Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2023, 01:21 PM   #7921
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
If they were being smart about this the NDP would have sat on it until just before advance polls open, too many people will forget about it by May.
That or they knew that CBC had a copy and were going to run with it and wanted to get in the drivers seat of the bus.

Last edited by Torture; 03-29-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:27 PM   #7922
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lmao at this not even being up on the Sun or Herald yet despite both ripe video and audio to comment on.

I'm sure there's a Leong or Bell article incoming talking about the NDP playing "dirty pool" or similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #7923
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Lmao at this not even being up on the Sun or Herald yet despite both ripe video and audio to comment on.

I'm sure there's a Leong or Bell article incoming talking about the NDP playing "dirty pool" or similar.
Postmedia be like

Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #7924
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who gave this video/audio to CBC? It looks like it was filmed where Arthur was speaking. Was he unhappy that Danielle wasn't coming through for him and so he released it?
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:40 PM   #7925
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
Who gave this video/audio to CBC? It looks like it was filmed where Arthur was speaking. Was he unhappy that Danielle wasn't coming through for him and so he released it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Well....there's this. It appears on his YT "tv" channel, found it linked on Twitter. So....a leak but not a leak, if someone just went searching enough?

ETA: Took me a while to find it again, because twitter's algorithm is so messed up right now, but Jonny Wakefield's account is where I found that video.
It's been an unlisted video on his friggin' YouTube account for 2 months because we're dealing with absolute brain geniuses here.

EDIT: For those who don't know, you can see Unlisted (not Private) videos on YouTube on less savvy channels because they get added after upload to the channels' default Playlist. They're super easy to find if you suspect there's something worth looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 01:45 PM   #7926
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Guys this is the CBC.

Should we not be questioning the validity of this blatant MSM trying to persuade public perception??
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:48 PM   #7927
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya, he hasn't been a happy with Smith for awhile, I think he expected instant pardons as soon as she was in.

Quote:
“That was what I was hoping Danielle Smith was going to do. Well, I’m not delusional anymore. I understand, I get it Danielle — you are a Kenney 2.0. We are not going to hope with you, we need to change this government,” he said, demanding that Smith step down from the premier’s office after she did not meet with pastors nor offer compensation.

“She can set me free. She promised that she will set me free before the election,” he said. Pawlowski now leads the Independence Party of Alberta, which has called on the government to drop charges against him, including one of mischief by inciting protestors to continue to block the lawful use of the highway leading to the international border crossing at Coutts, Alberta in early 2022.
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...mandate-pastor
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 01:54 PM   #7928
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find it mind boggling these self martyring fake pastors even registered as an issue worthy of the Premier's attention.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:02 PM   #7929
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
I find it mind boggling these self martyring fake pastors even registered as an issue worthy of the Premier's attention.
Tells you a lot about her priorities, doesn’t it?
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:10 PM   #7930
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Tells you a lot about her priorities, doesn’t it?
There was a time when Pawlowski would rant and rave with a bible in his hand on the corner of 1st and 8th ave, with his team cooking up free hot grub and beverages for anyone willing to listen to his brand of religious beliefs. Some people would be preaching with him, but often it was a free meal for street folks and anyone who could stand to listen for more than but a few minutes. It would at times be loud, and police would visit routinely, ensuring no bylaws were being broken. Or even putting up with the odd soapbox superstar who felt the cops needed Jesus in their lives.

I used to walk by him, his crew, and his hot dog stand, every day from work, and would just think not for me. Keep on walking. Not the type of crowd I need to engage. At all. Just this normal, big city eccentricity on a given downtown city sidewalk.

Well Danielle Smith needed to engage. Little did the good pastor know that his efforts wouldn't go unrewarded.

Gotta say, the close association between Bus Boobs and the leader of the Hot Dog Jamboree and how it may impact the provincial election in 2023 was not something I had on my bingo card.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 02:14 PM   #7931
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Also that her understanding of our political system was so laughably wrong that she apparently genuinely believed that provincial premiers have the power to pardon criminals like US presidents/governors do.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 02:19 PM   #7932
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
If they were being smart about this the NDP would have sat on it until just before advance polls open, too many people will forget about it by May.
They timed it to 2 months precisely because that's the typical forget cycle. IMO it means they have more goodies to drop too. Also, very likely that this is done at this stage to create panic among the party members and dissention from within. I am currently at a conference and 2 ADMs totally wigged out and left after seeing this news this morning.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 02:27 PM   #7933
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
They timed it to 2 months precisely because that's the typical forget cycle. IMO it means they have more goodies to drop too. Also, very likely that this is done at this stage to create panic among the party members and dissention from within. I am currently at a conference and 2 ADMs totally wigged out and left after seeing this news this morning.
What is an ADM?
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Vail For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 02:33 PM   #7934
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What is an ADM?
Assistant deputy minister?
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:53 PM   #7935
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
Looks like ol' Art isn't having the best of days:

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/artur-paw...arty-1.6334228
TIL that dude is only 50. Jeebus.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:58 PM   #7936
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
It's been an unlisted video on his friggin' YouTube account for 2 months because we're dealing with absolute brain geniuses here.

EDIT: For those who don't know, you can see Unlisted (not Private) videos on YouTube on less savvy channels because they get added after upload to the channels' default Playlist. They're super easy to find if you suspect there's something worth looking for.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 04:42 PM   #7937
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Also that her understanding of our political system was so laughably wrong that she apparently genuinely believed that provincial premiers have the power to pardon criminals like US presidents/governors do.
She was certain she'd read that in Alberta's constitution. Or one of its amendments.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 04:54 PM   #7938
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, no wonder it took Postmedia so long to report on this news. The amount of gaslighting, deflection and dismissal in the article, and making sure CBC is targeted, probably took some savvy editing to do.

Alberta Premier Smith discussed COVID charges 'almost weekly' with prosecutors: recording

https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...6-34145c7aa2f7
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #7939
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
She was certain she'd read that in Alberta's constitution. Or one of its amendments.
I'm sure its in the Magna Carta or something.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 05:25 PM   #7940
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Haha, no wonder it took Postmedia so long to report on this news. The amount of gaslighting, deflection and dismissal in the article, and making sure CBC is targeted, probably took some savvy editing to do.

Alberta Premier Smith discussed COVID charges 'almost weekly' with prosecutors: recording

https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...6-34145c7aa2f7
Quote:
Another instance of ‘imprecise language’: premier’s office
Trying to keep up here, that's code for "lying", right?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote