Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2020, 08:41 AM   #81
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

My first foray into expensive underwear was Saxx boxer briefs. They were such a huge upgrade over the fruit of the loom I had from wally world I was like, god damn what else am I missing?

Saxx is great quality, tagless, and seems like it's built with longevity in mind. I can imagine that these things will hold up in the wash for years. They're crazy expensive though, and honestly, there's better feeling material out there.

Uniqlo was my next buy, a friend of mine gets them for all his underwear, and he said to give it a go. We split an order to save on shipping, and the shipping was super fast. Quality is way above fruit of the loom, but, it is below Saxx and the others. What really sets them apart for this list is the price. Most others here are 20-30 a pair, these guys are 8 a pair. Sometimes I wish I only ever tried this on, and I'd probably be happy with them and it would be way more affordable overall. Feels great, the quality is ok, and the price is by far the best on this list. They do come with tags, and that's a huge drawback if you don't have a thread ripper and they drive you nuts like they do me.

Calvin Klein Modals are available on amazon and so far, for pure comfort, is still tops to me. This is a personal list so YMMV, but I find the material so soft and pleasant it's incredible. These aren't tagless either, but my lovely wife took them out with a thread ripped. If you're like me and hate tags, you may want to think twice if you don't have a thread ripped. One concern I have is I don't think they're built to last like others here are. I can see the band on these falling apart and becoming weak after a bunch of washes. My favourite underwear so far.

All Citizens were next, got them from the US, and they're the most unique underwear so far I've tried. They have a front fly that's horizontal, and the tag is hidden in there, so it won't bother you. The look of this horizontal fly is... not sexy. So if you're trying to wear sexy boxer briefs for a lady, I'd probably pass on these. Otherwise, they're a hybrid of the CK's and Saxx. I feel like they're more comfortable than Saxx but also going to last longer than the CKs.

2undr is about 50 for 2, and the quality seems really really great. The band is a bit tight to me, but, I'm still fat, despite my weight loss, and that's probably a me issue. They've moved to tagless, which is huge. The material is really comfortable and the boxer briefs look like they're built with longevity in mind, but while also having incredible softness. I read other people here flipping out over them and loving them, I don't quite get it, but they're also very nice. Comfort wise I'd put these right along with saxx, firmly below ck modal. Everyone's taste varies but I'd probably not buy this anymore. The more I wear them the less comfortable I find the fabric.

I returned my bn3eath thru to amazon as it came a day late, and, on the outside packaging it's clear I'd need a 2xl to give it a fair review.

For now I'd say the CK Modal is my favourite, with me worrying about the longevity. If you're a value/budget buyer though, uniqlo is incredible. I just got some 2xl supima cotton boxer briefs for 4 dollars on sale. That's such a good deal I would compare it to vizio P series for TV value/quality.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #82
BigT112
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Hmm, sounds like I need to try these..I own several pairs of Saxx and love them, but my one pair of 2UNDR are far and away my favourite pair. Whenever I have a night out featuring lots of walking, I always make sure those are washed and ready to rock. They also have enough give that if I end up crashing elsewhere, they're comfortable enough to sleep in and won't feel constrictive. If MeUndies are noticeably even a step up from 2UNDR, I definitely have to try them!
I'v never tried 2UNDR and had never heard of them until this thread so I cannot offer a comparison. I have had no problems with my MeUndies. One of my biggest problems with underwear I've had in the past (Saxx especially) is that they lose the elastic at the bottom of the leg and start to ride up terribly. Haven't had this problem with MeUndies. Also I personally find them the most comfortable I've ever worn. They may not have the pouch which is a big sales point for brands like Saxx, but they really don't need it.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #83
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve never understood the fascination with Victoria’s Srcret underwear. Their bras suck; they don’t have my size.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:48 PM   #84
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meundies came in and holy crap. Soft. Fit amazing. These rocketed to the top of my list. Wife loves them too and asked for some ladies stuff.

Material is still below ck modal Tho. The more I wear I think it's that this is a 2x and fits my ass better. But 20 more lbs down and I may like the others better.

They do seem much snugger on my leg and less likely to ride up.

Last edited by White Out 403; 07-15-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #85
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice, I'll definitely check out MeUndies. I've heard great things.

I played Sirocco golf club today and they had a 2UNDR display - $32.99 which is a bit higher than I'd like to pay, but they had some great patterns so I picked up 3 more pairs.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #86
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I ordered a pair of "night shift" underwear from 2undr and its way way different than the swing shift. I'll give them a go sometime soon.

I've worn the meundies a couple times and I have a concern with the breathability. I find my skin a little warmer than I'd like where I wear the boxer/briefs. They're super soft but I wonder if that is harming the air flow. I don't think I'll be a repeat buyer .
Old 07-20-2020, 10:55 PM   #87
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let me know how the Night Shift are. I think I'm up to almost 20 pairs of 2UNDR's now, hah! The newer ones have a slightly softer feel to them.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #88
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Let me know how the Night Shift are. I think I'm up to almost 20 pairs of 2UNDR's now, hah! The newer ones have a slightly softer feel to them.
The night shift are very silk feeling, they breathe really well. They feel like airism by uniqlo. It def fits and feels smaller; so if you normally wear an XL, get 2xl, etc.

It's not my cup of tea... but, on the other hand, you're junk will be very well ventilated.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #89
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calvin Klein 3 pack of modal boxer briefs on sale on amazon.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #90
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huge huge recommendation for David Archy bamboo boxer briefs. Price vs quality surpasses everything I've worn yet. Outrageous comfort and not super expensive.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #91
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

So, I’ve been using Saxx for a few years now but reading this thread made me curious about 2Under. I went bought 6 pair when I saw a 30% off sale.

These are great! and more importantly, my wife loves them and told me to replace all my Saxx. Sooooo..... $400 later. As long as the wife gives the go ahead then I’m very happy!

Thanks for the recommendation!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 06:59 PM   #92
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
So, I’ve been using Saxx for a few years now but reading this thread made me curious about 2Under. I went bought 6 pair when I saw a 30% off sale.

These are great! and more importantly, my wife loves them and told me to replace all my Saxx. Sooooo..... $400 later. As long as the wife gives the go ahead then I’m very happy!

Thanks for the recommendation!
I gotta ask, why does your wife care or get a say in what underwear you wear?
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #93
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Because, other than me, she's the only one seeing it with the exception of the Italian seafood pasta incident from Toscana Grill circa 2012.

I ####post on here a ton but that was a time where a handful of (unfortunate) passerbys saw way too much.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #94
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Because she is the reason I get to spend $400 on underwear. I’d still do it anyways but I don’t get the ol’ WTF from her.

Helps a lot.. lol
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #95
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sounds like I should be carrying some 2undr in my shop. I will be ordering some styles here in the next few days and will have them up on my website shortly after they arrive. I will post a secret CP discount code when I get them up there.
spetch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #96
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

These guys rebranded but were formally known as “My Pakage”

https://www.bn3th.ca/

Haven’t worn anything else since I tried these. Big recommendation
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #97
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

got a Discount code for SAXX CP users.. PM me for it

Last edited by spetch; 11-19-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: figured this way was better
spetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #98
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know that many of you guys like Saxx and apparently UofC has some on sale for $17. I'm too poor for fancy underwear so I don't know if this is a good deal or not but it is 50% off.
https://www.calgarybookstore.ca/shop...FsIENsb3RoaW5n
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #99
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

This thread lead me into looking into 2UNDR... and I have since replaced my entire underwear wardrobe with 2UNDR’s (mostly bought sale colours and such). Swing shift mostly, and some night shift. Unbelievable and seem to be holding up better than the cheap #### I was buying before.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote