Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default South Park

so if the season premier is any indication, this season should be just as good as the last. i think that had to be Butters' best episode ever, all his scenes were gold. and i still laugh everytime i picture Kenny dead in that Batman suit
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
nik-
Franchise Player
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exp:
Default

How can you not have Butter's Bottom Bitch as the best Butters episode ever?

Do you know what I am saying?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

I really liked most of the episode last night, but I thought it dragged in parts. But Butters obsession with bush was hilarious as was the brilliant eye movement when people were lying.

And I knew that Kenny was going to die in a batman suit eventually, the fact that they buried him in it wa a little gross.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
How can you not have Butter's Bottom Bitch as the best Butters episode ever?

Do you know what I am saying?
i think that episode was a little overshadowed by the police detective, and probably the worst visual scene in any South Park episode (even worse than Randy's quest for internet porn)
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
flip
Lifetime Suspension
 
flip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sec 216
Exp:
Default

I thought the episode last night was ok. Not a classic by any means but certainly pretty solid.

Is Comedy Network going to continue with new episodes on Sunday nights? New shows air on Comedy Central on Wed and for the Comedy Network moving new episodes from Saturday nights to Sunday nights it appears they are going head to head with Family Guy which is also on at 10pm.

Although Comedy Network ususally shows the new episodes like 4 times on Sunday so there are multiple opportunities to watch.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
GreenLantern
One of the Nine
 
GreenLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Space Sector 2814
Exp:
Default

It's always up on torrent either late Wed night or early Thursday night.

And ya that episode was awesome, my favourite part was when they were playing the new Tiger Woods video game. Cartman, priceless.
__________________
"In brightest day, in blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Jayems
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Last night was the first true experience of using Vuze streaming. downloaded the episode, turned on my xbox, and boom: Watching it on the TV from my couch instead of in the computer room. It was a great moment. No encoding, no burning.

Thought the episode was okay, not the best by any stretch. But I laughed.

Sad to see Randy had a small part because I look forward to his antics every show. He is hands down the best character (IMO) on that show.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayems For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

I'm glad a thread was started about this, the season premier was hilarious!! That's seriously the hardest I've laughed at a new Southpark episode in a couple years. I know its basic humour, but just the look on the chimp's face and his little strut as he walked from girl to girl nailing them had me practically rolling on the floor. And Butters trimming his little Bonzai tree was way too funny.

While its still funny(especially considering its year 14. Simpsons was done by 10), I think Southpark's been beginning to drop a bit the past couple seasons. But that past one gives me hope.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: slightly to the left
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'm glad a thread was started about this, the season premier was hilarious!! That's seriously the hardest I've laughed at a new Southpark episode in a couple years. I know its basic humour, but just the look on the chimp's face and his little strut as he walked from girl to girl nailing them had me practically rolling on the floor. And Butters trimming his little Bonzai tree was way too funny.

While its still funny(especially considering its year 14. Simpsons was done by 10), I think Southpark's been beginning to drop a bit the past couple seasons. But that past one gives me hope.
not last year. Whale Whores, The F-Word, Eat-Pray-Queef, Fishsticks, all incredibly awesome. i think last season as a whole was my favorite so far
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
Sad to see Randy had a small part because I look forward to his antics every show. He is hands down the best character (IMO) on that show.
Agreed, I've thought this for years(doesn't hurt he looks almost exactly like my old man haha). Randy, Cartman and Butters are the three pillars of that show. Its interesting to see how SP has really altered who its focused on over the years. When you watch the first few seasons, Stan and Kyle are definitely the main characters, with Cartman and Butters playing comic relief. Now Stan is basically a secondary character, and Kyle does little more than play the moral foil to Cartman.

The show seems to basically take turns building episodes around Cartman, Butters or Randy, which is great. I think its awesome Stone and Parker realized who their top characters are and altered the show around them(like Family Guy moving from Peter-centered to Brian & Stewie-centered a few years back). My only request is for them to use Jimmy more. Man that guy cracks me up. The 3 I can think of where the episodes focused mainly around him(Cripples, Erection Day and the Special Olympics one) are all-time.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
not last year. Whale Whores, The F-Word, Eat-Pray-Queef, Fishsticks, all incredibly awesome. i think last season as a whole was my favorite so far
Fair enough. For me, I just think its getting a little preachy, and current events & celebrity-based. Its still gold for sure, but when I watch older ones I just find them a lot funnier. I'm a season 6 man myself(Jared Has Aides, Asspen-my all-time favourite, Professor Chaos, The Simpsons Already Did It, Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society, The Fellowship of the Ring(aka "Backdoor Sluts 9"), My Future Self And Me). For me, seasons 6-8'ish was the pinnacle of SP. I'll give it credit though. Considering its season 14 and its still this funny is amazing. Both Simpsons and Family Guy bottomed out way before that.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player
 
Yeah_Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hosting a French Salon.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Fair enough. For me, I just think its getting a little preachy, and current events & celebrity-based. Its still gold for sure, but when I watch older ones I just find them a lot funnier. I'm a season 6 man myself(Jared Has Aides, Asspen-my all-time favourite, Professor Chaos, The Simpsons Already Did It, Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society, The Fellowship of the Ring(aka "Backdoor Sluts 9"), My Future Self And Me). For me, seasons 6-8'ish was the pinnacle of SP. I'll give it credit though. Considering its season 14 and its still this funny is amazing. Both Simpsons and Family Guy bottomed out way before that.
Hasn't South Park always been preachy? But they were smart about (which makes it awesome) as opposed to another animated comedy show that is written by Manatees.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
To be fair, Yeah_Baby is the resident hipster, he only likes the Flames ironically.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
PyramidsofMars
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I'm going to exaggerate something completely reasonable and real and make it sound really ridiculous!!!! Because that is what comedy is all about, right?!!!!!!

All this show has done for the past five years is peddle misinformation disguised as wisdom, and pat itself on the back for putting out 20 minutes of absurdly obvious comedy a week.
PyramidsofMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension
 
ResAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidsofMars View Post
I'm going to exaggerate something completely reasonable and real and make it sound really ridiculous!!!! Because that is what comedy is all about, right?!!!!!!

All this show has done for the past five years is peddle misinformation disguised as wisdom, and pat itself on the back for putting out 20 minutes of absurdly obvious comedy a week.
Do you have a specific example that set you off? Obviously you've got a problem with the show. I love the show, freaking hilarious.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
SteveToms
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Do you have a specific example that set you off? Obviously you've got a problem with the show. I love the show, freaking hilarious.
South Park raped his mother, and killed his father.
SteveToms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
nik-
Franchise Player
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exp:
Default

he's probably a Scientologist.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #17
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!
 
Bill Bumface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidsofMars View Post
I'm going to exaggerate something completely reasonable and real and make it sound really ridiculous!!!! Because that is what comedy is all about, right?!!!!!!

All this show has done for the past five years is peddle misinformation disguised as wisdom, and pat itself on the back for putting out 20 minutes of absurdly obvious comedy a week.
We have a turd in the punchbowl... I repeat, we have a turd in the punchbowl.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
PyramidsofMars
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Do you have a specific example that set you off? Obviously you've got a problem with the show. I love the show, freaking hilarious.
I haven't 'got a problem' with the show. I used to love it, and I think the movie is in its own way the best screen musical since Singin' in the Rain.

I think the sex addiction and alcoholism episodes qualify, and I'm too busy to bother with arguing why they qualify or why other episodes qualify.
PyramidsofMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player
 
Yeah_Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hosting a French Salon.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Do you have a specific example that set you off? Obviously you've got a problem with the show. I love the show, freaking hilarious.
When Chef left South Park lost its only visible minority.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
To be fair, Yeah_Baby is the resident hipster, he only likes the Flames ironically.
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #20
burn_this_city
Franchise Player
 
burn_this_city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveToms View Post
South Park raped his mother, and killed his father.
The show killed his family and they were fed to him in a chili cookoff.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021