Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #41
MrDJZak
Backup Goalie

Exp:

They really need to consider motion capture actors for awards (Oscars).
I think there was something about that and Andy Serkis not being considered because it was motion capture in one of the 'Apes' movies..

Anyway, I really felt they did a great job of Thanos and portraying his emotion on screen. Josh Brolin did an amazing job. This was absolutely a 'Thanos Movie' as it's been mentioned a few times.

Infinity War wraps the last 10 years of movies (Iron Man came out in 2008!) up into a great thrill-ride.
You'll laugh, cry and be shocked during the 2.5 hour ride. Go and see it!

Well done. Bravo.

I'm still numb...
MrDJZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:28 AM   #42
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean, it literally said 'Thanos will return' after the post credits scene. They didn't even try to act like it wasn't a Thanos movie.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:17 AM   #43
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw it last night. Was amazing.

Best marvel movie yet IMO.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #44
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was fun. Shocking. But fun.

Can’t believe we have to wait a year for Part 2.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #45
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want part II right now! as it ended I was hoping they'd pull a Matrix/Cloverfield and just release the next one in like 2 months.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #46
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Waiting for GGG to come in and some how claim black panther was better.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:33 PM   #47
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Damn I have to re do my winter soldier rating to 9.9 because this is the definition of perfection. Such a good movie. Finally, finally, finally!!!!! Marvel does a villain right. This is a real villain, you hate it, feel for him, respect him and want him to die at different parts in this movie.

So impressed. The way they ended it was great, just a cut to black and left me saying wtf!!! But then I realized meh it's marvel they will all be back, but still it was well done. I think in the end a few will die, saving the rest, but I expect 90% to survive. However they still had me for a few minutes going no no no!!! So good on them.

I thought for sure that stark was done, I thought this was his grand sacrifice exit. I kind of hate they copped out on it but I get it. Strange knew this was the only way.

Very much enjoyed this movie. Can't wait to see it again.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #48
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Wow

That's all I can really say, what a movie. I've liked all the Marvel movies, though some were great while others good. This is the first one though that left me speechless as the credits started rolling. I heard some younger kids in the theater even start crying as they see so many heroes start falling to ash, Marvel definitely went full darkside on this

I heard some comparisons to Empire Strikes Back before seeing Infinity War, and I'd say that's a pretty good comparison. My mom told me when I was a kid about watching ESB in the theater and everyone in the audience just sitting in shock when it ended, and the same thing happend here. I've never seen a theater so quiet after a Marvel movie, nor almost everyone in it waiting until the final after credits scene

Godamn I can't wait for IW2
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:52 PM   #49
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Saw it again. Loved it even more. 10/10.

Couple things.

At the part with GOTG and someone says make your mean face you can see Mantis in the background making one and its hilarious. She holds it for quite a while too.

Strange definitely saw this outcome. It’s why he didn’t tell Quill to behave when he flips out on Thanos, Strange knew it had to happen. And it’s why he gave up the time stone to save tony.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:15 PM   #50
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw it, loved every second of it. My wife liked it so much she said she wishes she had the time gem to see part 2 right now.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:54 PM   #51
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish they kept Thor’s eyepatch. And how did Dave Bautista become the funniest person in the MCU?
Old 04-29-2018, 01:37 AM   #52
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I think I’ll go see it again too

Last edited by stang; 04-29-2018 at 01:40 AM.
stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:40 AM   #53
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

double post
stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:48 AM   #54
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I wish they kept Thor’s eyepatch. And how did Dave Bautista become the funniest person in the MCU?
He moved so slowly you didn't even see him creep in.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:13 AM   #55
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never knew Thanos liked bubbles so much.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:06 AM   #56
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I wish they kept Thor’s eyepatch.
Yea this was one of the few parts in the movie I didn't like. The scene itself was kinda funny, continuing Rocket's weird obsession with stealing/buying body parts, but why did they have to give him his eye back? I thought the Odin eyepatch was a good look. It was like a pirate had a baby with an angel and then they ruined it.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #57
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Yea this was one of the few parts in the movie I didn't like. The scene itself was kinda funny, continuing Rocket's weird obsession with stealing/buying body parts, but why did they have to give him his eye back? I thought the Odin eyepatch was a good look. It was like a pirate had a baby with an angel and then they ruined it.
Agreed. They could have had the same moment and just have Thor think it’s gross or something. Or just note that he kind of likes the patch. That would have been funny too.

Last edited by Coach; 04-29-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #58
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

This movie just set the opening weekend record for both domestic box office ($250M, just barely beating The Force Awakens' $248M) and worldwide box office ($630M, easily beating The Fate of the Furious' $543M).

Justice League made $657M in it's entire run lol.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #59
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
This movie just set the opening weekend record for both domestic box office ($250M, just barely beating The Force Awakens' $248M) and worldwide box office ($630M, easily beating The Fate of the Furious' $543M).

Justice League made $657M in it's entire run lol.
Whats your deal with hating on DC films? I could bring up how Wonder Woman made more domestically than Civil War which was basically Avengers 2.5. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but it really sucks when you love both film franchises and when you want to discuss IW because you loved it, you have people cutting down DC films again. I get it you hate the movies trust me I get it from everywhere people don't like them , but they are one of the highest grossing film franchises with $3.7 billion world wide and Aquaman coming out this year looks great. You can talk about how amazing IW was and how much money it made without crapping on JL.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 11:59 AM   #60
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Marvel now has six of the top ten opening weekends of all time. Including Disney it’s 9/10.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers , rabbit , spoilers , thanos