Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2020, 06:32 PM   #121
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Qualifying offers just for Zadorov, Namestnikov, Nieto and Burakovsky would be $12M+ so signing those 4 is probably more like $15M.

There are other to re-sign as well, but if they just did those 4, that would leave them $7m to sign 5 minimum wage guys

They can't sign Hall (unless they want 7 or 8 minimum wage guys)
Namestnikov and Nieto are UFA's IIRC, no qualifying offers there, and if they sign Hall they probably let both walk and promote from within. Jost, Kamanev and Nichushkin will all be cheap RFAs to re-sign as well.

The only expensive RFA forward to bring back should be Burakovsky.

Signing Hall long term though could be an issue when it comes time to extend Makar and also Grubauer in the years ahead.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #122
FlameFan21
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I thought my SNET app glitching out or something. 7-1 again?
FlameFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #123
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I have already won my work playoff pool by only picking avs players.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:53 PM   #124
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you look at the top scorers in the NHL playoffs, almost everyone is on teams that are out, or almost out. Except the Avalanche players.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #125
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1296237436981276673

Lol
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #126
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Are you insinuating it will take $10 million AAV or more to sign Hall?

Because I highly doubt that.
Mac Pacioretty gets $10.5 M. Yeah, Taylor is going to get paid.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/top-20-salaries
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2020, 07:23 PM   #127
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Mac Pacioretty gets $10.5 M. Yeah, Taylor is going to get paid.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/top-20-salaries
I said AAV. Patches cap hit is $7 million.

Hall's cap hit will not be $10 million +
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2020, 11:30 PM   #128
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
And Flames fans melt down about losing by one goal
The melt down is more about the franchise history of choking a near 3-1 series lead into an inevitable series loss. We are sick of it. For whatever reason, this franchise never seems to have the determination needed when the chips are down.
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:32 PM   #129
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Namestnikov and Nieto are UFA's IIRC, no qualifying offers there, and if they sign Hall they probably let both walk and promote from within. Jost, Kamanev and Nichushkin will all be cheap RFAs to re-sign as well.
Eventually they owe MacKinnon about 20 million in back pay that they'll have to tack onto his next contract too.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:42 PM   #130
Dragomir
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
We’re not mad at the score, we’re mad that we choked away the series in those final 10 seconds.
Dragomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:02 AM   #131
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Flames fans melt down because we've been mediocre for 30 of the last 31 years and have a sobering view of another half ass rebuild on the horizon. Big picture.

Anyways I'm done there. Not getting into anything and hope we win tomorrow.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:35 AM   #132
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are starting to come off a bit as a Flames schill here. Maybe time to knock it off with some of these pointed comments and worry about your own posting rather than worrying so much about how other Flames fans feel and post regarding the team.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #133
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
You are starting to come off a bit as a Flames schill here. Maybe time to knock it off with some of these pointed comments and worry about your own posting rather than worrying so much about how other Flames fans feel and post regarding the team.
Why not have opposing opinions? This board is allowed to have countless posters crap on the team and players at a nauseating level but someone that is showing optimism can’t push back?
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #134
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
We’re not mad at the score, we’re mad that we choked away the series in those final 10 seconds.
Dude, you shouldn't be mad at all. You never gave the Flames a chance way before game 4 happened.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #135
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Why not have opposing opinions? This board is allowed to have countless posters crap on the team and players at a nauseating level but someone that is showing optimism can’t push back?
I agree with this in principle. There is way too much bitching and moaning about the Flames here for a fan forum. HF Oil couldn't do a better job than CP at running down the Flames if they wanted to.

That said, dino's obvious blind rage towards anyone who would even suggest that a rival team might actually have good players or even, gasp, be a good team can get a bit tiresome, so I think EE has a valid point here, too.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blender For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 08:20 AM   #136
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
Dude, you shouldn't be mad at all. You never gave the Flames a chance way before game 4 happened.
We can't be mad that the Flames rebuild has likely peaked? It's pretty disappointing to say the least. I was hoping for a few years of being a top 5 team in the league, instead we get more mediocrity.

Even still, it would have been nice to have a 3-1 strangle hold in the series and maybe eventually a series win as well. Probably not going to happen now though because the Flames pulled a "Flames" and couldn't hold a ####ing lead for 12 more seconds.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #137
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We can't be mad that the Flames rebuild has likely peaked? It's pretty disappointing to say the least. I was hoping for a few years of being a top 5 team in the league, instead we get more mediocrity.

Even still, it would have been nice to have a 3-1 strangle hold in the series and maybe eventually a series win as well. Probably not going to happen now though because the Flames pulled a "Flames" and couldn't hold a ####ing lead for 12 more seconds.
This version of the team has likely peaked and changes will be made but this isn’t a tear down scenario. Similar to 2 years ago when they determined Hamilton wasn’t a core piece they wanted to move forward with they move him along with a player with one year left on his deal and a top prospect that wouldn’t sign for 2 younger players that were immediately signed to be part of the core.

This flames team still has several players that can improve or maintain for the next few years but changes will be made. If the Johnny for futures/sign Hall plan doesn’t happen then I think Johnny is traded in a hockey deal.

For me I felt the potential of this team was likely at its highest during the World Cup in 2016. The Gaudreau I saw at that tournament had me hoping/thinking we have potentially a generational talent and a guy that would routinely challenge for the Art Ross trophy. He was electric as a rookie and followed that up with a top 6 in scoring season then looked like one of the 2-3 best players on team North America.

In the 18/19 season I thought this team had finally hit their stride. Gaudreau was in the Hart mix and the Flames were an amazing team. That seems so long ago and it is clear that this group needs to be changed but there are key pieces in place to keep this team moving in the right direction.

This isn’t a tear down but it requires a major renovation
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #138
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
That's my point. There should not be any push back in a forum that's based on different people posting different opinions as they are opinions and nothing more and none better than the other. I may oppose his views but I don't single him out for it (well except this one because he's been doing this continually during these playoffs). Meanwhile he continually singles out posters for posting opinions he doesn't share. I haven't been on a single sports forum where everyone is in unison and everyone loves every player so if you can't handle that then posting on team forums isn't for you. If I see posts I don't agree with or care for that opinion I move right on by as it's not my job to police and I choose to respond to posts that interest me. No fan should be have to worry about their opinion being ridiculed for being too positive or too negative.

Yes there is a lot of negativity here right now but this team has a history of disappointing its fans and if some fans are fine with cheering for a team that wins some games and maybe makes the postseason and there's nothing wrong with that but some fans strive for their team to accomplish more than that and there's also nothing wrong with that either.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 09:04 AM   #139
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck-Hater View Post
Impersonating Rick Tocchett's response to his team being a sack of garbage this entire playoff?
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote