Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2017, 11:02 PM   #81
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Freddie Hamilton now has more points than Sam Bennett. Okay then
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #82
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Hamiltons shot DEFINITELY went off Monahan lol.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #83
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
So Freddie Hamilton now has more points than Sam Bennett. Okay then
He deserves the 'you lucky bastard' award for tonight quite frankly.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #84
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some good offensive support from the top four d-men tonight!
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #85
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I was hoping for a 5-5 start through the first 10 games for it to be a successful start, especially with out recent history. They stand a good chance of hitting that and maybe more than that. Can't complain.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #86
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Infuriating dopey play from the Flames early on. Then the undisciplined penalties took over.
Mike Smith is the saviour we need right now. He's made me forget the other ninety goalies we've had since Kipprusoff.
We need that Brittany Spears fangirl meme "Leave Bennett alone".
Far too much hyperbole surrounding Bennett right now when the whole team is mental jell-o.
Jagr slowly coming around, IDC if it takes him all season long to peak, as long as he peaks in April and into June.
PK was the TSN turning point, no shot for vancouver in the second period when the Flames were acting like barbarians. Bad team or not, if your PK allows zero shots, the game is won on special teams.
Did I mention Mike Smith?

Two more things.
Move Bennett to the wing, his greatest success was on the wing, and with faceoffs going the way they are, you need to have two centers per line anywho.

#77 Jankowski. That is all.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #87
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good win by the Flames after a bad game last night vs Ottawa. Players need to watch more on the new stick and faceoff rule because they are having problem adapting to that new rule. Majority of Flames penalties are because of it. Not sure I am a fan of the new faceoff rule yet but I am sure we'll get used to it. Looks pretty simple to understand but I know some players are still having problem getting rid of their bad habits. I just hope the linesman drops the puck a lot faster though.
I was confused with why Freddie Hamilton is on the lineup before the game but I thought he did okay and made that 4th line with Brouwer and Glass much faster. Anyone know why Ferland were late scratch tonight? Anyways happy with the win, only complain I have was the amount of penalties. Smith was solid again.

Last edited by OzSome; 10-15-2017 at 10:37 AM.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #88
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Good win by the Flames after a bad game last night vs Ottawa. Players need to watch more on the new stick and facebook rule because they are having problem adapting to that new rule. Majority of Flames penalties are because of it. Not sure I am a fan of the new faceoff rule yet but I am sure we'll get used to it. Looks pretty simple to understand but I know some players are still having problem getting rid of their bad habits. I just hope the linesman drops the puck a lot faster though.
I was confused with why Freddie Hamilton is on the lineup before the game but I thought he did okay and made that 4th line with Brouwer and Glass much faster. Anyone know why Ferland were late scratch tonight? Anyways happy with the win, only complain I have was the amount of penalties. Smith was solid again.
Lower body injury.

Quote:
Ryan Leslie @ryanleslie73
Ferland out. Day to day. Lower body.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #89
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Flames improve to 4-2, 1st in the division.
Oilers fall to 1-4, 1 point ahead of Arizona for last in the league.
And we still see little tweaks to how we can get better. It's been a great start to the season, warts and all, especially with how Edmonton is doing.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #90
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Good win by the Flames after a bad game last night vs Ottawa. Players need to watch more on the new stick and facebook rule because they are having problem adapting to that new rule. Majority of Flames penalties are because of it. Not sure I am a fan of the new faceoff rule yet but I am sure we'll get used to it. Looks pretty simple to understand but I know some players are still having problem getting rid of their bad habits. I just hope the linesman drops the puck a lot faster though.
Word was a lower body injury.
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #91
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Ferland is back soon. Lazar was really ineffective tonight. 79-93-10 plz

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:06 PM   #92
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I think Versteeg has been slipping a bit. He hasn't looked very good the last 3 games.
This. I think Versteeg was a solid pickup and his contract is fantastic value for what he brings, but the past 2 or 3 games he's been handling the puck like a grenade. A lot of plays died on his stick tonight.

There are still a lot of holes in the Flames' game but I'll take the wins however we get them. The penalties need to stop. The PK was great tonight but do that against a better team and we'll get smoked.

I'm happy with a 4-2 start. When this team comes together it's going to be scary.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:07 PM   #93
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's nice going into a 4 day break with a 4-2 record. Team needs to be more discipline. Every penalty they got they deserved. Against an average team they probably lose the game.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:07 PM   #94
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Hey, a victory! They gave Frolik and Monahan assists on Hamonic's goal!

Now, if they could fix Monahan's goal, which currently reads "Hamilton from Frolik and Monahan". Not one of those is correct.
I have no idea how Bennett didn't get the 2nd assist on Hamilton's goal. They originally announced that goal as unassisted??? I think the scorekeepers were drunk tonight. Jesus, its not that hard
trumpethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #95
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I hope Ferland is back soon. Lazar was really ineffective tonight. 79-93-10 plz
Lazar was fine. Played very well. much better than Ferlands last two outings. Whats the infatuation with Ferland anyways? Wldly inconistent. Like bio polar with no middle ground for the guy, he wither sucks hard core or he's vancouver playoff series good. and we havent seen vancouver Ferland in a long...long time.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #96
squirtle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Move Bennett back to the wing to improve his confidence
squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #97
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edmonton sitting at 28th in the league.

Calgary 1st in The Pacific and tied in points for 2nd in the West and 9th overall league wide.

The world seems right again.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #98
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great win! I was both entertained and satisfied.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #99
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethead View Post
I have no idea how Bennett didn't get the 2nd assist on Hamilton's goal. They originally announced that goal as unassisted??? I think the scorekeepers were drunk tonight. Jesus, its not that hard
I see the argument for the Bennett exclusion as it looks like the Canuck defenseman might have been the one who pushed it back to Tkachuk.

The third goal is just inexcusable now. I mean, it's the friggin game-winner, too -- it should be Monahan's 22nd career game-winner. It should be Monahan from Hamilton and Gaudreau; instead, it says Hamilton -- unassisted.

IDK what the hell is happening tonight but hopefully it's fixed.

Edit: they've now renamed the video on NHL.com as "D. Hamilton pots long shot". WTF, NHL.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #100
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow man, they'll fix it. Who got the points matters more to the players than to us. They have bonus and awards that depend on points, I'm sure the teams will be on it. Enjoy the win.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nsd1 For This Useful Post: