Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #201
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

You are under estimating how many people are recruited for shows like this. Hence the unpreparedness.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 PM   #202
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Americans like these feel good kind of stories. If they're all swimming and wildlife instructors, you don't get that "feel good" story with the sheltered kid overcoming his fears and diving down to release the buoys.

This season has One World vibes to me, a universally awful season.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #203
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

I actually got good vibes from the first episode, but that could definitely change.

Wasn't a big fan of the season before this so got high hopes for this one
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #204
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I was doing survivor. I would watch every single video from this guy and practice it.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #205
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor is almost exclusively a social game now. And strong people to win challenges.

I have high hopes for this season. Liking the ghost island theme.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #206
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
I actually got good vibes from the first episode, but that could definitely change.

Wasn't a big fan of the season before this so got high hopes for this one
It's likely the editing of course but they are setting up a good rivalry. Makes me wonder if part of the early tribe switch up is to try to separate the two rivals and have it come back later at merge. No guarantee it happens of course but they can try to influence it with game mechanics. That and they need to do something to avoid one tribe being completely annihilated.

You also have a cast that, to a person, seems ready to play right off the bat. A couple of them waaaaay too hard but they are prepared to play.

Though I am getting sick of the "superfan" term.

Last edited by ernie; 03-06-2018 at 11:30 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #207
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chris needs to improve his social game, he's ordering people to vote the way he wants and not building relationships first.

Dom's alliance really screwed themselves here, they lose Morgan and Angela is still here. Awkward. Now it's Dom and Wendell against the rest of the tribe.

Libby is stone cold. James read Dom perfectly.

Have a feeling idols are gonna be a big factor in the next couple votes.

Random thought, Morgan physically resembles Parvati a little.

Last edited by mile; 03-07-2018 at 10:11 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:13 PM   #208
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Morgan leaving takes me out of Pool B. That stings a bit.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that random chance this episode wasn't all the random as it seemed that every choice that could be made for the most amount of drama was. Tribe shuffle split just about perfectly along old/new lines? Yep. Sure bet to be voted off gets the rock and sent to Ghost Island? Yep.

The challenge was pretty neat though. I liked it.

I agree with mile...Libby seems pretty stone cold. "Don't trust the cute blonds" indeed.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:20 AM   #209
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have to admit I was a bit confused with tribal. Only the 3rd episode and everything and everyone was switched up. I couldn't remember who was on what tribe before. I knew Dom and Chris hated each other but didn't realize Megan and Chris were so close, I thought for sure Dom was going to be voted out, guess I need to watch it again.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #210
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Good thing I got to pick 4 people since I’ve lost 2 already.

I like this season already. Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #211
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the 4 from the other tribe do have the read on Dom and suspect that they can use him for another vote or two but they have to be careful they find a way to get rid of him before it's too late. You know there are going to be multiple idols available at the same time at some point.

Last edited by ernie; 03-08-2018 at 01:09 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #212
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brendan leaving takes savardandjokinen out of Pool B with him.

I have to admit that I'm kind of surprised by that.

All around, a decent episode. Laurel's beast mode in that challenge was something else to see. Chris also once again shows that if you spend your time around camp telling people what to do, you just paint a target on your back.

I was...unimpressed with Naviti in the immunity challenge, as they seemed like they left it pretty much to Chris and Wendell, who somehow managed to do an 8 person challenge better than the other team of 8, despite just being two of them. Honestly not really how Malolo lost that one, really. Naviti pretty much gave them every chance to win that they could give them.

Tribal also seemed weird, or maybe I just didn't understand that idol. Micheal said that it could protect two people. Then told two names to Jeff. But Jeff only named one person. Was Micheal just trying to run a bluff?

Good but weird episode.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:20 PM   #213
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought that Bradley was going home for sure after he starting comparing himself to Boston Rob and Kim in a confessional. Maybe villain of the season?

Michael was definitely bluffing, that was a regular idol. I actually thought that was a really good attempt at using the backstory of the idol to lie about it's power, but it was an even better job by old Naviti to stick together.

Kellyn kind of gave off winner vibes to me with her confessional on Ghost Island. Think she played a big part too in making sure her five stuck together for that vote, she seems like a really strong social player to me.

My guess for next week based off the preview? Donathan double-crosses Chris.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #214
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dislike when people choose the easy road. I wanted her to forfeit her vote for an opportunity for the advantage!!
Old 03-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #215
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Brendan leaving takes savardandjokinen out of Pool B with him.

I have to admit that I'm kind of surprised by that.

All around, a decent episode. Laurel's beast mode in that challenge was something else to see. Chris also once again shows that if you spend your time around camp telling people what to do, you just paint a target on your back.

I was...unimpressed with Naviti in the immunity challenge, as they seemed like they left it pretty much to Chris and Wendell, who somehow managed to do an 8 person challenge better than the other team of 8, despite just being two of them. Honestly not really how Malolo lost that one, really. Naviti pretty much gave them every chance to win that they could give them.

Tribal also seemed weird, or maybe I just didn't understand that idol. Micheal said that it could protect two people. Then told two names to Jeff. But Jeff only named one person. Was Micheal just trying to run a bluff?

Good but weird episode.
Michael was bluffing. Trying to have the seed of doubt grow and grow in the minds of the solid 5. It was a really good attempt at trying to crack that group, but they remained solid. Having said that, they could have just as easily lost a member if Michael played the idol for the right person, but at that point, it was a guessing game and he guessed wrong.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #216
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
It was a really good attempt at trying to crack that group, but they remained solid. .
I strongly disagree. They made it known they were voting off Bradley.

They then told Sebastian and Chelsea that they were at the bottom and to come vote for them. But they had no incentive! They knew they weren't going home. If the planned fail, Bradley was gone. If anything it gave them more reason to stick with their original tribe because they had no risk of going home. Any type of concern that may have made them make a rash decision was now gone, for those two they couldn't have been more comfortable at the tribal which ruins the idea that they'll do something rash. They can always reassess where they lay after the vote and still will numbers if they decided to change.

Even Bradley had no reason to try and do a fast one. Now, the only way he survives if all 4 vote for him, is to keep the 5 together. He had no option.

Nope, if they were smart they should have said:

We got James' idol and it allows us to protect two people. Already 50/50 we'll protect the right person and one of you guys are going home.

We're voting 2 for Bradley and 2 for either Chelsea or Sebastian.

You five can vote together, and if you're lucky one of us goes home. If you're wrong though, and we protect the right person, Chelsea/Sebastian you're now at risk of going home and at the bottom of your tribe, you don't have the numbers.

Unless Chelsea and Sebastian, you want to work with us, vote Bradley and he'll go home.

----------------------------------------------------
And then of course the four of them should send the four votes to Bradley, and hope that Bradley votes Chelsea to protect himself and Chelsea/Sebastian votes Bradley to protect themselves. And chaos ensues.

But you're not going to change a person's mind in tribal unless you actually put some type of fear in them that they have to act now or they are going home.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #217
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I strongly disagree. They made it known they were voting off Bradley.

They then told Sebastian and Chelsea that they were at the bottom and to come vote for them. But they had no incentive! They knew they weren't going home. If the planned fail, Bradley was gone. If anything it gave them more reason to stick with their original tribe because they had no risk of going home. Any type of concern that may have made them make a rash decision was now gone, for those two they couldn't have been more comfortable at the tribal which ruins the idea that they'll do something rash. They can always reassess where they lay after the vote and still will numbers if they decided to change.

Even Bradley had no reason to try and do a fast one. Now, the only way he survives if all 4 vote for him, is to keep the 5 together. He had no option.

Nope, if they were smart they should have said:

We got James' idol and it allows us to protect two people. Already 50/50 we'll protect the right person and one of you guys are going home.

We're voting 2 for Bradley and 2 for either Chelsea or Sebastian.

You five can vote together, and if you're lucky one of us goes home. If you're wrong though, and we protect the right person, Chelsea/Sebastian you're now at risk of going home and at the bottom of your tribe, you don't have the numbers.

Unless Chelsea and Sebastian, you want to work with us, vote Bradley and he'll go home.

----------------------------------------------------
And then of course the four of them should send the four votes to Bradley, and hope that Bradley votes Chelsea to protect himself and Chelsea/Sebastian votes Bradley to protect themselves. And chaos ensues.

But you're not going to change a person's mind in tribal unless you actually put some type of fear in them that they have to act now or they are going home.
The whole logic was also completely flawed. If you are already on the bottom of Bradley's five man team, all switching your vote does is put you on the bottom of Micheal's five man team. The way it was presented didn't give any incentive to do anything.

It's too bad Micheal guessed wrong though, as Bradley has a very punch-able face and personality. Sending him packing would have been very satisfying.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NuclearFart For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #218
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

See ya Steph
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #219
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stephanie going takes rumy with her out of Pool B

Dunno what to think about this episode. It just kinda...went. The Malolo 5 did their thing. Boring.

The Immunity challenge was neat, though.

I'm glad that next ep is either a mix up or the merge.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #220
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

No I should've picked Kellyn in the draft.

Dom vs Chris at tribal needs to happen soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post: