Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #601
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
On the listing I only had shipping available Canada and the US, for flat rates. I must be stupid, because I can’t see where I can remove the $25 shipping charge and add the quoted shipping cost.

We have agreed that buyer would pay for shipping, and I’ve sent similar items to Japan on several occasions so I have no concerns there.
You can send the buyer an invoice with an updated shipping cost. It might not show up as an option on the app but if you go to eBay's website there should be an option to "send invoice".
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #602
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought you had to specify shipping costs in the auction listing itself? Who in their right mind would buy something on eBay without knowing the shipping cost? That's placing a heck of a lot of trust in not getting ripped off....
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #603
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got rid of a TV in 10 minutes. It was free, the ad said its outside the front door and that I wouldn't hold it and didnt want to respond to messages, first come first serve.

Not a single message, just one nice dude who's TV was on the fritz said he grabbed it so I could take the ad down.

Bravo!
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 10:43 PM   #604
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
90% of complaints about kijiji I see is because people can't ignore idiots.

Set your price and your delivery terms (pick up/dropoff) and ignore anyone who doesn't meet it. If it doesn't sell put in a new price.
I had a guy named Jonah going off on me because I didn't accept half of what my item was listed at and told him I already had better offers. We ended up in a conversation about living in a whale and how happy I was that he got out.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #605
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
People from Airdrie and Chestermere shouldn't be allowed to post items on Kijiji.
Depends where you live...if you are in North Calgary its way faster and easier to drive to Airdrie then through the city to the south
Old 03-09-2021, 11:29 PM   #606
iggypop
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Just got rid of a TV in 10 minutes. It was free, the ad said its outside the front door and that I wouldn't hold it and didnt want to respond to messages, first come first serve.

Not a single message, just one nice dude who's TV was on the fritz said he grabbed it so I could take the ad down.

Bravo!
I’ve been doing the front patio thing for a number of items, both free and for cash and it’s been great. If someone likes the item they just toss cash in the mailbox and send me a message. So painless.
iggypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #607
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggypop View Post
I’ve been doing the front patio thing for a number of items, both free and for cash and it’s been great. If someone likes the item they just toss cash in the mailbox and send me a message. So painless.
Ditto.

I dont even have a doorbell camera and have made it up to $100 value and no one has ripped me off yet.

Faith in humanity is restored.

On another note, Kijiji is dying, or dead as of the last year or two. I get multiple offers/inquiries on FB, and not even one peep on Kijiji on the same item.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #608
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Which is weird with the number of younger people that have stopped using facebook.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:14 AM   #609
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I LOVE selling personal stuff on Kijiji. In my business, I have to be nice, to people displaying some of the most despicable behavior at times. On Kijiji, all bets are off. I get it ALL out of my system on rude a-holes.

I was selling a really cool tent that looked like an old VW bus a few months back, and it was 1:1 scale. My phone LIT up. These are impossible to find now, and I had a BNIB one. Actual conversation....11:30 PM. I've cleaned up some language/spelling on both sides, but I'll transcribe it off my phone.

Kijiji idiot: "Is the tent still available?"

Pylon: "Yes."

KI: "I'm in Rocky Mountain House."

P: "Ok. That's nice."

KI: "I'll take it if you can deliver it tonight."

P: "I'm in Cochrane, it's 11:30, I'm not driving 3 hours round trip to sell a $300 tent. On Tuesday night/Monday morning. Sorry."

KI: "What's your lowest price?"

P: "$300, but that doesn't really matter. I'm not delivering it to Rocky, and I've had about 20 inquiries on it the last hour, and 2 people wanting to come get it this weekend if it's still available."

KI: "I'll give you $100."

P:"Are you ok man?"

KI: "I'll give you $100, and my friend can pick it up tomorrow."

P: "Did you bump your head? I just told you I have a couple people willing to get it this weekend at the asking price. I'll wait a couple days to get my asking price. Thanks anyway."

KI: "It's all about money, a-holes like you just care about money. You are what's wrong with the world. It's been that way since Europeans colonized North America. You're greedy scum."

P: "So you are saying.... I should sell you my tent, for 1/3 of the price, burn $40 in gas to deliver it to you 150 kms away, on a Tuesday night, because you're an Indigenous person."

KI: "What makes you think I'm a Native. You are greedy scum though."

P: "OK, you are probably too mentally deficient to grasp what I am about to say, but I feel I need to say it. I work in sales for a living and have for 25+ years. I have also been selling on Kijiji, Ebay, FB... you name it, since the very inception of all 3. Without a doubt, this has, and you have, been the most moronic, ignorant, mentally deficient human being, I have come across in all my travels, and I have dealt with some of the most bottom of the barrel people in existence. You sir, are the worst of the worst."

P: "The Hoarder that traded in a car stacked to the roof with coffee cups, garbage, and had dead mice in his car.... you are worse. At least he made a reasonable offer."

P: "The guy that offered to have his GF give me a BJ because he was $500 short to buy a sportbike I was selling.... you're worse. If I was single at the time, I might have taken him up on it, she was pretty attractive..."

KI: "Shut up scum....greedy scum."

P:"The lady that clipped my neighbors car after picking up a BBQ.... worse, at least that was an accident, she was actually kinda nice and didn't avoid it....let's leave her off the list."

P: "Oh, oh, I got one, it's close, but I still think you are worse. Guy that came to buy a TV from me, him and his buddy drop the TV in the stairwell of my building and leave the busted TV laying there, and drive away.... at least I got my $50.... you are an entitled asshat, he was just a litterer."

KI: "Stop..."

P: "I'm done now, in conclusion GFY."
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #610
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have no problems with Kijiji. It has a great feature built in, "ignore".

That's what I do with offers I am not interested in.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #611
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I LOVE selling personal stuff on Kijiji. In my business, I have to be nice, to people displaying some of the most despicable behavior at times. On Kijiji, all bets are off. I get it ALL out of my system on rude a-holes.

I was selling a really cool tent that looked like an old VW bus a few months back, and it was 1:1 scale. My phone LIT up. These are impossible to find now, and I had a BNIB one. Actual conversation....11:30 PM. I've cleaned up some language/spelling on both sides, but I'll transcribe it off my phone.

Kijiji idiot: "Is the tent still available?"

Pylon: "Yes."

KI: "I'm in Rocky Mountain House."

P: "Ok. That's nice."

KI: "I'll take it if you can deliver it tonight."

P: "I'm in Cochrane, it's 11:30, I'm not driving 3 hours round trip to sell a $300 tent. On Tuesday night/Monday morning. Sorry."

KI: "What's your lowest price?"

P: "$300, but that doesn't really matter. I'm not delivering it to Rocky, and I've had about 20 inquiries on it the last hour, and 2 people wanting to come get it this weekend if it's still available."

KI: "I'll give you $100."

P:"Are you ok man?"

KI: "I'll give you $100, and my friend can pick it up tomorrow."

P: "Did you bump your head? I just told you I have a couple people willing to get it this weekend at the asking price. I'll wait a couple days to get my asking price. Thanks anyway."

KI: "It's all about money, a-holes like you just care about money. You are what's wrong with the world. It's been that way since Europeans colonized North America. You're greedy scum."

P: "So you are saying.... I should sell you my tent, for 1/3 of the price, burn $40 in gas to deliver it to you 150 kms away, on a Tuesday night, because you're an Indigenous person."

KI: "What makes you think I'm a Native. You are greedy scum though."

P: "OK, you are probably too mentally deficient to grasp what I am about to say, but I feel I need to say it. I work in sales for a living and have for 25+ years. I have also been selling on Kijiji, Ebay, FB... you name it, since the very inception of all 3. Without a doubt, this has, and you have, been the most moronic, ignorant, mentally deficient human being, I have come across in all my travels, and I have dealt with some of the most bottom of the barrel people in existence. You sir, are the worst of the worst."

P: "The Hoarder that traded in a car stacked to the roof with coffee cups, garbage, and had dead mice in his car.... you are worse. At least he made a reasonable offer."

P: "The guy that offered to have his GF give me a BJ because he was $500 short to buy a sportbike I was selling.... you're worse. If I was single at the time, I might have taken him up on it, she was pretty attractive..."

KI: "Shut up scum....greedy scum."

P:"The lady that clipped my neighbors car after picking up a BBQ.... worse, at least that was an accident, she was actually kinda nice and didn't avoid it....let's leave her off the list."

P: "Oh, oh, I got one, it's close, but I still think you are worse. Guy that came to buy a TV from me, him and his buddy drop the TV in the stairwell of my building and leave the busted TV laying there, and drive away.... at least I got my $50.... you are an entitled asshat, he was just a litterer."

KI: "Stop..."

P: "I'm done now, in conclusion GFY."
Both parties come off very poorly in that exchange.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2021, 10:57 AM   #612
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would have been out and he would have been blocked after the lowball. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #613
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Both parties come off very poorly in that exchange.
You can't be serious?

You think it was reasonable to request someone drive a tent to Rocky Mountain House in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning for 1/3 of asking price?

Tell me you're not serious.

edit: And then pull some sort of race card or whatever that was to try and get a better price. I'm sorry, was this you? I was direct with the guy until the $100 part. After "greedy scum" all bets are off.

Last edited by pylon; 03-11-2021 at 11:08 AM.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #614
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can't be serious?

You think it was reasonable to request someone drive a tent to Rocky Mountain House in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning for 1/3 of asking price?

I think it's the part where you assume someone's race by that small interaction. Then play the "I know a thing or 2 about selling stuff" card.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Ice
Old 03-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #615
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can't be serious?

He's serious, and he's right. Why would anyone bother to continue that conversation, let alone bring up their job and sales history to one of the apparently 20 people that messaged them about the item when it was clear they were just a kijiji lowballer? Normally one would just stop responding. I hope that story is made up.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Ice
Old 03-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #616
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always enjoy responding to “what is your best price, I’ll pay cash” with the asking price.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #617
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
You can't be serious?

No, that was completely unreasonable. But I said both sides came off very poorly in the exchange. Nothing to do with who's right and wrong, just the extreme, pissy words being escalated by both parties.

The fact that you recognize that you couldn't get away with that at work but "get to" do it on kijiji tells me that you understand what you're doing.

Last edited by jayswin; 03-11-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #618
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
You can't be serious?

edit: And then pull some sort of race card or whatever that was to try and get a better price. I'm sorry, was this you? I was direct with the guy until the $100 part. After "greedy scum" all bets are off.
Not indigenous and don't live in Rocky mountain house.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:22 AM   #619
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Sometimes ripping into faceless nameless losers can be therapeutic. Not everybody deserves top notch customer service and pleasantries. If you can pull that off daily, good for you. Couldn’t have been a less harmless exchange.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 11:48 AM   #620
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I think it's the part where you assume someone's race by that small interaction. Then play the "I know a thing or 2 about selling stuff" card.
Meh, I laughed. Thanks for the story Pylon.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post: