Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2024, 11:54 AM   #81
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, sometimes it takes that health scare to have the right motivation to proceed forward. I had noticed some strange behaviours when tracking my health stats over the last few years. I'm hoping that it's not more than that, but I started taking precautions anyways.

The type of minor adjustments I used to do would sort of work, but the results wouldn't maintain like it used to. I also started getting certain ill effects ranging from body pain/seized muscles, mind fog, headaches/migraines, stomach issues etc. with higher frequency. I pride myself with a pretty good body quotient (BQ) but I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong in how my body was communicating to me and reacting to my day to day (which in all honesty hadn't really changed much over the last few years/decades other than kids). IMO, it was like my body was slowing down and needed much more persuasion than before to rev it back up to do what I know it is still capable of. So I started devising the fundamentals to a plan.

My greatest goal is basically continue to do what I currently do for the next 12 years without major changes, even though things are constantly changing. I want to lift my kids, play sports with them etc. for a while yet (into their teens) and not let my body say no to that physically/injury or stamina wise. I started with a dumb and rough idea of what I'm going to do. It's based on what I've done before and what I felt worked for me and didn't. It won't work for everyone, but I didn't devise it for everyone. It's customized to me.

1. Gamify vs Scientific approach vs rule of thumb self motivation via Newton's third law.

Spoiler!

2. My brain/body is messed up. I need to fix it or trick it with specific habits for longer term success.
Spoiler!

3. Exercise.

Spoiler!

4. The deadline.

Spoiler!

Good luck to everyone on their journeys.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: