Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-07-2021, 05:25 PM   #1881
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have no idea why, but I felt a 10x needed a bit of recognition. I’m ecstatic if one of my “normal” stocks goes 10X, but it usually takes at least a decade.
Reggie28 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie28 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2021, 06:21 PM   #1882
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie28 View Post
Nice call, 10X in six weeks. Are you going to trim a little, all of it, or let it ride?
Im staking some for a year on CoinMetro and for now I’ll just keep holding. Im mining it, so I might take some to cover the costs for the miners. I think this will be a solid long term play, could be top 10 play in the future and still early.

Had a bit of a violent climb today, and now dip so maybe we see some good consolidation entry opportunities.
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:23 PM   #1883
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie28 View Post
I have no idea why, but I felt a 10x needed a bit of recognition. I’m ecstatic if one of my “normal” stocks goes 10X, but it usually takes at least a decade.
I honestly didn’t expect it to climb this fast, that’s why I went for the miners instead of loading more tokens upfront. I think people are just finding it now and see the potential; it hasn’t even hit a tier 1 exchange yet.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #1884
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

https://kadena.io/roadmap/
Old 11-07-2021, 06:35 PM   #1885
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

I don't know if anyone else has $HNT or Helium mines but it's well over doubled in the past 48hrs.

I've had a Nebra miner on order since April... still waiting. My sister ordered a Bobcat 300 Miner a month after I ordered mine and has had hers for over two months now. She just cashed some out to cover her initial investment.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 07:27 PM   #1886
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by underGRADFlame View Post
I don't know if anyone else has $HNT or Helium mines but it's well over doubled in the past 48hrs.

I've had a Nebra miner on order since April... still waiting. My sister ordered a Bobcat 300 Miner a month after I ordered mine and has had hers for over two months now. She just cashed some out to cover her initial investment.
Myself and a co-worker each got 3 bobcat miners about 2 months ago. The output has been a little slower than we'd hoped but still decent. With this sudden run-up in price, I've already broken even on my initial costs.

Not sure why the sudden price run-up though? I think it might because of the recent software update. It slowed our miners down to almost zero for a couple days while the update was completed. One of my miners is still not mining or syncing at all.

Last edited by Kiran403; 11-08-2021 at 07:24 AM.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #1887
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #1888
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
The purpose of a currency beyond just as a means of exchange is to allow the Government to have some stabalizing control on an economy, it also enables them to insure the financial system, without this there are no credit cards, no car loans, no mortgages.

I have the advantage that I can remember life without credit, its not that far back, 1960's for the UK, if you wanted to buy a car you paid cash, there were no car loans.

A world without Government control is a world where we all have very little stuff, where banks are little more than places to keep your savings, they dont lend money beause it is too risky, the economy shrinks massively due to the lack of purchasing power.
People forget this is why our Grandparents lived 3 or 4 to a 2 bedroom house, it was because they couldnt borrow enough to have a bigger house, go back to the 1930's and most people had to pay cash up front for a house, there were no mortgages for ordinary folks.

Much like our ability to dislike 'big pharma' because we have become so used to easy access to medicines that cure common diseases that used to kill us or how we are so used to living in a stable democracy we can assume we can break democracy and everything will be fine we also assume without Government control (and it's associated insurance) of the economy it will be fine and all the things we like about fiat Government backed currancy will still go on, they wont, no Government control no Government backing, no backing no lending.

What a well written response. Unfortunately, it has absolutely nothing to do with why allowing one party to wholly control a currency is a terrible idea and it wrong in almost every single aspect.

I can borrow against my crypto right now, and the defi market is in its infancy.

Do you think that government control over currency began sometime after your grandparents couldn't get a mortgage? Government control was the reason why mortgages were harder to get before, not the solution that solved it. Governments control their currency to control their economy. They use it to manage inflation and the borrowing power of the nation.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #1889
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianman View Post
What a well written response. Unfortunately, it has absolutely nothing to do with why allowing one party to wholly control a currency is a terrible idea and it wrong in almost every single aspect.

I can borrow against my crypto right now, and the defi market is in its infancy.

Do you think that government control over currency began sometime after your grandparents couldn't get a mortgage? Government control was the reason why mortgages were harder to get before, not the solution that solved it. Governments control their currency to control their economy. They use it to manage inflation and the borrowing power of the nation.
Government control of currency as we know it began only when the west gave up the Gold Standard, which was a gradual process throughout the 20th century and finally abandoned in 1971 by Nixon.

The reason you can borrow against crypto is purely because your bank knows it has Government insurance, without Government backing, either implicit or implied, you would'nt be able to raise a red cent, the underpinning of our whole system of debt which is used to control the economy is the government printing money, if the Government cant print money there is no Covid relief and the last 2 year would be a tale of desperate 1930's like poverty.

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 11-11-2021 at 03:22 PM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #1890
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we at least agree that crypto is useless beyond being an investment for 99.9% of people today? Not sure why that is an insult. Gold is useless for 99.9% of people now too and it also has value as an investment.

Perhaps one day crypt becomes a useful tool, I have no idea if that is likely or not. But the people pumping it up to you on the internet as the future (not posters in this message board) are also the people who benefit the most when the value increases.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:59 PM   #1891
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Can we at least agree that crypto is useless beyond being an investment for 99.9% of people today? Not sure why that is an insult. Gold is useless for 99.9% of people now too and it also has value as an investment.

Perhaps one day crypt becomes a useful tool, I have no idea if that is likely or not. But the people pumping it up to you on the internet as the future (not posters in this message board) are also the people who benefit the most when the value increases.
How could you buy a Matthew Tkachuk NFT without crypto??
#notuseless
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2021, 07:04 PM   #1892
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this, but Ken Griffin buying the US constitution is the most hilarious trolling in a long time. He’s tailed against crypto, and he’s the CEO of Citadel. As if he wasn’t hated enough, he pays $43.2m to really twist that knife.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2021, 08:58 AM   #1893
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Texas, already home to the most vulnerable power grid in the U.S., is about to be hit by a surge in demand for electricity that's twice the size of Austin's. An army of cryptocurrency miners heading to the state for its cheap power and laissez-faire regulation is forecast to send demand soaring by as much as 5,000 megawatts over the next two years. The crypto migration to Texas has been building for months, but the sheer volume of power those miners will need -- two times more than the capital city of almost 1 million people consumed in all of 2020 -- is only now becoming clear.
https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/...r-grid-and-all

That sounds good for the environment.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #1894
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/...r-grid-and-all

That sounds good for the environment.
Just 118 more years to go.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:16 PM   #1895
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1464218397416300559
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 08:12 PM   #1896
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1465059470564900865
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:44 AM   #1897
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Don't engage these people at all. Most are making ridiculous statements like this knowing they'll get tons of engagement on their tweets.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #1898
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why does it always get so quiet around here at any drop! this should be the time when the smartest people are making their recommendations. Instead, this thread isn't a talk about crypto, just a thread of look what I've done.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #1899
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Why does it always get so quiet around here at any drop! this should be the time when the smartest people are making their recommendations. Instead, this thread isn't a talk about crypto, just a thread of look what I've done.
PBR has a chance to fall to $1 (which sucks for my current holdings but could be good for others) and the PBR/USDT LP on Quickswap can be farmed at a 290% APY + an approximate 1.4% daily farming reward paid in dQUICK.

Good farming oppo today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2021, 03:50 PM   #1900
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm currently testing out a couple of things, the BNB Vault, this allows me to be hands-off with my BNB investment. I think if you are being a passive investor on their earning products, so far it's a great solution, though the return is low compared to the BNB fixed-term investments. Currently getting 5%, I've gotten 5-15% on the fixed-term.

The upside to the BNB Vault is it hooks in with Launchpad, BNB has a good upside to it, but it won't have an explosive upside to it like some of the Launchpad tokens will have.

I'm also dipping my toes into the liquidity-swap market, investing 10 NEO into the NEO/USDT, the yield was estimated at 17% APY, but I chose the pair not because of the return because I didn't really care about my 10 NEO coins LUL.

I also decided to pick up the position in WNDR, I'm not going to stay long in this position though, I'll probably wait until their app is out (Jan 25) and then dump most or all of my position because I don't really like their social media presence (too much BS/Crypto Meme posting). I'm a bit nervous about this company because they announced their app launch, and it's basically as (slightly down) where it has for a couple of weeks; I did not expect this activity.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum