Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #21
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Also the reason I sometimes disappear for a few days at a time or can be kind of a flippant dick to people here. I don't actually have any real animosity to most of the posters here but often I'm dealing with physical symptoms from the Crohn's BS or mental symptoms from the mood disorders I have. Might be over sharing a bit a here but I do sometimes worry about my tone.

I've never taken your tone personally, or thought it was over the top bad, I might not agree with a lot of people's views here, and I'm absolutely positive that the opposite is true. However we don't ever see each other face to face on a forum, so I take tone with a game of salt. We all to an extent play characters or exaggerations of ourselves in the virtual world.

But honestly Rube, I've never ever sat back and said F that guy when I've read one of your responses to me, or If I ever meet that guy on the streets its on like donkey kong.

I've often thought that there should be an anger button on this forum that when you hammer it a video of puppies sleeping plays to defuse some of the tension real or imagine flares up.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #22
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Assuming your Male would you be considered a hypochondriac relative to women? In general Men are a lot closer to Captain Crunch and don’t get treatment and die becuase of late diagnoses so comparing yourself to the average male isn’t a good measure.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #23
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I used to be worried all the time of getting sick, I carried a thermometer in my bag.We moved into a new place and found mice, I read about Hantavirus and even after we found the source and got rid of the mice I could not get it out of my head to the point I didn't sleep for a week even after going to a clinic and getting sleeping pills that didn't do anything. Saw my doctor and he treated me for general anxiety disorder and its 90% better. I get the occasional relapse but it doesn't control me and eventually fades away.

Worst thing about all of this is the stress from worrying about it raises your cortisol levels which does make you more vulnerable to being sick so on top of worrying I was sick more often and missing worked stressed me out and the cycle never ended.

See a doctor as soon as possible.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #24
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinePack View Post
Hey, i might have that.
Surprised not more likes for this post. That’s funny.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #25
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I currently have just about every disease I hear about. I have to keep telling my self dude your over reacting your healthy calm down
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #26
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

nm

Last edited by flamesfever; 12-08-2019 at 03:00 PM.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #27
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even though I haven't smoked in four years (humble brag) every time there is something even remotely feeling off with my lungs I obviously have lung cancer.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Traditional_Ale For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #28
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I'm definitely the type to go to the doctor only as a last resort. Although I've recently noticed that every time I get a cold, by day 4, I'm convinced I may have some kind of cancer. Neuroticism that I don't act on?

I've noticed that people in Alberta generally are obsessed with food poisoning. The many of my relatives and friends from Alberta will throw away food as soon as it gets close to the best before date. They will refuse to eat steaks that have been in the fridge for more than a couple of days (salting steaks and letting them age a week makes them so much better though).

Every time I choose a restaurant for family dinner I run the gauntlet of someone getting "chills" within a few hours of eating. Never mind that most food poisoning symptoms don't typically kick in for 16+ hours, and the "chills" is not the usually the primary symptom. I know multiple people who refuse to eat at anything but chain restaurants, under some belief that chain restaurants with minimum wage employees will be cleaner than a small greasy spoon type place. Travelling with family becomes even worse. Any kind of seafood beyond deep fried fish and chips is typically not an option. Ethnic food beyond a well known restaurant that they've been going to for decades, is similarly not an option.

/rant
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #29
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never go to the doctor until I am literally on death's door or physically incapacitated.

Last year, I had an infected peptic ulcer which turned into a lung infection, and was vomiting blood. If it wasn't for my partner forcing me to go, I guess I would have just died on the couch.

Last edited by peter12; 12-09-2019 at 09:58 AM.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:56 AM   #30
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
Even though I haven't smoked in four years (humble brag) every time there is something even remotely feeling off with my lungs I obviously have lung cancer.
You might want to check your house for radon.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #31
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I developed severe anxiety in my mid-20's. Had issues being in big gatherings or even going to a movie without feeling I was going to have a heart attack. Your mind can manufacture stuff like chest pains and things can snowball when you are having an anxiety attack. Medication helped but I had issues getting off anti depression meds and the zaps and all the other side effects as it took several attempts to be able to get off them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:11 PM   #32
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I'm definitely the type to go to the doctor only as a last resort. Although I've recently noticed that every time I get a cold, by day 4, I'm convinced I may have some kind of cancer. Neuroticism that I don't act on?

I've noticed that people in Alberta generally are obsessed with food poisoning. The many of my relatives and friends from Alberta will throw away food as soon as it gets close to the best before date. They will refuse to eat steaks that have been in the fridge for more than a couple of days (salting steaks and letting them age a week makes them so much better though).

Every time I choose a restaurant for family dinner I run the gauntlet of someone getting "chills" within a few hours of eating. Never mind that most food poisoning symptoms don't typically kick in for 16+ hours, and the "chills" is not the usually the primary symptom. I know multiple people who refuse to eat at anything but chain restaurants, under some belief that chain restaurants with minimum wage employees will be cleaner than a small greasy spoon type place. Travelling with family becomes even worse. Any kind of seafood beyond deep fried fish and chips is typically not an option. Ethnic food beyond a well known restaurant that they've been going to for decades, is similarly not an option.

/rant
I'm not gonna lie, I'm this guy. Not quite as bad as you described but I am scared of food poisoning or raw food. I just don't like the taste of seafood so that's not an issue, but eating undercooked food scares me.

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #33
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know where to ask this, and I don't want to start a new thread. But I'm looking for some advice: My girlfriend was diagnosed by a doctor today with depression. She's also barely been able to get any sleep at night, due to having alot on her mind and maybe over exhaustion, amongst other things.

She is in nursing school and hasn't handled the stress very well, on top of the financial stress with not being able to work. Her doctor prescribed anti depressants and Ativan.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice in general, or tips on what I can do to help or say? If anything. I can help a bit financially, and be there emotionally. Just looking for some advice or tips from people with more experience. Thanks alot guys

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Quote:
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
Old 12-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #34
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
I don't know where to ask this, and I don't want to start a new thread. But I'm looking for some advice: My girlfriend was diagnosed by a doctor today with depression. She's also barely been able to get any sleep at night, due to having alot on her mind and maybe over exhaustion, amongst other things.

She is in nursing school and hasn't handled the stress very well, on top of the financial stress with not being able to work. Her doctor prescribed anti depressants and Ativan.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice in general, or tips on what I can do to help or say? If anything. I can help a bit financially, and be there emotionally. Just looking for some advice or tips from people with more experience. Thanks alot guys

She's got to get into therapy and start peeling back some of what lies underneath her depression.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #35
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
She's got to get into therapy and start peeling back some of what lies underneath her depression.
Thanks, she is seeing a therapist at the school every Wednesday. She said she has been for a couple months now, but just told me yesterday

Quote:
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016