Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #1101
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Buffon to PSG is interesting - sad that he didn’t just finish his career with a CL win at Juventus though.

The Ronaldo to Juventus talk is interesting but I personally just don’t see it happening.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #1102
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

looks like it's going to happen. Juventus have posted a short teaser video on social media today, but have now deleted it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...r_cr7_started/

not exactly a rich list of players wearing number 7 for them lol, I don't think the pressure of beating guys like Simone Pepe and Zaza will be overwhelming.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #1103
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez I wonder who's going to win the Italian League next year
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #1104
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ronaldo to Juventus is done.

Over pretty quickly in the end. Thought a man with Ronaldos ego would wait until the day of the WC final to announce this.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #1105
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would imagine Madrid go after Neymar or Mbappe now. Mbappe makes way more sense to me, much younger and could be better sooner than later.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #1106
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I would imagine Madrid go after Neymar or Mbappe now. Mbappe makes way more sense to me, much younger and could be better sooner than later.
highly doubt PSG will sell either one after just one season.

My guess is Hazard.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:28 AM   #1107
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I keep hearing PSG are kind of against it with FFP so they might be forced to sell one, though I'd think they'd sell Neymar. Although I did see a rumour yesterday PSG were gonna offer €270 million for Coutinho, so maybe FFP isn't an issue.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #1108
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

FFP is an issue, but after selling Berchiche they've raised enough money this summer already to avoid penalties this year. It'll be an issue again next year, but they could still sell one of them then if necessary. They'll probably just sell guys like Trapp, Rabiot and Draxler this summer and bring in a few cheap replacements. Rumours of deals like the one for Coutinho are obvious BS.

As for Real, I think if they bring in Hazard plus a new striker (maybe Icardi?) they'll be just fine.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #1109
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

A big day for Juventus - this may actually help them over the Champions League hump.

Would be bitter sweet to win it this year without Buffon who just needed that trophy to complete his trophy cabinet.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #1110
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man....the money involved in this is going to be insane.

I never thought Ronaldo would ever leave Real Madrid.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #1111
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is great for Serie A. Just need some new stadiums owned by the teams in Milan Rome and Florence and the league should be near the top again
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #1112
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm actually pretty fine with this. The petulant #### after this year's CL really pissed me off and it happens every year. We were headed for a slide anyway, and the day he left was coming sooner rather than later. Might as well just rip the bandaid off instead of peeling it off slowly.

Big game hunting this summer. Too bad we missed out on Mbappe last year.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #1113
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think from a playing perspective its very smart by cr7

Serie a is less physical and much slower than spain and England, at his age, i think he can be a better player and for longer in Italy than in the other leagues
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #1114
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

So cr7 have been one of my favorite players for a long time, but I've been a Juve fan since birth it seems. Now that he is a part of my club I really want to see Juve play live so I'm starting to look at getting a ticket to a championship league match next year.

Does anybody have any advice for buying a ticket to a match next year? Seem to be a lot of websites selling tickets when the 19-20 schedule is announced. I'm assuming the best best is to grab a ticket from the club itself?

And regarding a flight I'd assume my best bet is to just find a flight to get me over the pond than maybe hop a Ryan air flight or something. I would not be staying long, a week tops. I'd just be going to see the match, that's all I'm interested in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #1115
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Id check out some english juve forums or their subreddit page maybe and see if the info is already there or ask about it

Someone would definitely know the best way
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #1116
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I looked into buying a CL ticket last year at the Bernabeu and it was damn near impossible unless you wanted to pay the scalper prices. Assuming Juventus works like Madrid, they all go to members first, and then some are held for the opposing club. Members typically won't let them go back into the resale pool like league games as they can flip them much easier.

Basically, prepare to buy off a scalper.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #1117
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
So cr7 have been one of my favorite players for a long time, but I've been a Juve fan since birth it seems. Now that he is a part of my club I really want to see Juve play live so I'm starting to look at getting a ticket to a championship league match next year.

Does anybody have any advice for buying a ticket to a match next year? Seem to be a lot of websites selling tickets when the 19-20 schedule is announced. I'm assuming the best best is to grab a ticket from the club itself?

And regarding a flight I'd assume my best bet is to just find a flight to get me over the pond than maybe hop a Ryan air flight or something. I would not be staying long, a week tops. I'd just be going to see the match, that's all I'm interested in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This was a long time ago, but I actually found getting tickets to a Juventus game was fairly easy. I ended up not being able to go because the Pope died and they cancelled all the games that weekend but there were plenty available on the club's website. Champions League will obviously be harder to get but that's where I'd start.

As far as airfare, you can check online for flights to London or Amsterdam (usually the cheapest European hubs) and then go for one of the budget airlines, but I doubt it'll save you that much money than either flying directly to Torino or taking a flight to Milan and catching a train. Not to mention the fact that getting from London Heathrow to Gatwick or Stansted is kind of a pain in the ass and time-consuming.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #1118
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah getting tickets in Italy isn’t that bad.

Went to a Italy-Spain World Cup qualifier in Turin in 2016 and tickets were very easy to come by.

Almost flew from Rome to Turin for a day trip since tickets for the Juventus - Dynamo Zagreb Champions League game were readily available still but flights were too much. Also could have easily had Serie A tickets for Rome or Lazio while in Rome - tons were available.

Compared to Bayern Munich where it was damn near impossible and only happened to get some because I joined the Members only resale group and got some when I checked in the middle of the night about a week before the game.

Ticketone.it is the site that most of the major teams in Italy use - Juventus included.

If you do go to Turin do the game day stadium tour and the museum - it was awesome to get a tour of the the stadium and we were in the Italy dressing room 3 hours before kickoff with all the jerseys ready to go in the lockers.

Hell I might have to go back for a Juventus game. Saw the national team but didn’t get to see the old lady there yet.

Fino Alla Fine!!

Edit: One thing I’ll add is you usually have to take a leap of faith that tickets will be available. For the World Cup qualifier tickets went on sale Sept. 12 for the Oct. 16 game. Champions League games are very similar where they go on sale just a couple weeks out. Best bet is to plan your trip around a Serie A home game and then the home CL fixture and try to make sure you get at least one of two games then.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 07-10-2018 at 05:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #1119
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

A few years ago I went back/forth to Sweden a few times, someone recommended Google flights to me, and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t ever heard of it. Probably saved me $1000.
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Delthefunky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #1120
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
Does anybody have any advice for buying a ticket to a match next year?
I'm not sure how it works in Italy but I'd strongly recommend looking into what ticket services either your local or national Juventus Supporters Group offer. I reckon a global club the size of Juve would allocate a certain amount of tickets for supporters groups. As the allocation would probably take place well in advance of league match or rather soon after a Cup match is scheduled, you may have plan in advance but the supporters group would offer a transparent, structured and identifiable process. Additionally, scalpers are wankers and should be cut from their source.

I took a quick look and, as expected, there appears to be an Official Juve Supporters Group in Toronto.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Addick For This Useful Post: