Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #21
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

as is the standard bet in pro sports.... the better team will win.

argh.................
Old 11-17-2015, 10:09 AM   #22
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Thanks for the post HalifaxDrunk.

Just having trouble getting excited this year.

Last year: Oh! Is it game day?!

This year: Oh... is it game day...?

Call me fairweather, call me bangwagoner. It's neither of those, and not even close. I've been pretty hard core my whole life. I just think it comes from the speed of how we went from ecstatic highs, to crushing lows. Hope to feel the excitement again this year, but that probably won't happen till we hit .500 and playoffs are at least an outside possibility.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #23
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ohhhhh what the hell. Go Flames Go!
Old 11-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #24
skudr248
First Line Centre

Exp:

Come on Flames....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skudr248 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #25
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I want a good concerted effort. Win or lose.

I'd also love to see Monny, Johnny, Hamilton, and Brodie have good, or even great games.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #26
Har-Calgary
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post

Call me fairweather, call me bangwagoner. It's neither of those, and not even close. I've been pretty hard core my whole life. I just think it comes from the speed of how we went from ecstatic highs, to crushing lows. Hope to feel the excitement again this year, but that probably won't happen till we hit .500 and playoffs are at least an outside possibility.
I've accepted that we probably won't make the playoffs this year, lowering your expectations will really help your enjoyment on watching this team. The road trip wasn't all bad, resurgence by Mony and Sam continues to play great. I now watch for 6 players, Johnny, Mony, Sam, Brodie, Gio and Hamilton. Yea we have other strong players too (Frolik has been a solid addition) but I think those 6 will be our core moving forward. As long as they play well and continue to improve then I'm pretty happy with the team this season, win or lose. Not worried about Gio, even if he goes this whole season not playing well I have faith he will bounce back, he's been great since he's returned from Russia, not just last season. He's one of the hardest working players I've ever seen and he will bounce back.

So with that being said, I just really hope Johnny gets back on the scoresheet tonight!
Old 11-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #27
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Please please please please get Hudler off the top line Hartley. That's all I ask!!

I would rather have Blake Comeau circling the net in useless fashion than see Hudler make absolutely no contribution with Johnny and Mony.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bandwagon In Flames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #28
Samiz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think Johnny is gonna have a great night in a 5-1 Flames win
Old 11-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #29
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Johnny is on a slump. 4 games 0 points. Hope he snaps out of it. Gio is the leader and needs to play better.

Anyone know the last time a player not named TJ Brodie received an extension and played his worth?
Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #30
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon In Flames View Post
Please please please please get Hudler off the top line Hartley. That's all I ask!!

I would rather have Blake Comeau circling the net in useless fashion than see Hudler make absolutely no contribution with Johnny and Mony.
That's a bold statement. Not as bold as Moneyhands23 last season but it still sounds crazy.

Last edited by genetic_phreek; 11-17-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #31
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

All I want for Christmas is a Brodie / Hamilton pairing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #32
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon In Flames View Post

Agreed and IMO Monahan as well. Get Bennett, and/or Backlund, Frolik up on that top line. I don't care.

Quote:

Lots of this sentiment here and me as well. For me I'm just tired of bad teams. Enough's enough. 5 years out of playoffs was hard to take, glad for last season but this isn't acceptable. I do not accept the narrative about rebuilds inevitably being this long, painful process.

Last edited by saillias; 11-17-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #33
FireItUp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I truly hope they learned something from the Chicago game, this could very well be a season turnaround game for the Flames after the lesson given from Chicago.
If they want to move out of the basement and become a playoff contender and eventually a cup contender they better understand what it takes to be one of the top teams in the league...they need to skate harder, play smarter, play as a team and actually #NeverQuit (not only in plays during the game but for each other). Everyone on this team has to be better for us to have any real success and I hope it starts tonight.
Go Flames!.
PLEASE
Old 11-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #34
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireItUp View Post
I truly hope they learned something from the Chicago game, this could very well be a season turnaround game for the Flames after the lesson given from Chicago.
If they want to move out of the basement and become a playoff contender and eventually a cup contender they better understand what it takes to be one of the top teams in the league...they need to skate harder, play smarter, play as a team and actually #NeverQuit (not only in plays during the game but for each other). Everyone on this team has to be better for us to have any real success and I hope it starts tonight.
Go Flames!.
PLEASE
What would they have learned in Chicago that the other 11 losses (many of those complete blowouts) didn't teach them?
Old 11-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #35
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
All I want for Christmas is a Brodie / Hamilton pairing.
Quote:

I agree with the tenor of your post (even if I did momentarily think you meant that you patronized mobile brothels when you called yourself a 'bangwagoner').
Old 11-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #36
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
What would they have learned in Chicago that the other 11 losses (many of those complete blowouts) didn't teach them?
Well from the pre-game warmups they should've learned a good lesson from Kane about how not to style your hair if you're balding. That's about it.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #37
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't remember where it came up in this forum before, but there were people scoffing at the idea of Schneider being in the conversation of a top 10 goalie in the NHL. He was really good last year with very little relief from a backup, sporting a GAA of 2.26 and a Sv% of .925. His numbers this year tell a story of someone who has really found a groove in New Jersey. GAA-1.98, Sv%-.928. Also, Luongo has been the MVP for the Panthers this year with a 2.35 GAA and Sv% of .926. Vancouver let both of these guys go for a song.

In short, Vancouver is no good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #38
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, expect all of Cammalleri, Stempniak, and Schlemko to record a point against us tonight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #39
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

As long as they combine on the only goal against us, thats fine.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #40
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Also, expect all of Cammalleri, Stempniak, and Schlemko to record a point against us tonight.
Eagerly anticipating the return of the "Let's go Schlemko" chant at the Dome tonight...
Closed Thread

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin