Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2023, 01:56 PM   #1761
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can buy seeds legally online through a licensed distributor within Alberta. To be allowed to sell online legally in alberta, you typically also have to have a physical store somewhere. If your source is not someone who also operates a physical store, it's probably illicit. But that may or may not matter to you at all.

You can buy seeds in store as well as Sliver mentioned. Personally, I would just go talk to someone about it if you are starting out. It's totally free to get this advice!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #1762
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I grow my own and have for a perfectly legal length of time too.

True North Seed bank and Crop King Seeds have both been solid for me. Perfectly legal to ship seeds within Canada.

I have grown both indoor and outdoor. If this is your first grow and are learning still if maybe suggest a feminized auto plant. It will ignore light cycles and just grow. Should take about 70-90 ish days depending on the strain.
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deviaant For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #1763
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Little OT but, has the Cliff Fletcher account been wiped from CP? No trace of his posts anywhere. I remember when weed legalization was new, he was railing on about how it wouldn’t stop people from buying pot from back alley dealers.

Anyone still buying weed from a Terry?
Unless you have a solid hookup, like a coworker who would give you discounts and could bring it to you at work like my buddy had, I can't imagine why anyone would prefer this method in an urban area. The meetup is full of paranoia, and you have no idea what you're getting. May want it for sleep and you end up getting a high energy, daytime sativa. So glad I'm done with that stuff.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2023, 04:12 PM   #1764
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah all my stuff is purchased legally from local stores. I am growing a plant right now and it's doing wicked (bought the seeds from a local store). I have a grow light that was, like, $30 and it has helped a lot. I will say the smell of just one plant can be quite strong. Stronger than I would have expected. It is fun to watch it grow and I can't wait to smoke it.
Maybe we need to start a Bonavista Growers thread!

I got gifted 7 seeds from a Facebook growers group and out of the 7, three sprouted. But there were 3 different kinds and I didn’t keep them separate when I was germinating and have no idea what they are! Like you, I have a cheap light and a south window. I was thinking about going tent and a Mars/Vivo/Spider Farmer light system, but I thought I would just go basic and learn off these girls. A friend around the corner has the whole hydroponic grow system in their basement… but he reeeeeeeeeally enjoys this hobby. I’ll likely just grow these 3 and call it quits… but we’ll see. They likely won’t get huge, but will be enough to keep me medicated for a few months We could do a Pot Exchange? I like trying different varieties!

The other option is to buy clones? It takes away having to go from seed, but at least it’s pretty established and they call it weed for a reason! But when I looked into that, a lot of places seemed shady.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2023, 10:56 PM   #1765
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis's Hairpiece View Post
Here's a dumb question. Is it legal to purchase seeds online? I'm interested in trying to grow, but don't know how legal it is to order seeds from the Netherlands, for instance. Or even supplier's in Canada. I've heard from people the they are "pretty sure" it's legal, but no amount of searching can find me anything concrete one way or another. Thoughts? Pointers?
I'm pretty sure if you order from a Canadian company to a Canadian address it's ok. I wouldn't order from the Netherlands. I think there are some gaps, but overall the concept is not to penalize those who do things for personal use. Sliver can probably grow his own, gift a little bit, but the moment he extracts or sells without a license he's in trouble.

I ran down a rabbit hole and read something similar for mescaline. Peyote and San Pedro seeds and cacti can be sold in Canada for ornamental use. But the moment you attempt to extract the chemicals for personal use and or sell, you can get in a lot of trouble.

As a rule of thumb, you can likely, acquire it, grow it and destroy it. But not process and sell it. When in doubt, check for a club to see how to do it legally.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: