Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #61
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really loved the awesome trick riders at the Northern Lights Tent. They're a family of 5 daughters and a son in law that do a bunch of really dangerous stuff on their wicked cool horses/ Kind of like the Canadian Jackson 5 complete with sparkles and shiny costumes.

Stock dogs were so cool. Cutting horses.... amazing. Super dogs jumping into styro balls and not water this year was neat too.

I miss the guys who guess your weight, age or birthday on the midway. Did they get banned or something? Too voodoo?

Cheryl Crow and Platinum Blonde in one night...how's that even possible for $18?
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #62
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
2500 calories for 17000 steps? That seems a little high.

Yeah. When I run 10 km I only burn about 1000 calories.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #63
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I really loved the awesome trick riders at the Northern Lights Tent. They're a family of 5 daughters and a son in law that do a bunch of really dangerous stuff on their wicked cool horses/ Kind of like the Canadian Jackson 5 complete with sparkles and shiny costumes.

Stock dogs were so cool. Cutting horses.... amazing. Super dogs jumping into styro balls and not water this year was neat too.

I miss the guys who guess your weight, age or birthday on the midway. Did they get banned or something? Too voodoo?

Cheryl Crow and Platinum Blonde in one night...how's that even possible for $18?
Cutting horses are one of my favourite events. That and team penning. And you can just walk into the dome and watch for the price of park admission.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #64
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Yeah. When I run 10 km I only burn about 1000 calories.
Yah your about 500 calories per 10,000 steps. So more like 850 calories for 17,000.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #65
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Yah your about 500 calories per 10,000 steps. So more like 850 calories for 17,000.
This changes dramatically based on the weight of the individual.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #66
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
This changes dramatically based on the weight of the individual.

Walking on flat ground doesn't burn all that much.

In fact you need to walk about 25 miles at a pace of 17 to 24 Minutes per Mile to burn 2500 calories if you weigh 300 pounds according to this:

https://www.verywellfit.com/walking-...-miles-3887154

Last edited by Weitz; 07-13-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #67
IgnitedSoul
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

In case anyone wasn't able to get tickets to Kings of Leon and still wanted a chance to go, this was posted on the facebook page:

Quote:
If you weren’t able to get tickets, you can join the “rush line.” This is your chance to gain entry to the concert on a first-come, first-serve basis. After 8PM, we’ll be letting people in from the rush line, depending on how much space is available in the venue.
Also, they announced Kong. and Michael Bernard Fitzgerald as opening acts.
IgnitedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:05 PM   #68
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the heavy weight horse pull tonight. It was so cool. I love watching animals do what they were born to do. Chester and Duke pulled 12500 pounds of Burnco concrete.

During the event the first of three kids decided I was a better option as a parent. It was pretty weird. He crossed the aisle from where he was sitting next to his parents and sat down next to me and ate my donuts. His parents were about done so they didn't really care. I named him Slushie. He was from Wisconsin.

Then another little guy told me to buy him cookies on the midway. I didn't like him very much. I just named him Corn Dog.

Then a little girl from Drumheller asked if I could take her on the ride her parents wouldn't let her go on. Little Cotton Candy was pretty upset that I sided with her parents.

All in all, kinda weird.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #69
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if anyone was at the finals yesterday, but that was the absolute best flyover I have ever seen. Two CF-18s swept from south to north, curved over cemetery hill and then over the Saddledome, lower and faster than I've ever seen at the rodeo. They nailed the timing too, which has been an issue in the past.

This is coming from a guy who has been a season ticket holder to NASCAR in Phoenix (home to Luke AFB) for several years.

Good on you Canadian Forces, that was awesome.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #70
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They blasted over my house up in the NW just before or after that. I was jumping up and down pointing, while my wife gave me the side eye and went back to gardening.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote