Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #21
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a rare breed of actor that isn't in the movie business for just the money. That's why its easy to have respect for guys like Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo Di Caprio, maybe you could say Bill Murray these days and Keanu Reeves from earlier days.

That said, no idea what the hell is wrong with Bruce Willis. Sometimes a-holes are just a-holes for no reason.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #22
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
After listening to that clip, I'm pretty sure I'd be a d**k to Kevin Smith if I had to spend more than 5 minutes in his presence. Dude loves the sound of his own voice - could he have said 'make pretend' a few more times?
I have an affection for the guy after listening to some of his Fat Man on Batman podcasts (specifically anything related to The Animated Series). If you have a few hours to burn in particular I'd listen to the Mark Hamill episodes, as he's just a real interesting dude (one of the first real fanboys). A treat to spend a couple hours listening too.

http://smodcast.com/channels/fatman-on-batman/page/6/
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #23
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was listening to this weeks How Did This Get Made Podcast? in which they were talking about the abomination that was Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles. Basically you got to hear about how Paul Hogan is a major dick and tried to steal credit for writing the movie, much like how a high school student would plagiarize a paper off the internet.

Quote:
No one’s pretending that 2001's Crocodile Dundee In Los Angeles – the Razzie-nominated, 11% Rotten Tomates-rated threequel that came out 14 years after Crocodile Dundee 2 - is a good movie. And, given his very ugly and very public divorce in 1986, and his (alleged) very ugly and very public tax evasion in 2008, there’s a pretty good chance that Paul Hogan might not be the best bloke going around. But former screenwriter now ESPN fantasy football analyst (yep) Matthew Berry has given an inside glimpse into just how not-the-best Hoges really is.

Berry, who wrote Crocodile Dundee In Los Angeles with his writing partner Eric Abrams, appeared on the How Did This Get Made? podcast, in which comedians Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas and June Diane Raphael dissect so-bad-it’s-good movies.

Berry and Abrams, at the time writing sitcoms, were called in to pitch ideas for Mick Dundee’s return to the silver screen to Hogan. Their idea of a family-friendly alternative to the sexual gross-out comedies that were big at the time won over Hogan, and they were booked for the job. Not really wanting to spend “three months in front of a computer with Paul” (and who would?), they instead wrote the script themselves, and submitted it to Hogan for his edits.

Berry describes Hogan’s edits as like “a college kid changing his term paper from Wikipedia” – character names, locations and other minor details were altered, while gags and punchlines were watered down. “Everything was like a worse version of what we had”.

Once the movie was in production, things with Hogan threw the writers on the barbie, with the actor/producer attempting to remove Berry and Abrams’ names from the script and giving himself the sole writers’ credit, claiming his edits represented the original product. Berry and Abrams were paid for their work writing the film, but in order to receive residuals (ie. Their share of the profits the movie would go on to make), they needed the writing credit that Hogan was trying to withhold.

The decision wound up being in the hands of the Writer’s Guild of America, who compared Berry’s draft to Hogan’s draft, and decided pretty quickly that Hogan’s claim was a croc of ####, and ruled in Berry’s favour. Hogan appealed the decision, and when he lost that, he went on to threaten to sue the Writer’s Guild, publicly trashing Berry and Abrams along the way. Hilariously, in fighting for their credits on the film, Berry and Abrams found themselves “in this really public battle about this movie that we’re not real proud of… It’s this horrible awkward thing where we have to very publicly say ‘No, we’re the writers of this horrible, ####ty movie’ ”.

In the end though, Berry and Abrams did get full writing credit, all the residuals they were entitled to (Berry is open about the job being completely and utterly about the money), and tickets to the premiere, where they were put in the last row in the back corner, making them the envy of everyone else in the theatre. The best part though? Hogan is contractually obliged to offer Berry and Abrams the first shot at writing the next movie. That means that Hogan’s ego might be the only thing standing between us and Crocodile Dundee 4: Croc In Space.
http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/entert...677c27fb52.htm

Then to top things off he also is a tax evader, and an adulterer. Makes you wonder how he became incredibly wealthy by all accounts when he's barely made anything outside the Dundee movies.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #24
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just going to bump this with some Jurassic World casting rumors.

Sounds like they are going after Josh Brolin to be the lead now that he didn't get the Batman role.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56321173/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

Also another rumor is that Idris Elba and David Oyelowo might be joining as well.

http://www.jurassicworld-movie.com/news/1221

If they don't plan on bringing any of the old cast back, that's actually a pretty decent lineup along with Bryce Dallas Howard and Ty Simkpins (the kid from Iron Man and Insidious) on board.

It's just a shame that like in every Jurassic Park this means there will be a kid who will survive, and that Elba and Oyelowo are almost certainly going to perish in the movie.

I am looking forward to it though, as this series can only get better after the last two craptacular entries.
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #25
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Always wanted a reason to start a thread regarding various movie news, and this one is pretty juicy.

Now I am sure everyone by now has heard how much of a dick Bruce Willis is (most notably from Kevin Smith). Well today's tweet by Sylvester Stallone on the set of Expendables 3 sort of proves that.

That tweet is in regards to Willis leaving Expendables 3 and being replaced by Harrison Ford. Now if anyone saw Expendables 2 they shouldn't be surprised, as Willis barely did anything during the film (even refusing to say his own catchphrases). It's no wonder Willis has made so many straight to DVD movies recently, as obviously some people in Hollywood are shunning him.

Willis has actually been extremely successful lately.

He was nominated for all sorts of awards for his role in Moonrise Kingdom. Looper was pretty slick. You might not have liked Red 2, but it grossed $130 mil. The latest Die Hard grossed over 300 mil. He also played a lead role in the latest GI Joe, which grossed over 370 mil.

These are big numbers. The guy is not being shuned by hollywood. If anything, he is beign thrust forward as a major star.

Of those movies he's made, Moonrise Kingdom, Looper, and the new upcomming Sin City are all movies I really enjoyed or plan on seeing.

Edit: sorry missed the dates....stil think Willis is doing some great stuff lately.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beetlejuice sequel?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/2...el-tim-burton/

Quote:
Tim Burton loved making Beetlejuice. The 1988 ghoulish comedy, starring Winona Ryder, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, and Michael Keaton as the ghost with the most, was his first big hit and the movie that established the director’s reputation as an eccentric master of the fun-house macabre that would soon blossom in Batman and Edward Scissorhands. In recent years, while promoting films like Dark Shadows and Frankenweenie, Burton often fielded questions about making a sequel, and he’s consistently expressed enthusiasm for the idea and revealed that he even tasked screenwriters Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg to come up with some new Beetlejuice ideas.

Now Warner Bros. is officially inviting Burton to direct the long-awaited follow-up, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Though Warner Bros. and Burton did not respond to requests for comment, sources have confirmed that discussions are happening.
Quote:
Secondly, Grahame-Smith and Katzenberg were intent on making their script a true Beetlejuice sequel centered on Michael Keaton’s character with Keaton. “The star of the movie has to be Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, and it’s a true continuation 26 years later,” Grahame-Smith told EW in 2011. “Not just throwing him in as a cameo going, ‘Hey, it’s me. I endorse this movie.’”

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh.. Let me guess, it will actually be a prequel and it will be a back story about Beetlejuice before he became a jerk, and it will star Johnny Depp as young Beetlejuice and Helena Bonham Carter as his wife.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #28
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...-without-will-

Quote:
there will be two sequels to Independence Day that will be entitled ID4 Forever Parts One and Two. We also just learned that the creators of ID4, Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin, will have two sets of scripts. One version of the script has Will Smith’s character, Captain Steven Hiller, and another version doesn’t.

It’s still up in the air whether Will Smith will return to one of the biggest movies of his career, although after the disaster of After Earth we’d like to recommend he give it some thought. He also reportedly wants a ton of money if he comes back. So Devlin and Emmerich are clearly covering the bases on this one. (There’s speculation that Michael B. Jordan could be in line to replace Smith if he Big Willie doesn’t come onboard.)

Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...CDcrSjkqPBm.99
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #29
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Ugh.. Let me guess, it will actually be a prequel and it will be a back story about Beetlejuice before he became a jerk, and it will star Johnny Depp as young Beetlejuice and Helena Bonham Carter as his wife.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #30
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dunno where else to put this, but test results say Brittany Murphy (and her husband) died as a result of poisoning (not from natural causes). Pretty crazy if true. I wonder if too much time has passed by to seriously investigate the potential murders.

http://www.thewrap.com/brittany-murp...ab-report-says

Quote:
A new laboratory report lends credence to what actress Brittany Murphy’s father has long suspected: that she and her husband died not of natural causes, but of poisoning by someone out to kill them. “It’s a bona fide report,” the lab’s general manager, Denny Seilheimer, told TheWrap. “It was our client’s prerogative to release the report. That’s all I can tell you.” Murphy’s father, Angelo Bertolotti, didn’t accept the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office conclusion that the “Clueless” star and husband Simon Monjack
Such a shame as well, as I always thought she had great career potential.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #31
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

#### you Hollywood

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ed...ve-1200950237/
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Sweet! I hope OJ is available. He made those films.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #33
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dunno where else to put this, but test results say Brittany Murphy (and her husband) died as a result of poisoning (not from natural causes). Pretty crazy if true. I wonder if too much time has passed by to seriously investigate the potential murders.

http://www.thewrap.com/brittany-murp...ab-report-says

Such a shame as well, as I always thought she had great career potential.
Interesting. Did the husband die at the same time? I don't remember hearing about that.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #34
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why! No one can top Patrick Swayze!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/gera...n-point-break/

Quote:
Gerard Butler is chasing the big waves again. The star of Chasing Mavericks has been set to play the Zen adrenaline-junkie bank robber role originated by Patrick Swayze in Point Break, the remake of the 1991 Kathryn Bigelow film that also starred Keanu Reeves. Ericson Core is directing the remake for Alcon Entertainment‘s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Kurt Wimmer wrote the script.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #35
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://youtu.be/Vsas7JI4quw
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #36
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Just going to bump this with some Jurassic World casting rumors.

Sounds like they are going after Josh Brolin to be the lead now that he didn't get the Batman role.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56321173/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

Also another rumor is that Idris Elba and David Oyelowo might be joining as well.

http://www.jurassicworld-movie.com/news/1221

If they don't plan on bringing any of the old cast back, that's actually a pretty decent lineup along with Bryce Dallas Howard and Ty Simkpins (the kid from Iron Man and Insidious) on board.

It's just a shame that like in every Jurassic Park this means there will be a kid who will survive, and that Elba and Oyelowo are almost certainly going to perish in the movie.

I am looking forward to it though, as this series can only get better after the last two craptacular entries.

Yup, poor Idris Elba.

More than Star Wars, more than Avengers 2 (the first was somewhat generic garbage if you weren't a fanboy), Jurassic World is actually what I look forward to most next year. I think that cast will work quite well if the rumours are true. Fingers crossed for one or two original cast cameos.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote