Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #1241
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've read a ton of them

I like the Old Republic stuff better, if you can find them the Bane Trilogy is an excellent read and shows how the rule of two came into being.

As well the final clone war trilogy which is labryth of terror, Revenge of the Sith and rise of Darth Vader are all really well written and do a great job of portraying Anakins fall to the dark size and his acceptance of that fall.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #1242
Mitch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can someone invite me to the guild for the Republic? My character name is Ortio. I'm on right now.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #1243
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Can someone invite me to the guild for the Republic? My character name is Ortio. I'm on right now.
Leave your current guild.....
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #1244
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

What is the size of our active "core" group of players? Do we want to set up a night to run FP's?
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #1245
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
What is the size of our active "core" group of players? Do we want to set up a night to run FP's?
We could do kuat for sure, but we only have a few high level characters for the other FPs. My sentinel is almost 55, but lacks gear.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #1246
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Right now I'm just working on gearing my guy up for some HM 55 FPs and maybe some SM operations. I can help out with any lower level FPs at this point.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #1247
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've pretty much decided to level through Kuat Drive, "at level" FP's and fast completion of my class missions when I only have limited time to play. As a healer I get insta-queued so it helps.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #1248
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
We could do kuat for sure, but we only have a few high level characters for the other FPs. My sentinel is almost 55, but lacks gear.
If we could do it on a weekend I could jump in.

My Counciller sits at level 66 gearing I don't know if that's enough for Kuat though. But it should be enough for the other flashpoints and operations (though I think operations are for 16 players.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #1249
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey guys. Haven't been on for a while. When I'm home, I don't really have much time to jump on. I have had time to do some research and some thinking. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Being a healer in PvP sucks. I love PvP but I keep getting FF'd, thus making the game crappy because I die a tonne and don't get as much healing off. I've looked into DPS as a scoundrel, but the play style is a little weird to me, so I'll have to get used to it. I figure that Scrapper is my best shot. The rotation difficulty seems high, but the burst damage and single target DPS are high too. Decent trade off.

I also have a character in mind that I want to create, simply because the name is awesome, but I have doubts that the specific name I want is taken. Thank Jeebus for accented letters such as "è" and "ä". My only question is: do I have to pay for a Legacy Re-name if I subscribe? The Legacy name is part of the whole deal.

If someone with some Scoundrel experience could help me out here. I'm kind of regretting making a Scoundrel. I think I should have gone with a Smuggler. I got some nice gear given to me and I don't want to just throw it away. I'd feel horrible.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #1250
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
Hey guys. Haven't been on for a while. When I'm home, I don't really have much time to jump on. I have had time to do some research and some thinking. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Being a healer in PvP sucks. I love PvP but I keep getting FF'd, thus making the game crappy because I die a tonne and don't get as much healing off. I've looked into DPS as a scoundrel, but the play style is a little weird to me, so I'll have to get used to it. I figure that Scrapper is my best shot. The rotation difficulty seems high, but the burst damage and single target DPS are high too. Decent trade off.

I also have a character in mind that I want to create, simply because the name is awesome, but I have doubts that the specific name I want is taken. Thank Jeebus for accented letters such as "è" and "ä". My only question is: do I have to pay for a Legacy Re-name if I subscribe? The Legacy name is part of the whole deal.

If someone with some Scoundrel experience could help me out here. I'm kind of regretting making a Scoundrel. I think I should have gone with a Smuggler. I got some nice gear given to me and I don't want to just throw it away. I'd feel horrible.
As a subscriber I get one free character name change, but I believe that legacy rename is chargeable

I built a Scoundrel dirty fighter, which I just loved because there's nothing better then sneaking up on someone in stealth, blasting them in the back of the head with a shot gun, then kicking him in the nether regions and hitting then in the face with my pistol.

I like Scoundrel DPS short range because I'm partial with using Stealth.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #1251
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like the combination of melee and range DPS with the Scoundrel. It seems like a good mix for me, as I usually play a melee class but want to expand my horizons. I like stealth a lot too, and the kick in the nuggets is awesome. I'm just having troubles finding, and adjusting to, a decent rotation.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #1252
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This was the page that I used to figure out rotations

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/smug...-and-cooldowns
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #1253
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
This was the page that I used to figure out rotations

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/smug...-and-cooldowns
Apparantly those guides are a bit outdated. You may be better off with the Dulfy guides.

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/12/swtor-gu...class-guide/#3
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #1254
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Apparantly those guides are a bit outdated. You may be better off with the Dulfy guides.

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/12/swtor-gu...class-guide/#3
It's funny. That was the first one I hit up when I Google'd it. Seems quite helpful, but very, very in depth.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #1255
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any on have that link to the cheap subscription? My phone/Tapatalk is being weird and wont let me go back pages.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #1256
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Post #1043
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #1257
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Post #1043
I was hoping to set the subscription up on my phone but it is acting up and won't let me skip back pages. It looks like I'm going to have to wait till I get my computer set up at camp.

Edit: I'm going to have to wait anyways. I used my browser to jump back and find the post and I can't set an account up on the site with my phone. It won't let me scroll to where I need to scroll on the pop ups.

Last edited by Trailer Fire; 03-02-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Trailer Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #1258
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Alright. I subbed. My keyboard for my computer is screwed up but I subbed. I was hoping to buy some Cartel Coins, but the prepaid MasterCard I used won't let me for some reason. Oh well. I'll deal with that issue later. I've subbed but can't play at the moment... This may prove to be problematic.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #1259
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
Alright. I subbed. My keyboard for my computer is screwed up but I subbed. I was hoping to buy some Cartel Coins, but the prepaid MasterCard I used won't let me for some reason. Oh well. I'll deal with that issue later. I've subbed but can't play at the moment... This may prove to be problematic.
If you subbed you get 500 cartel coins right away I think (and 500 / month thereafter)

Another 100/month for having a security key.

You'll also get some as quests rewards as you finish important class story quests.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #1260
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah I got 525 off the bat. I'll look into a security key soon. I was just hoping for enough to buy a Sith Pureblood. Though I can't use a Pureblood for my toon idea I've been cooking up.