Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2016, 03:36 PM   #41
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
If he did that Hartley would pull him off the line the second he took a penalty. That's not the flames identity

Is this supposed to be green text? I don't think Hartley would punish ferland for sticking up for Johnny. Too many players are taking liberties with gaudreau as is... Brent Burns is one of them... I hope ferland goes after him if he tries it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #42
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
If he did that Hartley would pull him off the line the second he took a penalty. That's not the flames identity
He doesn't have to take a penalty. Chirping someone and letting them know he's going to bash his face in next time he slashes Gaudreau is part of what makes this experiment so intriguing. He should be able to create more space for them.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #43
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
He doesn't have to take a penalty. Chirping someone and letting them know he's going to bash his face in next time he slashes Gaudreau is part of what makes this experiment so intriguing. He should be able to create more space for them.
So he laughs slashes gaudreau again and watches as Ferland tries to do something about it and takes a penalty?

This is the new NHL. They won't call the slashes but they will call a guy like Ferland going after a guy like Burns IMO.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:07 PM   #44
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
So he laughs slashes gaudreau again and watches as Ferland tries to do something about it and takes a penalty?

This is the new NHL. They won't call the slashes but they will call a guy like Ferland going after a guy like Burns IMO.
At least get in his face, give him a facewash, and call him a ####head. These things matter.

Anyways if someone takes liberties with Johnny and it goes over the line of just a wack or two, I personally have 0 problem with Ferland taking a penalty to let him know it's not ok. That may be just me, though.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:10 PM   #45
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
Is this supposed to be green text? I don't think Hartley would punish ferland for sticking up for Johnny. Too many players are taking liberties with gaudreau as is... Brent Burns is one of them... I hope ferland goes after him if he tries it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think the flames take the fewest penalties? Luck?
Old 01-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #46
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post

Ferland is far from stupid. He will however target a player and continually look for clean devastating hits against them.

Ask Kevin Bieksa or Luca Sbisa about it if you don't believe me.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #47
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why do you think the flames take the fewest penalties? Luck?
Who's gonna take penalties? Stajan? Jones? Colbourne? Other than Bollig, who's not playing much these days, and Ferland, Flames have neither skilled Marchand-type agitators, nor big wingers that are not afraid to take a roughing penalty nor big 3rd pairing defensemen that are willing to punish the offenders on-ice for taking liberties with our young players. I thought that's why we had Engelland, but he's not playing much either nowadays. I loved Engelland's awakening during playoffs last season, but he has not been the same this season.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #48
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, so I've seen a trend on here that's bothering me a little (in fact, you could say it "grinds my gears"). Only 3 people bothered to thank Halifax Drunk for posting the game thread today, and I'm one of them.

What the hell people? When did we get so stingy with the gratitude around here? These things don't just magically write themselves. HD goes through a lot to put all the data together along with photos and give a cohesive summary of the matchup. It takes time and effort which is UNPAID, so the least you could do is show some appreciation. As a fellow writer on this site, the only thing we get in return after taking time from our busy schedules to add to this site in a meaningful way is to have our fellow fans let us know that they appreciate our work.

Seriously...all you have to do is click a button. It's the least you can do and it makes us feel like our efforts are appreciated. Come on CP, you're better than this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2016, 04:42 PM   #49
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

NHL pre game prediction:

3-2 flames with Jooris channeling his inner Paul Byron and scoring the winning goal on a short handed breakaway. Other 2 goals from Gaudreau and Jones.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #50
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Flames haven't scored more than 5 this season. It's time for big'un! 7-2 Flames.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #51
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun fact:

TJ Brodie has now passed Monahan for 2nd on the team in PPG.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #52
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Fun fact:

TJ Brodie has now passed Monahan for 2nd on the team in PPG.
what a beast, hopefully monohan gets going, if we can get monohan hudler (when he gets back) and bennet going i think we will make it in
Old 01-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #53
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
what a beast, hopefully monohan gets going, if we can get monohan hudler (when he gets back) and bennet going i think we will make it in
Monahan isn't play as well because he's sad that people still spell his name "Monohan".
Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #54
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Centre Ice channels for:
Monday, January 11

San Jose at Calgary, 1900h Mountain
Confirmed Flames feed in red

Shaw Cable 352 SD and HD
Shaw Direct 164 HD--Classic lineup
Shaw Direct 464 HD--Advance lineup

Bell - 427 SD 1452 HD

Telus Sat - same as Bell
Telus Optik - ***

Rogers - Same as Eastlink

Source Cable - 456 457 SD 484 485 HD
Eastlink - 456 457 SD and HD
Cogeco - 456 457 SD 486 488 HD

Westman - 803 804 SD 817 818 HD
MTS - 837 838 SD 1837 1838 HD
Novus - 484**
Northwestel - 577 578 SD and HD
Videotron - NA***

USA
Indemand - Game 3 SD Game HD3
Directv - 770 SD 770-1 HD
Dish - 575 SD 9542 HD Hopper channel 475-03

Sirius Radio-- Siri 219 (Internet 926)
XM Radio-- XM 219 (Internet 926)
SXM Radio-- SXM 219 (Internet 926)

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
Closed Thread

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin