Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #21
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Though he might have a higher ppg, I think Stevenson has been a far better player. I think the numbers and especially seeing them play, thats quite obvious.

p.s. sorry for hijacking this thread into a Kolanos thread.
Even if you are right that Stevenson has been a marginally better offensive player, that does not change the fact that if Kolanos plays well in training camp he will probably be considered for some time in the big leagues.

I am not saying Kolanos is the end all and be all of Quad City, but what I am saying is his play has been good enough to earn him a look by the big team.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #22
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I'm curious? Have you ever talked to him personally? How do you know he has a bad attitude or doesn't care about the team?

I think for a person in Kolanos' situation there is a big difference between not carring about the team and wanted to make the big show. Of course, he doesn't want to stay in Quad City forever. He was playing in the NHL and most likely has the talent to go back there.

No I haven't seen him play in person, as I have not been down to watch any live games. However, one thing that doesn't lie is stats. He has been the best player offensively on the team and that will count for something. This is reflected in his own stats and the teams improved play since his return. That in itself should at least have the coaches looking during training camp.
Yes, I have talked to him personally. Tell me, show me, just where did I say he has a bad attitude or doesn't care about the team? I'd love to see it.

If you haven't seen him play in person, then you know nothing about how he's been playing. He has plenty of points on the scoresheet, but what the scoresheet doesn't say is how often he coasts in the neutral and defensive zones. That's if he even makes it into the defensive zone,. He has the second lowest +/- among forwards on the team. The only forward that has a lower +\- has played in 12 more games and rarely gets benched. Oh, I forgot to mention that, Kolanos has been benched quite a bit, at least four or five times, for a period or more.

He may be the best contributing offensive player on the team, but that is only a part of the story.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote