Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #1941
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The latest trend of radio commercials of pretending to have talk shows with people calling in to talk about their priduct.

Telus, rogers, and autovalue being the first I think of
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #1942
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not a fan of the Toyota Highlander (I think that's the model) commercial with the park ranger asking the family all of the questions. The ranger is just super annoying, "is the engine powerful? (Yes) Do you think I'm powerful?" Annoys the crap out of me...
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #1943
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Can somebody please explain the Kia commercial where the hamsters get in shape? All I can think of is the slam on car saying the engine is so gutless, it's like it's powered by a hamster running on a wheel to power the car.

They can't possibly think that having a hamster in good shape powering the car would be a "good" thing.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #1944
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
Not a fan of the Toyota Highlander (I think that's the model) commercial with the park ranger asking the family all of the questions. The ranger is just super annoying, "is the engine powerful? (Yes) Do you think I'm powerful?" Annoys the crap out of me...
I actually really like this commercial, even after seeing it over a dozen times. I guess it's my type of humor. When the guy responds to the "Do you think I'm powerful?" question with "Possibly", his voice has the best mix of confusion and fear in it. Both the ranger and the driver play their parts perfectly. One of the few commercials I'm glad they didn't shorten for a 15 second spot.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #1945
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Can somebody please explain the Kia commercial where the hamsters get in shape? All I can think of is the slam on car saying the engine is so gutless, it's like it's powered by a hamster running on a wheel to power the car.

They can't possibly think that having a hamster in good shape powering the car would be a "good" thing.
The commercial is awful and annoying, but I think the hamsters are a representation of the Kia designers, and the old adage of hamsters running on a wheel as a way of showing the human mind at work. Although I have no idea what's happening in the rest of the commercial.

The Sherwood Park Toyota commercials are absolutely brutal, the one with a car salesman sitting on a stool while the cameraman asks him questions. Nothing about that commercial would make me want to go to them in wanting to purchase a car.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #1946
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I think 960 is scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Almost every single break it is either that loser from an Okotoks car dealership or the chick from Mugshots talking about how great it is to advertise on their station.

Annoying ads about advertising.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #1947
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post

Kia has been using the hamsters to advertise the Soul for years (I think since its debut).

The original ad compared other cars to hamsters running on their wheels:

Over the years, the hamsters started wearing clothes and dancing to whatever song was hot at the time and now they don't even live in the all-hamster world any more.

The 2014 Soul was re-designed, so they had the Hamsters "transform" themselves too.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #1948
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure if it's on TV or just a streaming commercial, but the KFC commercial where the mother is talking about how the KFC dinner that she's currently feeding her family is an improvement over the toast, cereal, and rice-cake dinners that she often feeds them. Someone put those kids in a foster home, they'll be better off than with these negligent parents!
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #1949
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I were Danny, I would definitely bang Debbie Travis, there's something wrong with that Danny kid.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #1950
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
If I were Danny, I would definitely bang Debbie Travis, there's something wrong with that Danny kid.
Well when he was hanging out with Les Stroud he was talking about how he needed weenies to survive.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #1951
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
Well when he was hanging out with Les Stroud he was talking about how he needed weenies to survive.
And when he was on the bus he hit on the underage girls then sat next to a toddler.

Boy ain't right.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #1952
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Honda commercial where the guy is all cocky driving home because he has a new car. It's a god damn Honda FFS!
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #1953
jofillips
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

i think it's head and shoulders commercials that are getting to me now - Sophie Vergala (sp?) doing her phony Latino-Wookie impression.....
jofillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #1954
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Yeah, I feel like she loses some credibility when she is the spokeswoman for at least three different products at the same time.

The one I hate is the Tim Horton's ad for their crispy chicken sandwich where you can hear everyone eat because the chicken is so crispy. Hearing someone eating is probably the least enticing thing you could have in a food commercial.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #1955
Osker
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
Seconded. If it wasn't the same annoying one liner for what, 5 or 6 goes, it might've been tolerable. Nope.
Osker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #1956
jofillips
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

and that sandwich just...looks....awful.
jofillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #1957
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Bud Light Life commercial makes me want to smash things.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #1958
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
The Bud Light Life commercial makes me want to smash things.

which one?

and on a similar note, maybe it is the same one as I can't even remember which kind of beer it is. But the one where a bunch of yuppies hike up a mountain and 2 guys carry a full cooler of beer and ice with them.

wtf is with beer commercials these day where we have to suspend our belief for them. carrying full coolers up mountains, taking a beer fridge across the world to take to a beach hut.

I think I prefer a simple commercial full of scantily dressed hot women, and beer to these mini epics these days.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #1959
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
which one?

and on a similar note, maybe it is the same one as I can't even remember which kind of beer it is. But the one where a bunch of yuppies hike up a mountain and 2 guys carry a full cooler of beer and ice with them.

wtf is with beer commercials these day where we have to suspend our belief for them. carrying full coolers up mountains, taking a beer fridge across the world to take to a beach hut.

I think I prefer a simple commercial full of scantily dressed hot women, and beer to these mini epics these days.
The girls' night out one. Where she talks super fast and it's all crappy text talk. So awful.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #1960
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
The girls' night out one. Where she talks super fast and it's all crappy text talk. So awful.
Yep. Girls, drinking beer. Lol.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks