Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2020, 10:26 AM   #1
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
lanny I am starting a one-show hockey goalies band...CP, can you lend a hand?

Hey CP!

Happy 2020 to you beauties. I have posted here about my bands Go For The Eyes, The EmoTiona(L)s (my one-off boy band to raise $ for Allies for Autism) and betaboys. With a new year, it is time for a new, zany one-off project to come to fruition!

I am going to make a band featuring goalies from different eras of hockey. For example, you would have the drummer wearing Sears catalogues as pads, and the old school gloves to facilitate drumming. You may have the 70's style goalie playing keyboards, doing a sick keyboard sweep with the waffle blocker. Gatorade water bottles over top of microphones. Amps designed to look like nets. The possibility of any goalie getting the hook at any time.. The hilarity knows no bounds. It is (strangely) the most ambitious musical project I have undertaken yet.

I have the bands sorted out. What I'm asking for is anyone who may have some gear from the 60's-90's and would be willing to lend it to us for this project. I am open to working out some $ deals as well. I recently bought a pair of Cooper deer-hide pads for $15 of Kijiji (!) and am looking to accumulate equipment well in advance. If you have anything, or know someone you think can help out, it would be greatly appreicated. I figured there was no better place to reach out than this community!

I would like this "show" to be for charity and if we can combine that with Halloween...even better. I think this will be, at a miniimum, very silly, and a lot of fun. Thank you for any support, my friends! I will definitely keep you updated on this. I am looking forward to bringing this idea to life!

Scotty

*Mods, I totally get if this is in the wrong Forum, just posted where I thought it made the most sense. Please move the thread if you feel it belongs somewhere else!
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't help you, but this idea is f'ing brilliant! I want to see this show!

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
I can't help you, but this idea is f'ing brilliant! I want to see this show!
Thank you! If people can help somehow, great, and if not that’s totally ok! CP was the first place I wanted to announce the idea and put some feelers out there! It will all work itself out. The key is to make it happen...with a few Hextall slashes along the way!
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote