Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #21
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
I just counted my HD channels on Bell and I count 61 plus the 4 Movie channels that I don't get for a total of 65.
Well, from what I can see off a latest list (this list could be off a tad), the differences for major channels are noted below (I am not counting PT channels or PPV channels - just standard channels that are on all the time and broadcast at least some HD content):

Bell has and Shaw does not:

CityTV
CTV West
Equator
OasisHD
Raptors
Rush
TreasureHD

Shaw has and Bell does not:

Nat. Geographic
ShowCase

CityTV (most) and CTV programming is all available on the U.S. nets available in HD (both east and west on Shaw).

So the major difference I can see is the former ZOOM channels:

Equator
OasisHD
Rush
TreasureHD

Which I personally have no interest in watching. I stick mainly to primetime programming personally.

Not to mention (unless Bell has since added them), Showcase and National Geographic are both on Shaw and not Bell.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #22
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
Not to mention (unless Bell has since added them), Showcase and National Geographic are both on Shaw and not Bell.
Bell does have both of those channels in HD.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #23
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Equator
OasisHD
Rush
TreasureHD

Which I personally have no interest in watching.
Have you watched any of these channels? I was actually suprised that they have some really good stuff on here. Its not mainstream stuff but they do have some interesting shows.

Quote:
They added them quite a while ago and for anyone on Bell that didn't notice. National Geographics - 828; Showcase - 838

Bell has added The ScoreHD and has added all 4 Sportsnet feeds so once Sportsnet changes over you will get all 4 regions in HD.

Bell has a huge advatange at adding channels compared to Shaw, they also have the advantage of having more SD channels which means once they start disappearing they will have more bandwith for HD programming. Say what you want about their customer serivce, but their product is the best out there.

Last edited by HOOT; 07-22-2008 at 09:17 AM.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #24
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Have you watched any of these channels? I was actually suprised that they have some really good stuff on here. Its not mainstream stuff but they do have some interesting shows.
I've seen the lineups. No interest at all.

Quote:
They added them quite a while ago and for anyone on Bell that didn't notice. National Geographics - 828; Showcase - 838
Like I said, I have not checked the lineups for a bit. They did not have these two channels for QUITE some time, while Shaw and SC did have them.

Quote:
Bell has added The ScoreHD and has added all 4 Sportsnet feeds so once Sportsnet changes over you will get all 4 regions in HD.
ScoreHD has about 5% HD content right now...useless. How much HD you getting on those 4 SN feeds? Thought so...

Quote:
Say what you want about their customer serivce, but their product is the best out there.
Yeah, no, sorry...Customer service is an important part of product delivery. BEV's customer service SUCKS. Not to mention the constant screw ups with primetime programming when they are always simsubbing Global/CTV/City/TSN/etc. overtop of better PQ and better sound offered on the U.S. channels.

I will gladly give up Equator or Rush or whatever to get the true U.S. HD feeds and not some simsubbed crap or have to wait on hold for 2 hours and then finally talk to someone who cannot speak a word of English.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #25
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
ScoreHD has about 5% HD content right now...useless. How much HD you getting on those 4 SN feeds? Thought so...
I take back what I said in the other thread!

I realize the SN channels have nothing right now, but thats why I said once Sportsnet switches over they will be available. I also don't watch Score so I don't know what kind of programming they have.

Do we really want to get into this topic again?
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #26
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I take back what I said in the other thread!
Fine...

Quote:
I realize the SN channels have nothing right now, but thats why I said once Sportsnet switches over they will be available. I also don't watch Score so I don't know what kind of programming they have.
This is about HD content RIGHT NOW, is it not?

Quote:
Do we really want to get into this topic again?
Why not? It's fun.