Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-25-2021, 10:21 PM   #9141
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Why are people so afraid of declining things?

My wife was complaining about 7 am meetings with company folk in Toronto and I asked if she ever declined the meeting and she said no. If you don’t decline meetings (or calls) people will continue to walk over you.

What happened when she finally declined the 7 am meetings? They moved them to 9 am or later Calgary time because they needed her there.

I don’t think anybody is afraid to decline anything. For the Teams’ calls, if I am not ready, I just have to ignore it. I found it annoying not to preface it with a message first like, “hey, is now a good time?”
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 10:51 PM   #9142
81MC
First Line Centre

Exp:

Son of a bitch Dominos.

It’s like they have a cap on toppings, where no matter what the pizza order is there can never be more than $0.60 worth, and the punishment for any employees who flirt with a tsp. more than the ‘just enough to avoid the customer throwing our pie back in our face’ rations is death.

Full priced fancy ass pizza? Lolz, you’ll get bare areas and less cheese than a poverty stricken poutine, and you’ll like it.
Fn ‘coupon’ for multiple pies? Nah man, it’s really more like the toppings for one small pizza spread out over how ever many you actually order.
Kk, pizza with extra cheese, that has to do it? Oh, you wanted sauce on your pizza? We can’t do cheese annndddds sauce, that’ll cut into our profit margin of a thousand percent.

#### man. Put in a 14 hour day, get home way too late for what I had planned for dinner and my reward is this whack ass ####ing pizza. F you guys man.

It’s like, $50 to get two half decent pizzas now anywhere in the city. But next time I’ll go hungry before ordering form this crackpot pseudo-pizza lame ass cheap ass cardboard cutout of a pizza place.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:55 PM   #9143
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fast food pizza I am still a sucker for pizza hut.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 11:07 PM   #9144
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems like with a lot of these chains the quality can vary significantly depending on the franchise owner. Domino's is my go to chain pizza place but the store near me does a pretty good job most of the time. There was a few times that new employees screwed up my pizzas but they learn quickly. I've had some awful pizzas at some Domino's locations though.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:15 PM   #9145
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Dominos is a classics-only pizza place, imo.

Pepperoni, cheese, hawaiian, etc. As soon as you get anything outside normal is plummet downhill.

Good pizza for whatever their usual deal is ($7 each if you order at least two).
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 11:21 PM   #9146
RichieRich
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Panago gluten and dairy free for the win.

And yes, there is something left other than a pile of saucy toppings.

Never mind nobody else does it within reasonable distance or cost.
RichieRich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:28 PM   #9147
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Fast food pizza I am still a sucker for pizza hut.
I'm partial to Pizza Hut myself, but when I want to authentic its tough to beat Sbarro's.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:06 AM   #9148
DoubleF
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
They did a study and it turns out it is actually the best.

The score is insane, too.

Sit back and enjoy this:

There are some other nice versions on pipe organs, with choirs/orchestras, etc.

If you like, I don't mind posting little tidbits about the movie regularly. Scores. Factoids. Clips. LMK
I've been having a hell of a time finding an epic organ version of the interstellar theme. I remember watching the clip of the composing the song and discussing the meta of how an organ breathes to produce sound and there's limited air in space or whatever... that part of the interview stuck out to me. The version in that video clip has lots of air sounds in it and is super epic, but I've somehow never found a similar version elsewhere on Youtube or spotify etc.

EDIT:

starting at 3:18

Last edited by DoubleF; 11-26-2021 at 01:17 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #9149
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I don’t think anybody is afraid to decline anything. For the Teams’ calls, if I am not ready, I just have to ignore it. I found it annoying not to preface it with a message first like, “hey, is now a good time?”
Yeah it’s more about wanting to take that call but needing 5-10 minutes to wrap something up first.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #9150
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I’m starting to loathe Teams. Back in the stately era of email, soon meant an action or response was expected within 24 hours, and immediate meant within an hour or so. With Slack and Teams the default communication tools, soon means within an hour, and immediate means NOW. So my hours are shredded with unceasing NOW demands.
We've been using teams a lot now.. even for file sharing etc. But now they're all in different teams 'groups', so when you need a file, you have no idea where it is vs the old shared drives. Which was never perfect but could be improved. But with so much crossover, I have no idea what teams 'group', channel, folder, whatever to goto. On top of that if you don't pick 'open in sharepoint or app', your teams window is stuck on that screen only so you can't to @#$! anything else at the same time.

End rant :d
Old 11-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #9151
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I've been having a hell of a time finding an epic organ version of the interstellar theme. I remember watching the clip of the composing the song and discussing the meta of how an organ breathes to produce sound and there's limited air in space or whatever... that part of the interview stuck out to me. The version in that video clip has lots of air sounds in it and is super epic, but I've somehow never found a similar version elsewhere on Youtube or spotify etc.

EDIT:

starting at 3:18
The track at 3:18 is “Mountains” from the soundtrack (the ticking in this added so much to the intensity of the scene and the race against time. I’ve read online that the ticks are each approximately one day on earth): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ay_iDRAbc
“No Time For Caution” is equally as epic and only slightly different (more strings, less clock effect): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

This entire soundtrack is one of the greatest pieces of music ever created. I listen to it weekly.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 11-26-2021 at 09:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #9152
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Black Friday grinds my gears.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:25 AM   #9153
DoubleF
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
The track at 3:18 is “Mountains” from the soundtrack (the ticking in this added so much to the intensity of the scene and the race against time): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ay_iDRAbc
“No Time For Caution” is equally as epic and only slightly different (more strings, less clock effect): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

This entire soundtrack is one of the greatest pieces of music ever created. I listen to it weekly.
Yeah, what I'm looking for doesn't exist.

Basically a version that has a base like mountains with the ticking clock device, the epic crescendo and pinnacle of the docking scene (without the weird random shut off ending) and sort of ending/transition of No time for caution.

One of the problems I have is that many versions have the organ in it, but it doesn't have the right whooshing "breath" in it in the same way as that behind the scenes clip. If that makes sense.

Essentially like a ticking clock without air, then suddenly bursting past whatever it is and taking deep nearly panicked breaths and a slower reversal and slow calming once the breath stabilizes... if that makes any sense.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 09:41 AM   #9154
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

This makes me want to watch Interstellar AND Dunkirk again. Two of the best sounding films I've ever seen (and, you know, totally fantastic beyond that as well).
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #9155
Inglewood Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
We've been using teams a lot now.. even for file sharing etc. But now they're all in different teams 'groups', so when you need a file, you have no idea where it is vs the old shared drives. Which was never perfect but could be improved. But with so much crossover, I have no idea what teams 'group', channel, folder, whatever to goto. On top of that if you don't pick 'open in sharepoint or app', your teams window is stuck on that screen only so you can't to @#$! anything else at the same time.

End rant :d
tips from a super biased Teams fan

1. the search functionality has been steadily improving over time and is a big help for finding files and conversations over a large number of teams/channels/threads. make sure to hit Enter to display the full search results screen

2. you can default opening files into browser or app.

https://natechamberlain.com/2021/10/...erpoint-files/

this function has been out long enough that hopefully your organization has it by now. all I want now is for the meeting creation box to have popout functionality, so I can look at the calendar and chats at the same time. but I realize a lot of this is basically recreating Outlook so it will take time.
Inglewood Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #9156
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Yeah, what I'm looking for doesn't exist.

Basically a version that has a base like mountains with the ticking clock device, the epic crescendo and pinnacle of the docking scene (without the weird random shut off ending) and sort of ending/transition of No time for caution.

One of the problems I have is that many versions have the organ in it, but it doesn't have the right whooshing "breath" in it in the same way as that behind the scenes clip. If that makes sense.

Essentially like a ticking clock without air, then suddenly bursting past whatever it is and taking deep nearly panicked breaths and a slower reversal and slow calming once the breath stabilizes... if that makes any sense.
Well looks like we tied this all off with a gear grinder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #9157
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

This organ one is pretty sick. This dude is a major talent. Didn't realize there was so much foot work involved in playing a church organ.

Gotta listen to it loud.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #9158
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Nolan kinda sucks. Easily the most overrated director in Hollywood.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:35 AM   #9159
Ashartus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Nolan kinda sucks. Easily the most overrated director in Hollywood.
I think it isn't so much that he sucks as he has some distinct characteristics to his movies that stand out the first couple of times but wear thin after the fifth or sixth movie in the same style. See also Zach Snyder and M. Night Shyamalan.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:40 AM   #9160
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Tampons, Condoms, & Birth Control should be government supplied.
That's Commie talk.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote