Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2022, 04:20 PM   #3541
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Apparently for next years model they're going to offer the hybrid in awd, not just fwd

that'd be very interesting
That's cool. It'd be the perfect truck for my business.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:37 PM   #3542
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah dealerships are a pain in the ass. When I bought the car two years ago it took me like 45 minutes to get out of the finance office without anything. If there's a next time I make sure to eat spicy Ground Beef and refried beans and go in without shame. They come in with we can give you all this for an extra $120 every two weeks...yeah you just added 33% to the cost and gave me nothing...eff off.

I am starting a new full time remote job next week, so that will buy me some time. Like many North Americans my spouse worries about the vehicle we might need 20 days a year, more than what gets you by the other 345. I'd rather have 1-2 cars and rent a SUV that one week a year where some extra room would be a nice to have.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:23 PM   #3543
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Heh, that’s exactly what I said tonight. The few trips we have planned, well the car will do and if not we’ll rent something.

Now I just gotta fix a transmission, brakes and fix some paint
Old 07-07-2022, 06:33 AM   #3544
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Too bad the supply is greatly underserving the demand.
Yeah I put $1k down on one in 2021 before the car was even confirmed so safe to say likely amongst the first in the country to put money down on one and if I get one it may not be until 2023 at the earliest.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:14 PM   #3545
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright, pulled the trigger on a new car. Wanted a wee lad that's a little nicer on gas.

Drove and researched pretty much every compact the last few days and surprised myself with which one I liked the most. I think the Mazda 3, Impreza and Corolla are ugly. The Civic was noisy, Kia Forte and Hyundai Elantra I just disliked the interior.

So, something I never thought I'd say. I own a Nissan Sentra

Last edited by btimbit; 07-12-2022 at 01:18 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:17 PM   #3546
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I just spit out my coffee all over my screen.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #3547
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Well I'll be damned. Just looked up a 2022 Sentra and it looks really nice. I like the white with black roof. What are the details? CVT?
Old 07-11-2022, 04:19 PM   #3548
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I just spit out my coffee all over my screen.
Hahahaha I knew that would get your attention specifically. Few years ago I would def agree but the re-design is nice

Frankly I pretty much agree with Consumer Reports rankings, except I just think the Impreza is ugly. Last gen was much nicer

Spoiler!
Old 07-11-2022, 04:20 PM   #3549
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I'll be damned. Just looked up a 2022 Sentra and it looks really nice. I like the white with black roof. What are the details? CVT?
Yup CVT.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:24 PM   #3550
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Hahahaha I knew that would get your attention specifically. Few years ago I would def agree but the re-design is nice

Frankly I pretty much agree with Consumer Reports rankings, except I just think the Impreza is ugly. Last gen was much nicer

Spoiler!
Yeah, I couldn't do the Impreza, either. It would be embarrassing to drive.

I like the looks of that Sentra. I also really like the looks of the new Z including the rectangle grill opening. I've had a few Nissans over the years and am happy if they start making vehicles people want again. They had a tough decade or so of total flops, but look to be on the upswing. Seems like a solid choice to me. Congrats.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:27 PM   #3551
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Top spec SV Premium. Yeah CVT. Would like a 6 speed but only one in a decent trim level in Calgary was Orange and Black. I actually kinda liked it but was overruled by the wife. Really love Grey w/ black roof but couldn't find one in Calgary, so ended up with black on black on black

I won't pick it up for a few days.
Spoiler!

Last edited by btimbit; 07-12-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:33 PM   #3552
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dunno, the Impreza may be uglier, but around here the AWD is huge to have in the winter. We went from a Civic to that, and the difference in driveability was massive. More fun, too.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #3553
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
btimbit, do you know much about light duty trucks, such as Colorado/Canyon? I'm thinking about downsizing from my 1500 Sierra into one of those, but realizing I might not see that much improvement in mileage? It's either that or into an SUV that still has about 5000lb towing capacity.
Useless trucks in my opinion, sold GMC's for five years. The only people buying Canyon were retirees (farmers) who moved into a condo and could not fit their full sized truck in the parking spot or newly divorced cougars (provided they did not buy a Jeep). You are looking at best 9l/ 100km on these things. They are "capable" trucks but would not want to pull anywhere close to the 7500lbs capacity. The 3.6L V6 has been a GMC staple going back to 2010 and the new 9 speed tranny is great. Powertrain wise they are excellent vehicles but unless you HAVE to downsize I wouldn't give it two thoughts, and as mentioned, the pricing on them does not make sense.

Last edited by Derek Sutton; 07-11-2022 at 04:42 PM.
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek Sutton For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #3554
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I dunno, the Impreza may be uglier, but around here the AWD is huge to have in the winter. We went from a Civic to that, and the difference in driveability was massive. More fun, too.
Definitely a valid point. For me I have other vehicles for winter, this is just a basic runaround
Old 07-11-2022, 05:15 PM   #3555
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Useless trucks in my opinion, sold GMC's for five years. The only people buying Canyon were retirees (farmers) who moved into a condo and could not fit their full sized truck in the parking spot or newly divorced cougars (provided they did not buy a Jeep). You are looking at best 9l/ 100km on these things. They are "capable" trucks but would not want to pull anywhere close to the 7500lbs capacity. The 3.6L V6 has been a GMC staple going back to 2010 and the new 9 speed tranny is great. Powertrain wise they are excellent vehicles but unless you HAVE to downsize I wouldn't give it two thoughts, and as mentioned, the pricing on them does not make sense.
What are cougs who like fun cars driving these days? Base mustangs and camaros, I assume.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:16 PM   #3556
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll give nissan credit though. They've listened where it counts by taking the CVT out of the pathfinder. Hopefully pulling it back into a proper offroader down the line.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:42 PM   #3557
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish Nissan would bring back the XTerra. They discontinued it at seemingly the worst time.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 08:35 PM   #3558
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Top spec SV Premium. Yeah CVT. Would like a 6 speed but only one in a decent trim level in Calgary was Orange and Black. I actually kinda liked it but was overruled by the wife. Really love Grey w/ black roof but couldn't find one in Calgary, so ended up with black on black on black
I live a block from a Nissan dealer and they had one on their lot for a few weeks earlier this year, walked by a few times and it really had me thinking. Very sharp and nicely trimmed out. I am curious about the CVT, I've never driven one and not sure I'd like it.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:34 AM   #3559
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I wish Nissan would bring back the XTerra. They discontinued it at seemingly the worst time.
Yeah but it would be the exact same XTerra that hasn't changed since 2005. I don't think that's going to sell in 2022 as sales were putrid in it's last year.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2022, 11:56 AM   #3560
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

You just knew it would be BMW that did something as asinine as this.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/12/2...-seats-feature
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post: