Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #1381
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
The heroic Star Fortress is brutal to solo from what I've heard, I was talking about the planetary ones that you can instantly transport to from the terminals on Odessan and Fleet. Thanks for the heads up on...let's call him Bossk . I thought World Boss hunting was the only way to get him, I guess I'll try doing some hunting on Hoth over Christmas!

Forgot to mention the Rakghoul event is borked, so you can't get Lokin until January. I think it's become apparent that SWTOR can't run two events at the same time, since Life Day is running right now.
With the "Boosk" one the place to find the animals is in the mountain areas, there's a mining pit in one of the middle areas surrounded by mountains. You want to climb the mountains as high as you can.

It took me about an hour or so to kill enough of them to complete the mission, and its far easier then going after World Beasts.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #1382
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Dammit, I think I'm finally going to jump back in. After watching the new SW movie this game really pulls at me.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #1383
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I got back in, just in time for Fallout 4, Battlefront, and Shadow of Mordor. Thanks Santa Claus...
Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #1384
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Dammit, I think I'm finally going to jump back in. After watching the new SW movie this game really pulls at me.
I started playing again also. I forgot how fun leveling this game can be and I hope I have enough end game content to keep me busy for a bit.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skaloper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 10:32 PM   #1385
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaloper View Post
I started playing again also. I forgot how fun leveling this game can be and I hope I have enough end game content to keep me busy for a bit.
In my mind there's a lot of post main story game play that's repeatable.

Illum
Makeb
Oricron
CZ-198
Blackhole
I know I'm missing a world with the start of the Dread masters storyline
The Revan story line covers multiple worlds and flashpoints
Then theres the KOFE for subscribers with the first 9 chapters.
Theres a lot of flashpoints, and you can run them in solo mode if you don't want to run them with people.
There's also a bunch of 16 person raids or operations.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #1386
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Plus there's not just one character, there's 8, or 16 if you decide to run all the diciplines.

Running as a Sith Marauder is different from running as a Juggernaut for example

Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 PM   #1387
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
In my mind there's a lot of post main story game play that's repeatable.

Illum
Makeb
Oricron
CZ-198
Blackhole
I know I'm missing a world with the start of the Dread masters storyline
The Revan story line covers multiple worlds and flashpoints
Then theres the KOFE for subscribers with the first 9 chapters.
Theres a lot of flashpoints, and you can run them in solo mode if you don't want to run them with people.
There's also a bunch of 16 person raids or operations.
I played Republic before a couple of times so now I am trying out Imperial but I have content from 50-65 that I have yet to check out.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #1388
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Plus there's not just one character, there's 8, or 16 if you decide to run all the diciplines.

Running as a Sith Marauder is different from running as a Juggernaut for example
Yup I also like how I think they made leveling a bit less of a grind which should allow me to experiment with other classes.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 PM   #1389
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaloper View Post
Yup I also like how I think they made leveling a bit less of a grind which should allow me to experiment with other classes.
Yeah you can level with just the story line missions, it used to be that to level you have to do the story line missions and all of the side missions, which made it grindy.

But at one point when the level cap was 60, I hit the end of the storyline at 60 and kicked the crap out of Darth Baras.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #1390
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for the help getting Qysen Capt! I spent Christmas Eve farming that area you pointed out and now I can start the Lokin quest with my Main once the Rakghoul event is fixed. I ended up running my Jedi through KOTFE as well. Im not sure what's up with Harbinger, there are no 220 hilts and no MK-8 augmentation kits on the GTN, I'm thinking some of the top crafters either quit or haven't played in a while.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #1391
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Any partical class better for leveling than others, I mean I'll likely just do a class I've not played yet but just curious.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:02 AM   #1392
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Any partical class better for leveling than others, I mean I'll likely just do a class I've not played yet but just curious.
They're all pretty much the same (same XP given for class missions) it would all depend on which story you want to see. Imp agent/warrior were great, I enjoyed the Jedi warrior as well.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #1393
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
In terms of leveling no, its all about Story line.

For me the Story Lines rank the following way.

1) Imperial Agent- Just an incredibly great story with a lot of twists and turns and a incredibly cool bad guy. I also found it incredibly cool to sneak up on people and jab a knife in their back. This one is confusing, but play it dark side and you become extremely duty bound to the Empire. Play it lightside and you could eventually end up being a ghost figure in the intelligence community serving no one but yourself.

2) Sith Warrior - I really liked this story line because you saw the best and worse of the Sith. This story was all about enforcing the Empires will, and playing a lot of politics, there was also something incredible edifying about striding onto the battlefield and slaughtering everyone.
Play it Darkside and you become a true Sith monster who kills everyone that gets in your way. Play it light side and you become a Sith who sees the corruption in the Empire and wants to reform it from the inside.

3) Smuggler - Ok, the story was medicre, but the character was awesome and hilarious and had the best lines in the game. Play it dark side and you become a pirate who is in it for him own game. play it lightside and you become an honorable smuggler in the service of the Republic.

4) Jedi Knight - A good story, and the key story that is basically the story of the game, its the KOTOR 3 story. You are basically the guy that is going to confront the ultimate evil in the galaxy. Play it darkside and you basically become a do whatever it takes Jedi General, play it lightside and you become an enlightened compassionate Jedi in the service of the Light side

5) Bounty Hunter - I liked this story a lot, but its not for everyone. Your character is all about profit and winning the great hunt. The cool thing about being a bounty hunter is that you feel the most heavily armed in the game.
Play it darkside and you become a profit driven killer, play it light side and you become an honorable bounty hunter, where honor matters more then money.

6) Sith Inquisitor - This should have been a cooler story then it was. It wasn't bad, but the Inq felt a little mis read. Its the story about a Slaves rise to power within the Sith Empire. But I wasn't a big fan of the ghost buster story line in the middle of it. There's something that makes you scream, power unlimited power when shooting someone with Force Lighting. Play it darkside and you become a completely evil Sith who never wants to return to slavery and is on the path to ultimate political power, your also a serial killer. Play it light side and you become a Sith on the path to ultimate power who wants to reform the empire.

7) Republic Trooper - You are a member of the most elite unit in the Republic Military, unfortunately your unit betrays the Republic and tries to defect to the Empire. You spend the story become the second best soldier in the republic and eventually deal a crushing blow to the Empire. Play it lightside and you become the ultimate loyal soldier, play it darkside and you become a jerk that kills everyone.

8) Jedi Counsular - I think that what made this one hard to play was that the voice actor was so bland. Also you were constantly pumped up by the Jedi Council as the pretty much chosen one. Your game play mechanics was the same as the Inquisitor, however instead of lightning you throw objects. Its a pretty boring story, as you try to head off a plot by the Emperor to destroy the galaxy. Play it lightside and you become the ultimate expression of what a jedi should be, with the compassion and love of children. Play it dark side and you basically do the same thing with more ruthlessness.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #1394
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Thought I'd bump this because I'm still playing this game.

A lot of it has changed quite a bit

1) They added the KOTFE story line which is 16 chapters long updated monthly. For the most part this is pretty much solo content. Its just heading into the end of the first story with one more chapter coming out at the end of the month. I think its been very good. a ton of things came with it including recruiting companions from across other story lines. And in the end the choices that you made did matter as they cost you some companions that might be handy in the future

2) Level Sync which syncs your characters levels to the planet your on. This did a lot to remove things like ganking where level 60 characters would return to entry level worlds and murder every one. On top of it, it made missions like heroics more difficult as you are even to the level of the planet. As well it certainly helped the leveling companions

3) Speaking of level grinding. If you go through the worlds and do just the story line missions you'll level to where you need to be, doing the side quests isn't necessary to level your character. If you do the side quests you can over level in a hurry, but with level sync it doesn't matter as much.

4) The new light vs dark event which makes you create new characters and go through the story lines and flash points to get rewards. I never thought I would replay storylines, but I just rolled a Sniper to run through again because of the rewards.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #1395
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cap'n... You have to stop bumping this thread. Every time you do I want to come back and play, and I never can. I don't have time anymore. It's not cool, man. Simply put, you're a mean person for doing this and I hate you juuuuuuust a little bit for it.

I love you, man. But I hate you sometimes.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #1396
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Huge spoiler btw

Spoiler!

Old 07-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #1397
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I just transfered from Jedi Covenant to Harbinger, for some reason I am doing this light vs dark event....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #1398
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I decided to do the light vs dark event even though I've played a character from each class through their main storylines. Ran 6 of them all the way through to the end of the Revan Story line and 3 of them through the KOTFE story line.

But I decided to start a new Imperial Intelligence Agent because it was the best story of all 8. But I decided to go against my instincts and instead of creating a Stealth class like I did the first time I played agent, I made him a sniper, and it makes for a whole different mechanic in the game. There's something joyous about being able to shoot a enemy dead with one shot from a great distance, and see the rest of the mob taking notice and running towards you only to eat laser bolt.

I'm kinda glad they gave me a reason to play the agent story again. Depending on how long this lasts I can see myself running more characters through their main stories as different types of builds. Instead of a Sith Assassin, I'll build a sorcerer. Instead of a Sith marauder I'll build a Juggernaut.

I mean the rewards are ok, they're pretty much completely random, but meh, who cares.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #1399
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was pretty annoyed with the L vs D event. Why the hell would I want to run through the whole game again, on all 8 toons (from what I understand, you need to complete all of the crafting skills again) to get the ultimate rewards?

I rolled a Sorc, got her to lvl 24 last night

Checklist is here:http://dulfy.net/2016/06/28/swtor-da...ent-checklist/

Legendary Status is where it starts to get really silly.

Last edited by Luder; 07-12-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #1400
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm only going to be able to get so far, because I'm not into doing a lot of group stuff in terms of flashpoints and operations.

I will do PVP arenas though.

So I think I'll probably get to the Legacy level with a character or 2 and then be done and go back to finishing my other characters.

At the end of the day, my key focus in the game is to finish the stories.

I did love playing KOTFE with my scoundrel. While other people were acting afraid of Arcann and Vailyn, my smuggler was a complete jerk to them.

While guys like my Sith Lord and my super series agent threatened and worried. My Smuggler basically got drunk acted like John McClain and shot the place up.