 people in connection with the death.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:39 AM   #97
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Turkish surveillance drones caught Saudi embassy staff burning documents the day after the Khashoggi assassination. Saudis are looking more comically incompetent by the day.

https://www.dailysabah.com/investiga...-disappearance
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #98
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Turkish surveillance drones caught Saudi embassy staff burning documents the day after the Khashoggi assassination. Saudis are looking more comically incompetent by the day.

https://www.dailysabah.com/investiga...-disappearance
adding to comically inept

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/22/saud...ong-shoes.html

Quote:
An alleged Saudi Arabian plot to cover up the killing of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi went awry after a suspected Khashoggi "body double" wore the wrong shoes, a diplomat familiar with the matter told The Washington Post, according to an article published Monday.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #99
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
also the full head of dark black hair was a give away...........

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #100
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
also the full head of dark black hair was a give away...........
That's what I thought too. I guess walking into the Saudi consulate is the equivalent of taking Rogaine.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote