Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #61
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Totally my fault for clicking on the spoiler tabs but could we possibly put "HOH winner" above spoilers like that? I don't mind most spoilers but like to keep HoH and Veto winners a surprise.

Ya I made the same mistake too, thinking it might have something to do with what happened on live feeds.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #62
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, my apologies. Should've labeled my spoiler.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #63
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I follow non HOH, Veto etc stuff on the live feeds via reddit. Gotta say even though I knew CBS was gonna highlight the whole JC/Bayleigh thing, it was cringeworthy to watch. I get she was offended and he shouldn’t have said that but her response was so insensitive and tone deaf it was unbelievable. Talk about playing the race card. And then to continue to unapologetically use the m-word and f-words to his face with such glaring ignorance was hard to watch/read about. I’m amazed and impressed JC was able to keep composed.

And Sam. Oh boy that nomination speech. Putting up girls because they flirt too much? Jesus. Reading some of her further comments online I’ve lost a lot of respect for her. Not because she’s a prude but because she’s incredibly sexist and judgemental.

As for Kaitlyn being Kaitlyn, well that’s just good entertainment.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #64
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah Sam is quickly losing the sweet girl label and it seems like her real side is coming out now
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #65
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sam dropping truth bombs
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #66
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm guessing that episode of TKO was recorded well before Big Brother. Tyler was on it
Old 07-23-2018, 01:12 AM   #67
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Not impressed with Bayleigh in tonight's episode. She took a completely hypocritical stance on her argument with JC over derogatory statements.

She flat out used the F-word and M-word in regards to his homosexuality and height. He calmly corrected her before explaining its the same as using the N-word, and she flipped out.

Bayleigh essentially argued that she's allowed to be offended, but JC isn't.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #68
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Not impressed with Bayleigh in tonight's episode. She took a completely hypocritical stance on her argument with JC over derogatory statements.

She flat out used the F-word and M-word in regards to his homosexuality and height. He calmly corrected her before explaining its the same as using the N-word, and she flipped out.

Bayleigh essentially argued that she's allowed to be offended, but JC isn't.
Yeah that was all just silly and CBS spent way too much time on that. I can understand her hating that word as by her accounts she had a difficult upbringing and I can never put myself in the shoes of a colored person but it's JC talking here who's not the best with words (it was pretty clear he was simply making examples to show how offensive the "m" word is to a small person) and whatever bad things Bayleigh dealt with growing up I imagine you could multiply it x100 for a small Latino, gay man.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #69
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

"M word" isnt' a thing.

Are we really going to start playing "M word" hockey? The censorship of words is dumb. I promise when I'm alone in the car I bust out the N word at the top of my lungs when singing along to Dre or Ice Cube. Only fear of losing my job prevents me from doing that in public places.

Words are powerless until you rope them off and make them "special".
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #70
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
"M word" isnt' a thing.

Are we really going to start playing "M word" hockey? The censorship of words is dumb. I promise when I'm alone in the car I bust out the N word at the top of my lungs when singing along to Dre or Ice Cube. Only fear of losing my job prevents me from doing that in public places.

I never said anything about the Bayleigh/JC thing.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #71
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
"M word" isnt' a thing.

Honestly I don't care. I'm a person that's never been comfortable saying the N word. As a person who grew up in the 80's I would be surprised if I've even said the word five times in my life as I can't remember the last time I've ever said it and since I don't listen to trash music I don't need to worry about busting out those types of lyrics.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #72
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Honestly I don't care. I'm a person that's never been comfortable saying the N word. As a person who grew up in the 80's I would be surprised if I've even said the word five times in my life as I can't remember the last time I've ever said it and since I don't listen to trash music I don't need to worry about busting out those types of lyrics.
lol
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2018, 09:36 AM   #73
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
lol
Come on man I grew up when NWA hit the scene and the fact is that gangsta rap was never good.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #74
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Come on man I grew up when NWA hit the scene and the fact is that gangsta rap was never good.
There you have it. Proof that bad taste in music exists.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #75
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yah, well, thats just like your opinion man.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #76
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah that was all just silly and CBS spent way too much time on that. I can understand her hating that word as by her accounts she had a difficult upbringing and I can never put myself in the shoes of a colored person but it's JC talking here who's not the best with words (it was pretty clear he was simply making examples to show how offensive the "m" word is to a small person) and whatever bad things Bayleigh dealt with growing up I imagine you could multiply it x100 for a small Latino, gay man.
Colored person? Who are you? An Alabama water fountain monitor who time travelled to today from the 1930s?
Old 07-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #77
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Kaitlyn is a special kind of psychotic manipulative person. She clearly knew that Fessey was going to win that veto and she intentionally threw it even though she knew she wasn’t going to win just so she can use it against him and guilt him because she knew he would pick Hayleigh instead.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #78
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Why on earth would Fessey try to win the veto? There's no upside for him and he's seeing that now
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:53 PM   #79
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Not sure what would please me more. To see Kaitlyn go home only to find out that her boyfriend dumped her for all the #### she did in the house. Or to have rockstar go home and throw a hissy fit and I’d be glad she’s gone because she’s annoying. ON MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 07-25-2018, 10:50 PM   #80
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched Sunday and tonight's episode. this season is delivering, feels like old-school BB again with all the drama and gameplay. Tyler is really impressing me.

This could've been the easiest hoh ever for Sam she made this a bigger mess than it should've been.

Congrats to Haleigh for getting the final rose! Fessy winning veto was the best case scenario for the viewers.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote