Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2024, 09:54 PM   #7041
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They're on youtube, full length videos, they're very cool.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM   #7042
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Creepy" Edmontonios causing problems during Dynamite/ROH tapings last night. Not at all surprised, glad he got kicked out.

Quote:
“A man in the front row continued to make vulgar comments about Skye. Commenting on her body, calling her baby girl, the whole shabang. The whole match. Wouldn’t stop when people around him told him to STFU – he just got louder. Aubrey Edwards finishes reffing the match and screams for him to be kicked out to security. Both AEW security and arena security were involved. More people were called when he put up a fight. He had a child with him. Skye left the ring quickly and was very upset. Really awful thing to observe in 2024.”

Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com noted that the fan was was ejected from the arena after security had words with him. Johnson noted the following about what he was told…

“Earlier in the evening, Saraya pointed out several front fans at ringside on camera on Dynamite, saying they were ‘creeps.’ We are told one of those she pointed too would have been the same fan. We are told AEW officials were praising both Skye and Ellering for keeping the bout together despite the obvious distraction.”
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 02:23 PM   #7043
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

####ing Edmonton man.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 02:16 AM   #7044
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see Dynamite ratings are in the toilet (lowest in four years) yet again. In fairness, WWE ratings are also down, but they're not actively seeking a new television deal. Also the angle with The Bucks is failing miserably. I saw someone suggested that the angle should have been Okada alone turning mega heel. First he takes out Tony, then Omega. That would have worked better. No one likes Bucks/Perry. They are ruining the product with their go home heat. I can't see how anyone can disagree with that at this point.

Someone else mentioned how WWE turned a midcarder in New Japan (Tama Tonga) and now he's coming off as a main eventer. Meanwhile AEW took Okada and have relegated him into midcard duty with a secondary belt.

Take is also unhappy with how he's being used in AEW. One of their hottest stars, and Tony can't book him. “Its been a few weeks since I got to be on air and due to (the nature of) the live broadcast my match was cut. I was already waiting at the entrance gate with my gown on when I was told so. I carried all those frustrating emotions of that moment into that one match in Budokan. There was that feeling that I didn’t want to lose to them either.” Take was the shiny new Buzz Lightyear until Ospreay and Okada signed... now he's Woody. What a shame.
Old 05-17-2024, 05:34 AM   #7045
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Take was in character. He's a heel.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:00 AM   #7046
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I haven't watched a minute of wrestling since wrestlemania, its funny, its not like WWE went bad or anything, I've just kinda lost interest.

With AEW, when I've watched it, it just doesn't appeal to me, and that's fine it can't cater to anything.

As for the ratings drop, beyond things like the NBA playoffs, and MLB, its possible that a combinations of injuries to their really interesting players like MJF, combined by just a real stand out booking failures have burned out their fanbase.

It was funny, I was watching Wrestling with wregret and he was covering the TNA ppv where Jeff Hardy showed up in no condition to fight and Sting just force pinned him to get it over with and low and behold, they had an X-Division title fight that featured the tag team of Generation Me, which was the bucks, and I thought, that was an awesome name. The match was a bit of a mess booking wise, which was the signature for TNA at the time (Is it still, I haven't watched it in years).

Old 05-17-2024, 09:53 AM   #7047
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

My thoughts:
  • I love AEW, but their booking over the last two years has been frustratingly piecemeal - like they're winging it week to week. WWE's booking is much stronger (especially under Trips); they book wayyyyy longer storylines and seem to have an agenda that fits into the bigger picture with each angle. AEW just seems to... throw our randomness and hope the audience plays along.
  • I frickin' hate the Bucks. They're leaning into this EVP angle because they know it'll bring them heat, but holy man are they ever overexposed. They're like annoying hyenas, and not in a good way. Any why were they wrestling Daniels and Sydal, two wrestlers who all of a sudden they have beef with, and two wrestlers who haven't been on TV in ages? Why does Tony Khan think we're all of a sudden invested in Christopher Daniels, who is just enhancement talent at this point?
  • Jericho's Learning Tree is growing on me. He's overexposed like the Bucks and should think about retiring, but he's able to constantly transform himself, I'll give him that. Hopefully he takes Big Bill to a new level.
  • Why is Brian Cage being constantly shoved down our throats every week? Dude is constantly losing, isn't there anyone else AEW can give that much TV time to?
  • Okada is being used terribly. He's getting wins, but aligning him with the hyenas doesn't do it for me.
  • AEW needs to build Hook better. He's got a ton of potential and I'm not sure he's being properly used.
  • I like the Shibata thing with the Google Translate! His character is really developing into a fun angle. His match with Jericho last week was awesome.
  • Toni Storm continues to be must-watch TV.
  • Willow Nightengale is a star in the making.
  • House of Black needs to be pushed more; such a collection of talent, they could be as big as Judgement Day if they're booked properly.
  • Nice to see Darby back!
  • And I've said it before and I'll say it again... there's simply too many belts. Reduce the number of belts and do away any cross-promotion with ROH please.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:59 AM   #7048
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Reduce the belts reduce the roster to me.

I want to add on, Mercedes' strength is in the ring, not on the mic, she's always been a bad promo, yet they're doubling down on it. She came in as a face and because of her promo's she's pretty much a heel.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:09 AM   #7049
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gunther/Kingston was a fantastic match on Raw this week. I like that they're finally building King of the Ring into something relevant. Plus they're already teasing Gunther/Dragunov, which will lead to some great matches.

Gunther is the future of WWE. I love everything he does, he's a natural. I don't know if they can build him as a face, but he'll be the ultimate heel for many years.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:16 AM   #7050
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Should just call him Walter, like he's supposed to be. They did it for Pete Dunne (from that horribly named 'Butch' character).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:42 AM   #7051
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

WWE is building Gunther into a monster, and I'm here for it. Every single match he puts on makes him look good, and makes his opponent look good. He obviously has future world champion written all over him.

Another thing I'm loving too is that with the departure of Vince and the reigns fully under Trips, the wrestling has gotten better. Seems like they're able to wrestling a bit more freely / less restrictive now - which is something, I bet, the wrestlers have wanted for ages.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2024, 08:09 PM   #7052
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ospreay is a freak

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/17...488861942?s=46
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 09:29 PM   #7053
TBone290
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not sure if this was just changed recently, but AEW on July 10 in Calgary is going to be Dynamite and Collision. Which is a whole lotta wrestling! Should see some pretty big names!
TBone290 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TBone290 For This Useful Post: