Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #1221
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it was in, and I don’t want VAR at all. I just want to see as a viewer.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #1222
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Damn. Oh well.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #1223
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

That stoppage time was a joke, as usual. There should’ve been another minute or two.

Honestly, Pacific is a good team and full credit to them though. Tough way to lose with that weird goal, but I’ll be pulling for them going forward.

And good season for the Cavs. I hope we strengthen over the off-season and hang on to some players like Klomp and Yao. I know that’s a bit of a long shot, but Yao has been so good for us!
Old 11-20-2021, 03:58 PM   #1224
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

That’s incredibly frustrating. The better team didn’t win but that’s been the story of the season this year. It also feels like we didn’t get a close call go out way all season.

I enjoyed getting out and cheering on the boys, was real nice coming out of Covid.

Onto next year… hopefully we bring in some attackers that pan out. Need to retool the squad, get younger and faster.

Edit: in or out (looks out on the Onesoccer Instagram reply to me) Carducci can’t be beaten like that. He had a few tough moments this year

Last edited by M*A*S*H 4077; 11-20-2021 at 04:01 PM.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:15 PM   #1225
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t know. It’s frustrating, but I think Pacific is just better than us and played well today. They’ve got a few players that I’d love to see here, and I do really like the way their setup. It’s not boring, defence first and they come forward and play a fast paced game from what I’ve seen.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:21 PM   #1226
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don’t know. It’s frustrating, but I think Pacific is just better than us and played well today. They’ve got a few players that I’d love to see here, and I do really like the way their setup. It’s not boring, defence first and they come forward and play a fast paced game from what I’ve seen.
They also did it without Marco Bustos.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 04:22 PM   #1227
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

This league needs more Pa Modou Kahs.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #1228
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
This league needs more Pa Modou Kahs.
Purely as a fan (never met the man), he seems like a kind, genuine person. Obviously he likes winning and he’s competitive, but he doesn’t seem to be a jerk at all. He seems like a great person and his players seem like they’d go through a wall for him as a result.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 04:34 PM   #1229
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

That was a pretty lame goal to go out on. Both goals against were hotly contested by our players, but it was impossible to tell live if the calls were right or not.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #1230
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bad call or no bad call, the right team won. Cavalry didn't show up to play when it mattered. Story of their season.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 05:19 PM   #1231
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

We just don’t attack enough. Winning 1-0 with a set piece goal every game just doesn’t work. Fun season though. We should be looking at adding some attack minded player this off season.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #1232
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Interesting game. Pacific started much better than us. We were better in the second half. I think the ultimate difference was the midfields. Aparicio was man of the match in my books and we didn't really have that player to link defence and attack the way he did. No Ledgerwood and Adekugbe and a Di Chiara who didn't really play up to expectations meant that Loturi was really the key man in our central midfield. He has massive potential considering how impactful he is in such a key position at such a young age.

There can't be any excuses though, regardless of whether the ball was in or out on the winning goal. Carducci was standing up with his hand in the air appealing for offside before the ball would have crossed the line, if it did. In real time, I also thought it was clearly going out but it ended up a lot closer than that. I think that's why there's such controversy; Dada-Luke had no business getting to that ball the way he did, but that's what happened. It looked like a goal kick was a foregone conclusion (hence the arms in the air) but ended up a lot closer than that.

Anyway, I'm a season ticket holder and enjoy the games and atmosphere. We're a contender as things stand now but I think a lot will hinge on what Tommy does over the winter. How many of Klomp, Farsi and Yao will return? Will Mason be back (I have no idea about his contract status)? Will Novak and Di Chiara return after not really performing to expectations? We shall see.

Last edited by ditty; 11-20-2021 at 06:10 PM.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #1233
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd also like to see Ali Musse brought back. I like his skillset for this team (when he's healthy of course). Oh, and favourite player by far is Joe Mason - high quality for this league.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:50 PM   #1234
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will be an interesting offseason given the large amount of roster turnover from last year. Hopefully Tommy actually addresses the attack instead of focusing on signing every defensive midfielder available to him.

Who I want back: Carducci, Klomp, Trafford, Ledgerwood, Minatel, Camargo, Escalante, Loturi, Mason, Farsi, Yao

Indifferent: Apostol, Adekugbe, Kaiser, Simmons, Fisk, Selemani, Norman, Piepgrass, Reas-Do

Who I want gone: Field, Novak, Musse, Di Chiara, Hernandez, Luca

I put Trafford and Ledgerwood in the who I want back bucket, but I hope they are on reduced roles next year. We can't rely on them to stay healthy anymore but they still bring lots to the team when they are. I would love Yao back, but think he may be ready for MLS.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2021, 12:18 AM   #1235
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Looking on Transfermarkt, all players are out of contract at the end of the month except for the following players who have contracts through til the end of Nov. 2022: Field, Di Chiara, Norman Jr. and Luca.

It's gonna be really interesting to see who's back and who's not.

I've heard that Farsi has gotten interest outside the CPL and will have some options. I would be more surprised than not if he's back.

Klomp is gonna be interesting. His career was kind of resurrected by coming here. He's clearly a stand out player in the CPL but I wonder what kind of options he'll have. He's not a typical, physical centre back but his passing and skill are above this league, IMO.

I have no idea whether Yao will be back. His contract with CF Montreal expires at the end of the year. Would Montreal sign him and loan him for another full season? I can't see them giving up on him after he did well here but I guess he'll get to ultimately decide.

Last edited by ditty; 11-21-2021 at 12:24 AM.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:35 AM   #1236
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I thought they got the tactics totally wrong in the first half. The central midfield was barren. Everything had to go to the wings. Way too predictable. Going to a back 4 and having an extra central midfield player in the second half set up much better.

I'm sure Carducci is feeling awful. You just can't be standing straight up with your hand in the air appealing for a whistle when you're the last line of defense. You may even be right that the ball is out, but that's an easy save if he keeps playing.

Joe Mason also needs to do way more with his half chances. Never seemed the same after the injury.

Minatel looked dynamic. What a shame he wasn't fully fit a few games ago.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2021, 06:47 PM   #1237
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forge won over York. Just hand the title to Forge, and why not next year's title and the year after that's title too.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #1238
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I'm sure the league would love to see a Forge three-peat.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:40 PM   #1239
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have never once really rooted for a team that won much of anything in my lifetime. I had really hoped Cavalry would break that trend. Watching them lose was agony.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:39 PM   #1240
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roster updates!

Bummer about Yao and Farsi, although I think we all knew Yao would go back to Montreal, and Farsi would move on to a better level. I am pumped Hernandez is gone, offered nothing when he was on the pitch. Luca was never a fit and his absence in the semifinals was glaring. Selemani showed some flashes at times but ultimately didn't do much in attack. Apostol seemed a good last minute pickup, but I heard he was actually on loan from the Whitecaps.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1464026359609524224

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:

Tags
cavalry fc , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good