Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #121
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
LOL

Passenger who has a career average of 30 goals per 82 games. Career average. Nice problem to have

You see anything die on Johnny’s stick lately?

Awful
Johnny has also setup 2 of our last 4 goals...he isn't playing great but he is still in on more of the offence than anyone else
Old 10-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #122
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Does he have a black eye?
Not sure. But Kopitar always has two black eyes and he plays ok...
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/photos/...ar-2013-40.jpg

Last edited by 3rd liner; 10-23-2019 at 12:01 AM.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd liner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 11:25 PM   #123
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I don’t want to complain about reffing but it’s been horrible in my opinion this season.

And not just Flames games but in general.
The flames have taken 16 more minor penalties than the 15th place team in just 11 games, so I'm glad you aren't complaining about the refs because that ain't it.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #124
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

There were suggestions here Flames players were out drinking on Friday nights out of town. I’m wondering if they are out drinking in 1st intermissions. In the last three games it’s an average of a goal being scored 21s into the 2nd. Ouch.

I’m not too upset with the result. The Caps are a good team and the schedule hasn’t been kind to start the season. That was game 3 of 4, 4 of 6, or even 9 of 15 depending on how far back you want to go.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:31 PM   #125
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
There were suggestions here Flames players were out drinking on Friday nights out of town. I’m wondering if they are out drinking in 1st intermissions. In the last three games it’s an average of a goal being scored 21s into the 2nd. Ouch.

I’m not too upset with the result. The Caps are a good team and the schedule hasn’t been kind to start the season. That was game 3 of 4, 4 of 6, or even 9 of 15 depending on how far back you want to go.
Leafs have also had a brutal schedule. Maybe things turn around for both teams once the schedule goes more in their favour.

On a side note, you're in Australia right? I'm going to see King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard next month. So pumped! Are they a big deal over there?
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #126
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
I am amazed at how difficult it is for professional athletes to put forth an honest effort for 12-20 minutes a night. So frustrating. Monahan trending back towards baby poop soft. Johnny completely lost his love for hockey. If he stayed this far from contact his whole career there wouldn't be 50 people in the world that would know his name. All I feel is frustrated from lazy lazy efforts.
When the chumps in the stands and on their sofas bankroll you to millions per year no matter how much effort you put in, why bother? Or at the very most you will decide for yourself when to sweat and when to coast
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:43 PM   #127
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Johnny has also setup 2 of our last 4 goals...he isn't playing great but he is still in on more of the offence than anyone else
1 even strength assist and 1 PP assist and -4 the last 6 games.

He is way better than that.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 11:49 PM   #128
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
It was such a stupid move, in my opinion, by the flames to not even try lindholm at center for a single frigin shift all preseason.

These genius coaches put dube on the top line, all kind of fairly tale line combos in the name of 'assessing talent' yet, they didn't try lindholm at C.

We're 15% into the season. No line has any real chemistry, and defensive woes aside, the so called flames forward depth is a punch line. Ryan, Jankowski, Frolik, Bennett, mangiapane, czarnik, reider all look like decent 13th forwards on an nhl roster, in my opinion.
It's pretty clear that the coaching staff does not trust Gaudreau and Monahan without a defensive safety net. They won't move Lindholm off that line until they can find someone to be that safety net on the RW.

As crazy as it might sound, maybe they should try Backlund on Gaudreau/Monahan's RW. He can do the dirty work, he actually attacks a lot from the right side. Move Lindholm to centre Tkachuk with a Czarnik or Bennett.

Otherwise, they need to acquire a RW like Lindholm. Not sure where they will find that. Until they can find that, they won't move Lindholm off that line.

It's funny, I was thinking of Ferland's struggles in Vancouver, it looks like his heart just isn't there, maybe a Lucic for Ferland trade makes sense for both teams. Flames get a guy with proven chemistry for the first line, allowing them to move Lindholm to centre Tkachuk. Canucks get their bruiser they wanted, plus the hometown boy at the same price and term.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #129
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Well, after 4 games and 0 points Johnny dishes to Stone.

Monahan didn’t get the point on that goal and yet was the target of the post I thought was absurd.

Today’s pass to Lindholm was nice, and still the second nicest pass on the goal

So basically point taken but insignificant sample size, supported by anecdotal evidence
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:52 PM   #130
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lindholm is essentially playing centre on that line anyway whether listed there or not.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:59 PM   #131
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
When the chumps in the stands and on their sofas bankroll you to millions per year no matter how much effort you put in, why bother? Or at the very most you will decide for yourself when to sweat and when to coast
I've never understood this line of thinking. People used to say this about the Leafs all the time too.Players are not thinking "wow another sell out. I can just slack off" Some players are just lazy. Crosby seems to give it 100% no matter what. Guys like Matthews and Gaudreau pick their spots. They'd play the same if they played for the Panthers.
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #132
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I've never understood this line of thinking. People used to say this about the Leafs all the time too.Players are not thinking "wow another sell out. I can just slack off" Some players are just lazy. Crosby seems to give it 100% no matter what. Guys like Matthews and Gaudreau pick their spots. They'd play the same if they played for the Panthers.
Funny. Generally, who cares about the Leafs.

But since you had to bring them up (eye roll), when Harold Ballard had the chance to get Gretzky, he reportedly asked how many more tickets he would sell
Old 10-23-2019, 12:06 AM   #133
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Funny. Generally, who cares about the Leafs.

But since you had to bring them up (eye roll), when Harold Ballard had the chance to get Gretzky, he reportedly asked how many more tickets he would sell
Was unaware of that. Can you substantiate that claim?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:07 AM   #134
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Was unaware of that. Can you substantiate that claim?
Not sure. It happened (and I recall it being reported and discussed) before Al Gore invented the internet
Old 10-23-2019, 12:07 AM   #135
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is paying frolik 4.3 per to play 10 minutes a night actually helping this team or is it a full on distraction at this point?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #136
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure. It happened (and I recall it being reported and discussed) before Al Gore invented the internet
= Uhh I'm full of ####
Old 10-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #137
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Is paying frolik 4.3 per to play 10 minutes a night actually helping this team or is it a full on distraction at this point?
Not sure what he had to do with this

Give his minutes to Rieder? Jankowski?

I know the top line was -3
Old 10-23-2019, 12:17 AM   #138
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
= Uhh I'm full of ####

Ballard was hurting financially at the time and it was well known, a-hole. Asked the Oilers for 50M
Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #139
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Peter pocklington claims that before the 1980 season, Ballard offered to trade the entire leafs team for the entire oilers team.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #140
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure what he had to do with this

Give his minutes to Rieder? Jankowski?

I know the top line was -3
He is without question the single best option for the second line and for the second straight season, a season after a series of public out bursts from his agent, he is once again being under utilized in favour of worse players, to the detriment of the team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post: