Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #21
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
It's strange they were originally looking around bragg creek and ended up quite a long way from there.
There's a road that dipsy doodles from Elbow Falls all the way up to the 40, but it's closed in winter. I suppose with that nice blast of warm weather last month, it could have been passable. I think it usually opens around the end of April, so it wouldn't have been far off.

The police originally said for people in the Bragg Creek and Priddis areas to check their properties. Basically they had the idea that he went straight down 22x, which leads Elbow Falls (and beyond, if your vehicle is capable).

If he did use the TC to get to the 40, then the police talking about the 22x area may have been a bit of a ruse, perhaps why the suspect felt confident enough to talk to the media.

Quote:
That guy definitely looked 100% guilty.
The couple of interviews I saw were on camera, and they gave me a pretty bad feeling. So shifty, lighting a cigarette during the interview, saying things like "who says they're dead" and "they're only missing right now" just came off as really strange. I suppose that could be construed as concern rather than guilt, but when the father is immediately considered not to be a suspect, and this guy actually gets arrested and his house searched for nearly a week, and then he goes on camera saying "they're only missing", I was pretty much thinking the same as you.

I'll let the court decide who is guilty, but whoever it is better get ready for some tough sledding in prison. You don't kill a two year old kid and then survive in general population.

My thoughts are with the family. The father. I just can't imagine.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #22
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
There's a road that dipsy doodles from Elbow Falls all the way up to the 40, but it's closed in winter. I suppose with that nice blast of warm weather last month, it could have been passable. I think it usually opens around the end of April, so it wouldn't have been far off.

The police originally said for people in the Bragg Creek and Priddis areas to check their properties. Basically they had the idea that he went straight down 22x, which leads Elbow Falls (and beyond, if your vehicle is capable).

If he did use the TC to get to the 40, then the police talking about the 22x area may have been a bit of a ruse, perhaps why the suspect felt confident enough to talk to the media.

The couple of interviews I saw were on camera, and they gave me a pretty bad feeling. So shifty, lighting a cigarette during the interview, saying things like "who says they're dead" and "they're only missing right now" just came off as really strange. I suppose that could be construed as concern rather than guilt, but when the father is immediately considered not to be a suspect, and this guy actually gets arrested and his house searched for nearly a week, and then he goes on camera saying "they're only missing", I was pretty much thinking the same as you.

I'll let the court decide who is guilty, but whoever it is better get ready for some tough sledding in prison. You don't kill a two year old kid and then survive in general population.

My thoughts are with the family. The father. I just can't imagine.
That is Powderface Trail, and it doesn't open until May 14th, and is a locked gate.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #23
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That road opens May 15th past Elbow falls.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #24
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, he could have gone down 22x, ran into the closed road and turned around to head to the TC. Imagine there was some credible tip or video evidence of him going that way and then back, so not unheard of they could have assume he dumped when he went that way the first time.
Ducay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #25
JJolg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sounded to me as the bragg creek area was more evidence being burned, they obviously had a lead or found something to be in the grizzly creek area at 4am which is interesting
JJolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #26
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
That is Powderface Trail, and it doesn't open until May 14th, and is a locked gate.
Is the locked gate new? Last I saw it was a simple traffic barricade that you could move out of the way and drive past.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #27
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the bridge by Forgetmenot was washed out.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #28
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Honestly, he could have gone down 22x, ran into the closed road and turned around to head to the TC. Imagine there was some credible tip or video evidence of him going that way and then back, so not unheard of they could have assume he dumped when he went that way the first time.
Pretty likely, IMO.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #29
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is the locked gate new? Last I saw it was a simple traffic barricade that you could move out of the way and drive past.

It's actually closed at Elbow Falls until May 15. Powderface trail where the pavement ends is open but not well maintained. You just can't get there until the 15th.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #30
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
And that is precisely where they were found it looks like.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1125512978562863104
Old 05-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #31
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
It has been a winter closure for as long as I can remember, here is the google street view:

Link
Old 05-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #32
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
And that is precisely where they were found it looks like.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1125512978562863104
No, that is the Highway 40 winter closure, a long way from Hwy 66/Powderface/Hwy 68 closure, which is what was originally being discussed. (The west end of 22x)
The Following User Says Thank You to Flacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #33
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's close to the gas station on Highway 40 by the Fortress turn off. Between there and the winter closure gate.

I wonder if dogs dragged them from bragg creek through the mountains to that location.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #34
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Grizzly Creek Day Use area is right in the middle of this map:

https://www.albertaparks.ca/media/51...kc-wmu-map.pdf
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #35
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
No, that is the Highway 40 winter closure, a long way from Hwy 66/Powderface/Hwy 68 closure, which is what was originally being discussed. (The west end of 22x)
Right...my mistake.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #36
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
That's close to the gas station on Highway 40 by the Fortress turn off. Between there and the winter closure gate.

I wonder if dogs dragged them from bragg creek through the mountains to that location.
Cell phone pings from what i understood...but are there towers around that area?
Old 05-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #37
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Calgary Sun Retweeted

Ryan C. Rumbolt
@RCRumbolt
@CalgaryPolice
say family believed to have been killed between Apt. 16-17th. Bodies transported to Grizzly Creek rec area days later. Police still want to hear from anyone who saw any big suspicious in the area between the 17-21st
Old 05-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #38
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Cell phone pings from what i understood...but are there towers around that area?
Last towers look to be Kananaskis Village according to https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #39
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's strange they were originally looking around bragg creek and ended up quite a long way from there.

That guy definitely looked 100% guilty. But also shame on those reporters for their initial hidden camera interviews. Hopefully they didnt muck up a fair trial.
You can get from Bragg Creek to there in about an hour.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #40
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting choice of words from the police in the initial release....
"The investigation led officers to a heavily wooded area near Grizzly Creek located off Highway 40."

Doesn't appear to be heavily wooded where that yellow thing is..unless the scene is further in the woods.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote