Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2019, 12:06 PM   #1061
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know where I can get an 18 foot hose for a natural gas BBQ? I bought a Broil King Baron on the weekend, and I need to hook it up. The hose that came with is ten feet, but I want to run it underneath the new deck rather than above, so it needs to be longer.

I assume BBQs Galore has something but if there's a cheaper option I'll go for that. Prefer not to buy on Amazon.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 07-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #1062
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Try Benner plumbing on Edmonton trail, they will probably have a better price than BBQ galore.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #1063
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is this a good one? I looked at the PitBoss one which is a similar design at Cabelas and thought it would be a good replacement for my 6 rack Bradley digital.

Thoughts, suggestions? I guess I need to decide fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
Alright - another sick deal alert from Costco.

https://www.costco.ca/Louisiana-Gril...100483390.html

Louisiana Grills 7-Series Vertical Pellet BBQ Smoker - Regular $799, until the 16th is down to 499. Only on costco.ca
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:29 PM   #1064
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given how good the weather is, I'm amazed this thread is buried all the way down on page 3.

I recently got my first natural gas BBQ, a Broil King Baron, and damn, have I missed cooking everything on the grill. Hopefully this serves as a worthy thread bump... behold the best burger I have ever made.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2019, 08:35 PM   #1065
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve got to ask...Lettuce and tomato under the burger??
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #1066
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Correct. One slice of hot house tomato, romaine, 1.5" thick ground chuck patty, Ford Farms coastal cheddar. Onion on top of the cheese. No slippage.

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 07-30-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:31 PM   #1067
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

man Corsi..... that looks goooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!

well done!
Old 07-31-2019, 04:44 AM   #1068
rbochan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
man Corsi..... that looks goooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!

well done!
Medium rare, I'd hope.
rbochan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbochan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #1069
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm so hungry. What kind of cheese did you use? Also something to try: grill your onions on the BBQ with some olive oil & salt & pepper brushed on until they start to crisp up a bit. It takes all burgers to the next level.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #1070
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
I'm so hungry. What kind of cheese did you use? Also something to try: grill your onions on the BBQ with some olive oil & salt & pepper brushed on until they start to crisp up a bit. It takes all burgers to the next level.
I kinda like the fresh cut ones, but I'll try that method. Sometimes I'll caramelize a yellow onion in maple syrup to change things up a bit... that's pretty delicious. The key to this one though was just that it was probably the thickest patty I've put on a grill and I managed to cook it just right.

As for cheese, I used Ford Farms coastal cheddar:

It's good stuff.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:10 PM   #1071
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

FYI for all the BBQers out there, Save On does happy hour from 3-7PM Tues-Thurs

Tuesdays are beef skewers (chicken breast, chicken thigh, turkey, beef or pork) in assorted sauces. Regular price beef are $5, all others $4 so Tuesdays beef are $2,50 and others $2 each. Limit 9 skewers.

Wednesdays are wings. Hot buffalo or maple bacon flavours. regular price .50 cents each, Wednesdays they are .25 cents each. Limit 24 wings

Thursday are sausages. Typically 6 varieties (hot Italian, mild Italian, apple and pork, blueberry maple, andouille, asiago/red pepper) Regular price $2 each, Thursdays they are $1 each. I am unsure of the limit.

Friday are prawn skewers. I think plain, mango chili or butter herb flavours. Regular $2 each, Fridays they are $1 each. Again, unsure of the limit.

Burgers always seem to appear in there as well, pretty sure on Thursdays. The stuffed feta burger cooked on my pellet grill is probably the best burger I have ever eaten. Patties are $2.50 or something....I don't quite remember.

I've been more or less living there with the wife and kids out of town.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #1072
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i made rack of lamb tonight (for the first) on the bbq - it was AWESOME!!!

the only thing I didn’t know was how hot to have the burner on my bbq for the indirect heat. I had it on medium – which was too low (and it was taking forever for the temp of the meat to go up), so I cranked it up and it worked fantastic

I used rack of lamb from superstore – so nothing special. I also got some lamb chops – it all turned out delicious!!! will definitely make again!

sorry - no pics, but this is the recipe i used....

Grilled Rack of Lamb

Ingredients
2 racks of New Zealand lamb (8 bones each)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary

Directions
· Prepare mustard and rosemary mixture: Mix Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and rosemary in a dish.
· Remove lamb from the refrigerator. Trim off any excess fat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the racks of lamb. Cover the lamb with mustard mixture and let lamb come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes. Reserve a small amount of the mustard mixture for basting while on the grill.
· Preheat the grill to medium heat. Clean and oil the grill.
· Place the rack of lamb on grill meat side up, with ribs away from direct heat. Do not place the lamb directly over the heat, in this instance we are actually roasting the lamb on the grill.
· Cook for 14-20 minutes turning and basting occasionally with the mustard mixture.
· Remove the lamb from the grill when internal temperature is 135-140 for medium rare.
· Cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:42 AM   #1073
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sounds delicious! I use a digital thermometer with a grill clip to monitor the temps of indirect cooking. That way you know exactly what temp it is on the area of the grill that your meat is.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #1074
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
Sounds delicious! I use a digital thermometer with a grill clip to monitor the temps of indirect cooking. That way you know exactly what temp it is on the area of the grill that your meat is.

so do i - they work fantastic!!

my problem was this...
Quote:
Preheat the grill to medium heat

what the heck is medium heat? it would have been better if they gave an actual temperature. i had thermometers in both the rack and the chops so it was easy to see where they were at for temperature. when their temps weren't really moving i just increased the temp of the bbq
Old 08-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #1075
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was at Costco South today. The Costco gods continue to mock Canadianman with the still priced at $799 Louisiana Grill.

Still had the Napoleon and Webers.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #1076
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

What’s everyone using for a thermometer? Not wanting to spend a ton but like the dual ones.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:01 PM   #1077
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maverick remains the most popular option, but there are certainly new App-enabled thermometers coming on market by the week.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #1078
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just use a basic Oxo digital one. Grilled some pork tonight and it worked just fine. Not sure why it needs to be complicated. Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:04 AM   #1079
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Maverick remains the most popular option, but there are certainly new App-enabled thermometers coming on market by the week.
This is the one I’m looking at

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/mav...bes/1000836948
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:14 AM   #1080
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
What’s everyone using for a thermometer? Not wanting to spend a ton but like the dual ones.

this is what i have - but it's the 'older' model and white in colour

https://www.amazon.ca/Maverick-Range...gateway&sr=8-3

i've been really happy with it. being able to monitor not just the temp of the smoker but also the meat at the same time is great!

a buddy of mine has a similar system, but his sends the info to his phone - he's really happy with his too

Tags
bbq , beer , grilling , meat , napoleon , steak , weber