Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #21
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdon View Post
Enough with the give Bennett a chance song and dance. Hes been given every chance hes ever earned or deserved.
You are, quite simply, wrong. Data on linemates and associated productivity is here

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/sam-bennett
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #22
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
Not as much as anyone else who has been tried there with even poorer results
I get that Bennett hasn’t been given much of a chance, but I’d say there’s been at least three guys who’ve had better results.

I think Bennett is just not a fit on the top line, though. He just doesn’t play a style that would mesh with Gaudreau and Monahan. Or Tkachuk and Lindholm for that matter. He might do OK with Ryan.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:28 AM   #23
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I get that Bennett hasn’t been given much of a chance, but I’d say there’s been at least three guys who’ve had better results.

I think Bennett is just not a fit on the top line, though. He just doesn’t play a style that would mesh with Gaudreau and Monahan. Or Tkachuk and Lindholm for that matter. He might do OK with Ryan.

So who are these three guys who have had better results, and with whom?

Bennett has played with Ryan a decent amount, Tkachuk for some time, but from zero to quite little with Gaudreau or Lindholm.

There actually could be a quite strong argument to see how Bennett gels with actual top 3 players, other than feelings it just may not work
Old 01-19-2020, 01:42 AM   #24
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
So who are these three guys who have had better results, and with whom?
Hudler, Lindholm, Ferland. The suggestion was that others had been given more top line time with worse results.

If you are talking present Flames, only Backlund and Lindholm have had more time than Bennett, methinks.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:06 AM   #25
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Hudler, Lindholm, Ferland. The suggestion was that others had been given more top line time with worse results.

If you are talking present Flames, only Backlund and Lindholm have had more time than Bennett, methinks.
Well, these guys did all right with Johnny and Monny for sure. To varying degrees, but yes.

But you would be hard pressed to find Bennett’s corresponding opportunity. In 2017-18, Ferland had 71 percent of his even strength time with 13/23. Bennett had 7. Ferland had 27 points with them, Bennett had 2.

This whole argument is weak because he has not had the chance to play with top players and develop chemistry. The data is crystal clear. Just hasn’t happened
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #26
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
He has a no trade clause. Extremely unlikely to waive. If he did, he would pick very few destinations. No leverage. Not a readable asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a no trade clause. It's a modified no trade clause. He can disallow ten teams, which leaves us with twenty-two potential trade partners.

He most certainly is a tradable asset, and he's our most valuable tradable asset too.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #27
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Nope. How about you read my post before commenting on it? I specifically said that I want the Flames to cycle through wingers until something works. Besides, who the heck is working on the top line that the notion of trying Bennet on it seems to trigger you? Anyway, it is 100% fine if you don't want to read through my entire post if it is too long and you don't have time for it, but you why waste the time to comment on it is beyond me.
I went back and re read your post, you mentioned Backlund and Bennett having chemistry and then said they might work on the same line.

Then when you wrote out the lineup you didn't put them together. It doesn't really make sense.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:21 PM   #28
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I went back and re read your post, you mentioned Backlund and Bennett having chemistry and then said they might work on the same line.

Then when you wrote out the lineup you didn't put them together. It doesn't really make sense.
It had A LOT of words though.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote