Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Exclamation Newer Downtown High Rise Condo's For Sale

I am working on creating a easy way for buyers to view condo's per building. It is in the very early stages and I will continue to add new condo's as time permits. Feel free to put in a suggestion for a condo you would like to see on the list.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I know there are other sources for this online however I have had great feedback for my layout/functionality for browsing properties.

Visit www.tmunroe.com and hover the mouse over Calgary Condo's. Select the building you want and browse available listings.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

New condo buildings worth adding:

-Keynote
-arriVa
-Vetro
-Sasso
-Nuera
-Castello
-Vantage Point (ugh)
-Stella/Nova/Luna
-Montana
-Colours
-Union Square
-Waterfront I & II
-Riverfront Pointe I & II

Last edited by Bigtime; 10-30-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a really slick system that makes it nice and easy to browse the units available!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
New condo buildings worth adding:

-Keynote
-arriVa
-Vetro
-Sasso
-Nuera
-Castello
-Vantage Point (ugh)
-Stella/Nova/Luna
-Montana
-Colours
-Union Square
-Waterfront I & II
-Riverfront Pointe I & II
Working on all of these, have half of them already.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 10-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great layout, looks good so far! Very easy to navigate. Keep up the good work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Language For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I am working on creating a easy way for buyers to view condo's per building. It is in the very early stages and I will continue to add new condo's as time permits. Feel free to put in a suggestion for a condo you would like to see on the list.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I know there are other sources for this online however I have had great feedback for my layout/functionality for browsing properties.

Visit www.tmunroe.com and hover the mouse over Calgary Condo's. Select the building you want and browse available listings.
Just an FYI - no apostrophe in condos. Not meaning to be a dbag but just figure you'd appreciate knowing so you can change the site.
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Agree with the others, this is great! makes it super easy to browse the available suites.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrCallahan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Wow. Your site is about 18 billion times better than last time I visited.

This tool is also pretty awesome and differentiates you from all the other Calgary Realtor sites out there. I hope the word spreads and you get yourself a bunch of hits/clients out of this. Also, if I was a prospective client, this demonstrates to me that you are hard working and also forward thinking instead of "here's my crappy $10 template site. Here's my listings"
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Gotta say, I love those DT penthouse condos.

$1500 a month in maintenance fees though? WTF!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You should make an archive of floor plans for each building. I don't know why every condo ad doesn't have a floor plan, it's so hard to get a good idea of what a place looks like from pictures. When I was looking for my condo I went to view several units and immediately disliked them simply because of the terrible floor plan. Could have saved a lot of time if realtors would just show the damn plan!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
-Vantage Point (ugh)
Okay, so I have to ask, why the ugh? I don't live there (I live in Discovery Pointe myself) but I am kicking around the idea of pursuing this unit.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Gotta say, I love those DT penthouse condos.

$1500 a month in maintenance fees though? WTF!!!!
It you are paying a couple million for a DT penthouse condo, $1500 a month is probably chump change. Remember that probably also includes downtown underground heated parking ($300-$400 value), utilities (often unlimited water + gas), building amenities (pool? gym?), lounge use, etc.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Okay, so I have to ask, why the ugh? I don't live there (I live in Discovery Pointe myself) but I am kicking around the idea of pursuing this unit.
Some people cringe when they see "Pointe" due to the developer. They were well known for the wrong reasons. Pointe Of View no longer exists and they started up again under Carlisle Group.
I can say first hand I know the quality is not the same and you get what you pay for. For the most part this is not POV/Carlisle's fault as they are not trying to build "high end condo's".
Every building is different and every building will have its issues regardless of the developer. I own a rental property that was built by POV. The condo was cheap enough and turns a nice enough monthly income that should issues come up I will be prepared to pay for them with the savings on the initial purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
It you are paying a couple million for a DT penthouse condo, $1500 a month is probably chump change. Remember that probably also includes downtown underground heated parking ($300-$400 value), utilities (often unlimited water + gas), building amenities (pool? gym?), lounge use, etc.
Don't forget unlimited heat (with most of them as well). People are so quick to jump to complaints about condo fees until you realize that in most cases, they are cheaper than if you didnt have condo fees and had to pay for everything they include on separate bills.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #14
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Don't forget unlimited heat (with most of them as well). People are so quick to jump to complaints about condo fees until you realize that in most cases, they are cheaper than if you didnt have condo fees and had to pay for everything they include on separate bills.
I'm in that situation and I'm actually coming out on top in terms of what I would have had to pay for downtown parking, gym fees, water, natural gas, heat, concierge services, etc. if I were to pay for that separately.

The other thing with downtown living (if you work downtown) is you save ridiculous amounts of money on gas for your vehicle if you don't need to commute every day.

I'm always trying to get more people to live downtown as increasing the population will also increase the amount of services, shops, and hopefully encourage businesses to not close up every day at 5PM when the office workers leave.