Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #81
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Daboll knows him well from the Bills, so who knows. Might actually be a good move, I don't think Jones is an automatic starter over him.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:51 AM   #82
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wentz is a Commander

https://twitter.com/user/status/1501630862261108742
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #83
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Devo said it better than me, but yeah he's not some scrub, he will get big money in UFA. Seahawks are entering Tankapalooza, they could also eat some of the cap hit to facilitate a trade since they need assets for the rebuild and are intending to suck anyway. But I think they wanted to do him a solid and not conscript him to the Jags or some bad team who might offer better picks. But bad asset mismanagement is a large part of why the Seahawks are even here. I tend to think Russ would still be a Seahawk if they didn't destroy themselves with the Adams trade.
This is why no Seahawk fan should be particularly hopeful about the upcoming rebuild. Never mind that the league has passed Pete by in terms of philosophy, but it's his over-estimation of gadget players that's been equally detrimental. This crap all started with Graham / Unger. Great move: trade for a top TE then don't bother to scheme for him. When they actually threw to Graham all he did was catch TD's. Then the Harvin experiment that probably did more to poison the locker room than Sherman, Baldwin, and Bennett combined. Now, Jamal Adams who they don't seem to know how to use, and even if there were using him optimally, isn't worth what they paid. Seattle has been successful in spite of themselves.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #84
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

not sure if I'd rather just roll with Heinicke.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #85
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Colts got two thirds somehow? QB desperation really wants me to see Mahomes or Josh Allen hit the open market. I think we'd see the first ever contract with an ownership stake attached to it, or the first billion dollar contract. Either way it'd be the stupidest #### ever.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:05 PM   #86
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wentz should probably hold off on buying a home in Washington.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #87
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1501636375493459969

and they take his full contract?! Man, what a stupid deal for Washington. Colts completely fleeced them.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #88
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eating the whole contract is insane. Even ignoring how mediocre at best he is as a player, by all accounts he's terrible in the locker room too. Not just the anti-vaxx stuff, but he's a bad leader and doesn't take criticism well. Now watch the Colts flip those thirds to get Jimmy G which would be just hilarious.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #89
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The swapping of the 2nd round picks is interesting. Both teams betting on having a better record than the other in 2022? I'm not sure why Washington felt they had to give the Colts multiple 3rd round picks for a QB they clearly wanted to move from but it's just a reminder of how desperate teams are for starting QB's.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #90
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The swapping of the 2nd round picks is interesting. Both teams betting on having a better record than the other in 2022? I'm not sure why Washington felt they had to give the Colts multiple 3rd round picks for a QB they clearly wanted to move from but it's just a reminder of how desperate teams are for starting QB's.
the swap is in this year's draft. Colts get 42, Commanders get 47.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2022, 12:26 PM   #91
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trubisky must be feeling great right about now. If someone is desperate enough to give up assets for Wentz, and eat his full contract, $20 million a year for Trubisky seems like a given now.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #92
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

With seven 2021 pro bowlers on the roster I assume the Colts must be looking at a Garoppolo trade before free agency starts with Mariota the fallback plan.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:45 PM   #93
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Swapping Wentz for Jimmy G would just be lol. I honestly think Trubisky is gonna be the star for the remaining QB desperate teams, he's the easiest one to talk into "Well maybe he never got a fair shake in Chicago/Nagy ruined him". Plus, he likes titties, so there's that.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:49 PM   #94
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
With seven 2021 pro bowlers on the roster I assume the Colts must be looking at a Garoppolo trade before free agency starts with Mariota the fallback plan.
Yeah, I was just having that discussion with my boss. Indy has to be in on Garopolo as it's really them, New Orleans, and maybe Carolina as teams on the fringe of the playoffs where some stability at QB could push them into the playoffs. Jimmy G is unlikely to win a Superbowl, but he's shown he can get a team with a good roster pretty close.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:57 PM   #95
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Washington Commandos Super Bowl Odds
60-1: Before trading for Carson Wentz
75-1: After

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2022, 09:27 PM   #96
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
This is why no Seahawk fan should be particularly hopeful about the upcoming rebuild. Never mind that the league has passed Pete by in terms of philosophy, but it's his over-estimation of gadget players that's been equally detrimental. This crap all started with Graham / Unger. Great move: trade for a top TE then don't bother to scheme for him. When they actually threw to Graham all he did was catch TD's. Then the Harvin experiment that probably did more to poison the locker room than Sherman, Baldwin, and Bennett combined. Now, Jamal Adams who they don't seem to know how to use, and even if there were using him optimally, isn't worth what they paid. Seattle has been successful in spite of themselves.
Well, Graham and Adams (and others, thankfully guys like Antonio Brown who didn’t get to Seattle) were pushed HARD by Wilson to be acquired by the club, so it’s ironic in Adams case to now be the highest paid Seahawk.

Wilson’s most reliable receiver is the TE, from Zack Wilson to Luke Willson, his holding onto the ball meant the TE was the guy. But then bring in a star like Graham and teams then defended the TE and that didn’t work out.

Harvin was an experiment for sure but the Seahawks had Tate, Baldwin, and Ricardo Lockett as WR and needed a big play WR. Harvin played only a few games but put the dagger in the SB. He and Tate went at it and both were gone the next year anyway.

Again, all these player Wilson wanted, and his own $, took money away slowly from the defense and O line, and why Seattle didn’t win more then 1 playoff game a season the past 6 years.

I look forward to the rebuild. PC and JS don’t have the star QB not so subtly whispering in their ears telling them what they should do as they have the past 5 seasons or so. And, PC and JS have jettisoned players a year or two before their expiry date, where other teams hold on. Sherman and Thomas and Bennet prime examples. Wilson of course a lot of factors at play and Wagner was going to be making too much cap $ unfortunately.

Those two guys built the team they wanted, including the pick of Wilson, from inheriting having Tavares Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst as QB and a 4-12 record to winning the SB 3 years later. QB will be key of course, if even whoever plays this year is not quite the answer this year.

I suspect defense gets overhauled first and the key offensive peices come along later this year or probably next.

Last edited by browna; 03-09-2022 at 09:30 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #97
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1502038575671652354
Old 03-10-2022, 02:56 PM   #98
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good trade for the Chargers. Apparently they only had to give up a 2nd and 6th round pick but his cap hit over the next three seasons is almost QB money.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:00 PM   #99
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chargers have a ton of cap space too so I would expect they'll be the "Rams" of 2022 going all-in. But as we know now is the time, three more years of Herbert on a rookie deal.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:04 PM   #100
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

On a grander scheme, wow does the NFC keep getting worse. Like the "big" NFC move of the week is getting Wentz lol. AFC is gonna be a war for the next few years.