Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #41
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

AMAZING Shrimp and Avocado Salad!! ((SHARE to keep on your timeline)) Ingredients (Cilantro Dressing/Marinade): 3 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped 1/8 tsp fresh cracked Pepper, to taste pinch Salt, to taste Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Ingredients (Salad): Cilantro dressing 1 lb cooked shrimp, deveined and tail removed 2 ripe avocados 4 cups lettuce or baby greens Directions: 1. Pour cilantro dressing/marinade over shrimp (make sure any excess water is poured off if you are using thawed frozen shrimp). Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (2 or 3 is better). 2. Wash and dry lettuce (use a Salad Spinner, paper towel, clean tea towel or just let it sit in a colander). Divide among plates. 3. Cut avocado into bite-size wedges. Sprinkle over lettuce. 4. Top with marinated shrimp and leftover dressing. Enjoy!

Not my writing obviously i copy and pasted it off of Facebook gonna try it when my avocados are riper
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Add raw spinach or baby spinach to your morning smoothy. You wont taste the spinach, seriously.

Caution about the colour though. You may n ot want to use a clear glass the first few times.

Can you suggest a good/healthy smoothie recipe that you are happy with?

do you have any that use protein powder, as i'd love to replace my postworkout protein shakes with a protein smoothy in the mornings.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #43
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Ive been on the smoothie train for about a year now and it did take a lot of trial and error to find what i liked for myself as the lady likes hers somewhat different.

My go to is

1 frozen handful cale
1 frozen stalk of spinach
1/2 fresh pineapple sliced
1 banana
1/4 cup or so of greek yogurt
1/4 cup or so of mango or orange juice
handful of chia seeds

Its a pretty heavy dose of stuff, but when i have one in the morning it easily carries me through the day if need be and has allowed me to lower my cholesterol substantially.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #44
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Spaghetti squash makes a pretty solid pasta substitute. I was skeptical at first, but it really does work well - mix with your favorite pasta sauce (I use cheese and tomato sauce).

It has far less less calories per gram than regular pasta. 100 grams is only ~31 cals vs ~370 calories in pasta.

It is very easy to make. Cut a Spaghetti Squash in half, put cut side down, bake at 375-400 for one hour. Scrape with fork.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #45
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I find it funny that posting a recipe that is "low-fat" healthy...
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote