Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #3601
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Definitely don't want the Oilers to be able to fill the bottem half of their roster with players like Kostin. A great young player is probably a stretch. But solid and capable. I'll take him on the Flames instead

https://theathletic.com/4527388/2023...s-klim-kostin/

i stopped reading at:

Quote:
Oilers fans are a sophisticated group

becuz i was laughing and becuz the 'paywall' screen came up... but mostly becuz i was laughing
Old 05-20-2023, 06:13 PM   #3602
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
How's that?

All that aside he really does have the size and skills to become a proverbial "power forward" that every team in the league wants to acquire. Agreed the potential exists. So does the Russian factor though.

Those guys take much more time to develop and figure things out. Often not getting there until they are 25-27 years old.

Hard to believe Holland would give up on him right now IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
PPG?

Potential for what though? The poster said he was a great young player, 24 isn't really young and he seems to maybe have the potential to be a poor 2nd line player at best.

There is nothing about his play, nothing in his background to indicate he is anything more than a run of the mill 4th liner/AHLer.
Points per game, not power play goals. 21 points in 57 games is decent - about .4 ppg, especially considering he gets no powerplay time and 10 minutes or so a game atoi. With, say, a guy like Backlund, and maybe second unit time, he'd get 35-40 points.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton in no good