Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #561
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Johnny is a nice piece to have but he's not going to be the person that can match up against a Kesler or toews..
He's not a centre. That's why we have centres.

Quote:
Johnny is a nice piece to have but he's not going to be the person that can match up against a Kesler or toews.. He does have value maybe we should look at trading him for some value while he still has it.
Lunacy. Take a deep breath. He's still a top line player and trading him would just create another gaping hole in the lineup.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #562
IntenseFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Is this the same type of reality in which you're good at insults?
Irony level +11.
IntenseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #563
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Trading for Iginla should've happened. He would be much better than Chiasson and Brouwer. He would rough it up and play so hard. He would make it tougher for the refs to completely screw us.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 AM   #564
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Its not hyperbole.
Just about everything you post is.

You come here to spout negativity to seek attention.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #565
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just like in a game that you're down 3-0 in, you need to make a goalie switch to attempt to spark the team.

While I think Elliott could probably rebound, I think they just need an entirely fresh new person in that net to try to build team confidence again.

Can Johnson recapture his earlier form for a few games?...not sure.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #566
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was seriously impressed with the Flames discipline. Seemed to lay off in the first and second and were getting powerplays as a result. Then the refs "changed the standard" by putting the whistles away in the late second and third. Anaheim got away with murder and that plus the contested goal gave them the edge to come back.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #567
Uncarved
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The only flames game I have been to in 4 years and I think my marriage is over. Don't know sucks I paid so much to ruin it.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams
Uncarved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #568
Barca
Scoring Winger

Exp:

this series is preety much over if you choke a 4-1 lead and the opposition didn't get a single pp....
Barca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #569
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Johnny is a nice piece to have but he's not going to be the person that can match up against a Kesler or toews.. He does have value maybe we should look at trading him for some value while he still has it.
Everyone has their opinion, but thinking that Gaudreau is going to start losing value is absolutely crazy to me. Kid is 24 years old and has already been top 10 in the league in scoring one year.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #570
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default WCQF Game 3: Ducks 5 - Flames 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Look it up. It is derived from ####hold that the alt right coined for men they think are weak or "pussies"

Internet tough guy. Sober up.

If you can't even spell ####old properly I have little faith in your knowledge of word origin history. "####" was not created by the alt right. Lol.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #571
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nvm

Last edited by Wolfman; 04-18-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #572
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
Trading for Iginla should've happened. He would be much better than Chiasson and Brouwer. He would rough it up and play so hard. He would make it tougher for the refs to completely screw us.
Lolololololololol
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #573
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
He's not a centre. That's why we have centres.

Lunacy. Take a deep breath. He's still a top line player and trading him would just create another gaping hole in the lineup.
Would it?

Everyone seems to believe he can be our best player. If we could swap him with a pick or prospect, we'd just be swapping our best player for hopefully, a better best player?

There's no easy solution to this "our best player isn't good enough" problem while drafting outside of the top 5
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #574
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseFan View Post
Swimg and a goddamn miss, word-thinker. I suggest you be very careful who you start insinuating is a Nazi.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #575
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just want to remind everyone that the elite powerhouse Cup favorite Chicago is also down 3-0 in their series. The playoffs are weird sometimes, and bad things happen to good teams.

Yes, this has been an absolute horror show of a series for a variety of reasons (terrible luck, undisciplined play, getting jobbed by the officials on 2 huge calls, shoddy goaltending in tonight's game), But in terms of overall play, the Flames have hung in there with Anahiem and have looked downright dominant at times over the course of these three games. The difference is the Ducks are a veteran team with loads of experience, and they know exactly how to seize an opportunity when a crack in their opposition's armor starts to show. Flames on the other hand are still a young group, and they're learning some very hard lessons right now about the importance of maintaining composure and not getting rattled when things don't go your way. It sucks to lose when you're playing so well, but these things happen with young teams.

I still have faith that these guys can get over that hurdle sooner than later, hopefully starting right off the bat next season. We've got a pretty damn good playoff-caliber team here, and I honestly think we're only a couple pieces away from being an actual contender (some consistent goaltending would help as well). Anyway, I'm probably rambling a bit now, but I've had a few beers and I just felt like posting something positive.

See y'all for game 4.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #576
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Corey Perry sure is an a##hole.
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #577
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Unless you traded him for another top line player.

I don't think anyone thinks we should do a Phaneuf style grab bag trade... and I don't think anyone would deny his talent, but he's looking more like a poor man's Kent Nilsson than an heir apparent to #12.
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #578
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseFan View Post
Irony level +11.
Your idea of an insult is to be blindly confrontational. No offense, but that's a bad strategy.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #579
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
There's no easy solution to this "our best player isn't good enough" problem while drafting oitsode of the top 5
It could even be a boat.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:33 AM   #580
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiggy77 View Post
At 4-4 I could see it happening, except with how late it was in the game. Throwing in a cold goalie is really risky, especially with Johnson being so bad in his last few starts.

But at 4-4, if a change happened, I'd call it a toss up at that point and it could really go either way. I just wouldn't have had more confidence putting Johnson in over leaving Elliott in at that point. Not sure anyone would have.
I really can't agree. I mean, just look at where the 4th goal comes from. Sure, Perry skates across his sightline, but if the puck changes direction it's unnoticable even in the replay, so really shouldn't matter. This is as easy as it gets in the NHL.

To make it worse, after the goal Elliott is shouting goalie interference for some reason when it clearly wasn't even close. He's just so clearly losing it.

Itse is offline   Reply With Quote