Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2020, 01:31 AM   #21
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Holy fata what am I missing with Mad Max: Fury Road? Or is it a meme or something to put it on your list? I thought it was lame, boring, stupid and vapid.
I thought it was ok.

Same with Dunkirk, which everybody seemed to think was incredible. I thought the sound design was great, everything else was just ok.

Last edited by AC; 01-07-2020 at 01:38 AM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #22
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Fury road was a dead simple action movie that played to it's strengths the whole way through. It had a seamless blend of great practical effects and top notch CG. It completely immerses the viewer by making this whacky post-apocalyptic world feel like a living place by filling it with so much nuance and character. It allows the viewer to enjoy a thrilling movie without ever making them feel dumb, because everything about it is so meticulously crafted.

Now post a list or git'out.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #23
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Fury road was a dead simple action movie that played to it's strengths the whole way through. It had a seamless blend of great practical effects and top notch CG. It completely immerses the viewer by making this whacky post-apocalyptic world feel like a living place by filling it with so much nuance and character. It allows the viewer to enjoy a thrilling movie without ever making them feel dumb, because everything about it is so meticulously crafted.

Now post a list or git'out.
Well, it didn't immerse me. It just looked like drama geeks acting like tits.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #24
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I thought the movie had a lot of heart as well, particularly with the Furiosa character (Charlize Theron) and her growing bond with Max as the movie progresses. I really liked Nicholas Hoult's character as well.

Also, the practical stunt work was some of the best ever put on film. If you're an action junkie, this movie delivered everything you'd want and then some.

direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #25
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Well, it didn't immerse me. It just looked like drama geeks acting like tits.

That's cool, but it's not a list.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #26
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought it was good. I think it has some substance and subtleties people might be overlooking. Not saying it's Citizen Kane, but to say it's vapid and stupid is off base.
My issue with it, like most movies these days, too much CG. Doubt there is a frame that is straight from the negative. Extreme color grading and bad backgrounds ruin it IMO.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote