Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #121
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if it's 'too nice' I still love watching. Only thing I watch during the summer!

If I was handicapping, odds on Taylor&Courtney and Nancy&Melissa to make finale, with Dylan&Kwame to be eliminated and even money on the other 3 for the last spot.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2018, 02:09 PM   #122
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ya the niceness thing is beginning to weigh on me. the one thing I love(d) about AR Canada are that the challenges are way tougher than the original series’s. I don’t see that here at all and there’s way to much dancing!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #123
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ratings would explode if they did a Villains edition. Alex Burrows, Ezra Levant, Genie Bouchard, Brazeau, random Roughrider fan, Elizabeth May, Bieber, racist lady from Denny's, Michelle Rempel, Nenshi.

I'd pay money to watch that!
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #124
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Amazing Dance-Off Canada. What is the deal this year with all the dancing challenges, and I see there is a ballet challenge in the preview for next week. Really losing interest quickly this year...
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #125
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Glad my teams survived, but I was totally bored watching this leg. The Amazing Race Canada used to have tough challenges. Now it's dancing, making coffee, and packing bread?!

And the dancing... enough already! Watching a bunch of teams do a dance routine over and over again is not interesting.

When I was choosing my first team, I was torn between the two Courtney teams. I'm thinking I chose the wrong one.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #126
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can dance if you want to, and if you're on this season of the Amazing Race Canada, you better want to.

This week, the teams head to Winnipeg where they drive Chevys and dance, and no one goes home. A lot of the locals are seen wearing Jets gear, but this would have been shot either in the second or third round of the playoffs, so I guess it isn't that weird.

Nancy & Mellisa had a bad leg but were saved by the non-elimination.
  1. Taylor & Courtney
  2. Martina & Phil
  3. Leanne & Mar
  4. Dylan & Kwame
  5. Courtney & Adam
  6. Nancy & Mellisa
  7. Zainab & Monica
  8. Todd & Anna
  9. Joseph & Akash
  10. Chewy & Happy
  • Fuzz: Chewy & Happy / Martina & Phil
  • topfiverecords: Joseph & Akash / Todd & Anna
  • Amethyst: Courtney & Adam / Leanne & Mar
  • Otto-matic: Taylor & Courtney / Joseph & Akash
  • Weitz: Leanne & Mar / Zainab & Monica
  • GoinAllTheWay: Dylan & Kwame / Nancy & Mellisa
  • EldrickOnIce: Nancy & Mellisa / Dylan & Kwame
  • KevanGuy: Martina & Phil / Taylor & Courtney
  • bigtmac19: Todd & Anna / Courtney & Adam
  • getbak: Zainab & Monica / Chewy & Happy

Next week: We're off to PEI.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:26 AM   #127
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Felt like a lot of non-elimination legs this season,but I unless there are usually 3. Hopefully no more coming. Kind of feels like a waste to watch a whole episode of a race, just to see that it didn't matter.

Down with dancing. Down with non-elimination legs.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
RyZ
Old 08-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #128
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yes, please no more dancing! And the magic was kind of like dancing. It was a bunch of racers learning a routine and then watching them try it over and over.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #129
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the next leg in PEI actually has some team-breaking excitement and excessive physical activities, and no dancing. So looking forward to that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #130
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

The skip the dishes task just really seemed like a giant product placement. They went to the exact same houses! Did they even deliver food or just empty boxes?

I still love the show but this season seems to be really heavily focusing on the product placements. I get it brings in the sponsor money but if they spread it out more throughout the season it might be less agitating.

The faceoff was pretty lame though, I wish they thought of something better for that.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 08-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #131
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, that was pretty silly. I also didn't understand why it took longer than learning to ballet dance. 5 minutes to learn the app, and 2 deliveries? Should have been a 30 minute task.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #132
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Maybe the addresses were far apart? The way they had Courtney and Adam read the "follow the special instructions" part, I was sure they were going to forget to wish that lady a happy birthday.

Edited to add: By now, they are probably all semi-professional dancers anyway. They should be getting those tasks fast now!
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #133
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This should have been the final non-elimination leg. There's four episodes left, and three teams need to be eliminated before the finale.

Unfortunately, the product placement tasks will always be a part of the show. At least the Skip the Dishes one was a decent challenge that required the teams to navigate their way around an unfamiliar city. At least it wasn't just using Mentos to recreate a piece of abstract art, or making a Blizzard at Dairy Queen.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #134
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Martina and Phil could be a darkhorse team. They seem to get through tasks fairly quickly but their downfall may be a footrace if it gets to that point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #135
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Yup, they are far more versatile and adept at most things than I ever expected them to be. And it usually comes down to brains vs a foot race, so they should be Ok.
I thought the faceoff was fine. Semi obscure challenges are good.
Where this season has fallen way short is in physical tests. Other than the pole climbing in the first episode (?) there has been nothing physical (except but dancing every episode), which doesn't count and is really old now. Looks like some physical tests upcoming next week!
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #136
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
^ Yup, they are far more versatile and adept at most things than I ever expected them to be. And it usually comes down to brains vs a foot race, so they should be Ok.
I thought the faceoff was fine. Semi obscure challenges are good.
Where this season has fallen way short is in physical tests. Other than the pole climbing in the first episode (?) there has been nothing physical (except but dancing every episode), which doesn't count and is really old now. Looks like some physical tests upcoming next week!
Adam and Courtney are the most surprising team. I thought'd they be better at the race but continually coming in at the bottom of the pack. Seems like when ever they get a bit of a lead they either get lost or fail at the task.
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #137
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't mind the product placement, becuase without it we wouldn't have a show. It's blatant enough to be funny, for the most part. Like, ya, I saw the contact lenses. How could I possibly have missed them???
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #138
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Adam and Courtney are the most surprising team. I thought'd they be better at the race but continually coming in at the bottom of the pack. Seems like when ever they get a bit of a lead they either get lost or fail at the task.
I'm surprised as well (since I picked them third overall). I think the lack of physical tasks has been their downfall.

I don't mind the product placement tasks. Skip the Dishes was fine, because they had to navigate the city on their own and remember the special tasks. And Phil (?) even added to the product placement by commenting on how he always used Skip as a customer.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #139
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Too many dance challenges and too many non eliminations legs in such a short period of time. This hasnt been one of the better seasons.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #140
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Too many dance challenges and too many non eliminations legs in such a short period of time. This hasnt been one of the better seasons.
Usually AR Canada is pretty solid but challenges have been boring and the teams are all meh. No one I'm cheering for or really against. Although Martina and Phil are starting to wear on me being so hyper all the time.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote