Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #4701
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
After beating Demon's Souls, I developed bit of an itch to play other FromSoft games. Immediately booted up Bloodborne and have been having a good time with that so far. I had no idea I was such a sucker for punishment.
Bloodborne is one of the best games I've ever played. There's just so much depth and a rich backstory to the characters.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #4702
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
After beating Demon's Souls, I developed bit of an itch to play other FromSoft games. Immediately booted up Bloodborne and have been having a good time with that so far. I had no idea I was such a sucker for punishment.
I've played demons souls, dark souls 1, 2 and 3, bloodborne and Sekiro from Fromsoftware. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment and the games were quite challenging and frustrating at times, but you take a break and go back later. When you crush it, it'll feel so good. I felt I could never be totally defeated by a video game.

I grab a black Friday deal for a Nintendo Switch game. Less than 15 minutes into story mode, I defeat Dragaux on intense...

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment and the game was quite challenging and frustrating at times, but take a break and go back later. When I crush it, it'll feel so good. I should never be totally defeated by a video game.

I guess I'm super out of shape... Ring Fit adventure, you will not defeat me!!!
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #4703
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay's Beagle View Post
Reviews for Far Cry 6 have started to filter out. Not surprising to me at least but right now its sitting at about 7/10.

I loved Far Cry 3, loved the setting of Far Cry 5 but really since the 3rd one they have done very little to change things up. I will probably get this game to as I am still sucker but I will wait for black friday or boxing day when it is cheaper to get it.
Well I did do what I said I was going to do. I bought Far Cry 6 on Playstation store black friday.

I have to say though, so far I am really enjoying this. It has a better feel than 4 or 5. The biggest criticism for me is the lack of a skill tree. Instead they give you gear that has upgrades. Also I find it weird but you always have access to all your guns at any time. Need a rocket launcher even though you brought a sniper rifle and machine guns, no problem.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #4704
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I've played demons souls, dark souls 1, 2 and 3, bloodborne and Sekiro from Fromsoftware. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment and the games were quite challenging and frustrating at times, but you take a break and go back later. When you crush it, it'll feel so good. I felt I could never be totally defeated by a video game.

I grab a black Friday deal for a Nintendo Switch game. Less than 15 minutes into story mode, I defeat Dragaux on intense...

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment and the game was quite challenging and frustrating at times, but take a break and go back later. When I crush it, it'll feel so good. I should never be totally defeated by a video game.

I guess I'm super out of shape... Ring Fit adventure, you will not defeat me!!!
Bloodborne is awesome so far, but my twitch speed reflexes aren't that great anymore. I'm definitely over levelled from all the videos I see online for this point in this game (just killed Vicar Amelia), but I don't care. It's still super challenging and fun. Each boss kill makes me feel like a God.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 12:47 PM   #4705
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, this looks incredible.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #4706
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Is Halo CTF any fun? Was thinking of trying Halo Infinite's multiplayer for CTF. The one map I saw looked super small though, not sure if I'd like that.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:58 AM   #4707
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Is Halo CTF any fun? Was thinking of trying Halo Infinite's multiplayer for CTF. The one map I saw looked super small though, not sure if I'd like that.
Not calling you out specifically as fair enough you want some feedback but I always thought it was weird to look for opinions on a free game that only takes hard drive space and time to download to try, unless you have internet limitations.

I haven't played much but of the maps I tried the smaller ones just seem to have more lanes to make up for it, they all seem fun to me and I'm not a big halo fan.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 08:38 AM   #4708
photon

Exp:

Haha fair enough, I guess I've let you glimpse the true depths of my laziness.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 09:00 AM   #4709
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
It’s really well done. I’d recommend the “find a group” function, as I was able to link up with some Big Team Battle people who I play with regularly now.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LIP MAN For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 09:02 AM   #4710
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I started playing Yakuza on Game Pass. After the incredibly long cutscenes to start, I’m at the point where there’s more gameplay and … this game is f-cking hilarious.
Which Yakuza did you start with? I would say Yakuza 0 is still my favorite game in the franchise and the best intro to new players to the universe.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:20 AM   #4711
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Which Yakuza did you start with? I would say Yakuza 0 is still my favorite game in the franchise and the best intro to new players to the universe.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon; I've never played a Yakuza game until now, so this is my first exposure to the series. My understanding is that this game is a bit of a departure from the traditional Yakuza gameplay, being turn-based battle.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #4712
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Yakuza: Like a Dragon; I've never played a Yakuza game until now, so this is my first exposure to the series. My understanding is that this game is a bit of a departure from the traditional Yakuza gameplay, being turn-based battle.
Yes Like a Dragon is hilarious and fun, but it's more of a turn-based Final Fantasy Tactics game.

The original Yakuza (0-6 and spin offs like Judgement) are more of a Final Fight type brawler mixed with RPG.

I am a fan of both but I am a little burnt out after having played like 5 of them and the series is always set in the same locales (which makes for easy development I guess as they recycle the map).
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:47 AM   #4713
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, that Final Fantasy-esque gameplay is what does it for me with Like A Dragon.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:26 PM   #4714
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

Well, this looks incredible.
It's a riot. Lots of fun so far.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:01 PM   #4715
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

EA and DICE making changes after how badly Battlefield 2042 flopped

https://www.techspot.com/news/92481-...tion-dice.html
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #4716
photon

Exp:

This seems pretty cool

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #4717
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

NHL '22 X-Factor Edition (gives you both X1 and XS versions) is for sale right now, 45% off at $71.49, which is less than EA was asking for just the X1 version.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #4718
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

This showed up in my Youtube feed, and it's been an awesome last hour at work as a result

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #4719
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Psyonix made a 2D Rocket League for mobile and it's awesome. And I typically hate mobile games. Check it out!

OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:01 PM   #4720
Ashes
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Halo Infinite full release day today [December 8th], I've been playing the free multiplayer beta since is launched a few weeks ago and as a lifelong halo fan I have to say, without a doubt this is the best halo game that 343 have produced so far IMO.

Maps on Multiplayer are hit/miss, but there are a few GREAT additions (sorry, don't have the names on-hand) but the game balancing is already starting out in a great place considering we haven't even had a first patch yet. Would love to see a dedicated "Slayer" playlist added if it hasn't been added today already, since that's the true essence of Halo Multiplayer. But it does come up in Quick Battle playlists.

Also I think they need to sort out the "Ranked" system, right now you're committed to Team BR's with no radar.. I think that changes if Reddit is any indication. Should just go back to 5v5 slayer with radar, and with dedicated ranking system

And to think.. all it took was hiring the previous head of Bungie to come back and sort out the mess that was 343's version of Halo!

No jetpacks, no weird spartan smash, no loadouts, traditional grenade and jumping mechanics are back, split screen is back, cross-platform is enabled, man.. been waiting for the natural successor to H3 for a long time, I think they nailed it so far.
Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashes For This Useful Post: